Keyboard_Cat

Down With The Sickness!

We are winning!

Fear not. We spreaders have the CURE for that!

user posted image

The difference between them and us is the fact that we have morals, and they don't.

PARDON ME?! This is not only an outrageously harmful and ILL way of thinking but also a desperate hit below the belt... mad.gif

I can't believe noone reacted to this before...

DC dragons are nothing but pixels and a bunch of code, so is that virus, there's nothing immoral in wanting to check things out in a pixel GAME:/ And this has nothing to do with what one would actually do irl instead...:/ Which is immoral is to judge and demonize people like this...

Geez, seing this attitude I start regreting I went for the neater badge (staff) instead of massively contributing to the discovery of what would happen to our pixel game if the virus side won ignoring the badge dry.gif "we(curers) have morals, they don't", jesus christ...

Just stop insulting and demonizing people who simply want to check what would happen is the GAME is different than every other day of its existence-_-

PS Nice badge you got here btw, I like it^^

Edited by VixenDra

For the glory of the cure, I made some buttons for the thread! I would make some banners, but right now, I can't think of a good background for them right now.

So, have some plain buttons!

user posted imageuser posted image

Cure Army: [img=http://i64.tinypic.com/o058aa.jpg] 
Team Cure: [img=http://i66.tinypic.com/14c63ib.jpg]

- The sprites is mine. I made it. So, they're mine.

- These guys are free to use! Just be sure to give credit to me when asked!

- I'll make actual banners eventually. The Viruses will be jealous of all our banners once Vrack is done with their banners.

I'm sorry to hear about your kitty Vrack. Same about your rats, rampaging wyvern/

These sprites are GORGEOUS <333 Thank you biggrin.gif

@VixenDra - You can technically still switch sides if you wanted to - they fixed the glitch where the badges didn't change (supposedly anyway; I think someone mentioned it in the main event thread; may have been TJ).

I would also be curious to see psychological studies about how/if people's morals change in video games, or if they make decisions based on what they already believe. I personally do make choices based on real life experiences, opinions, etc., though obviously that's not true for all or in all situations (you'd have to look at cases where you couldn't switch sides, and could only make a certain choice once more than likely).

Edited by Wahya

Yay for team cure! The buttons looks amazing...will add to my signature in a bit.

Picked the side of cure because hey, nobody wants to be sick, right? (not even digital dragons) ...but also because the "cure" badge looks great tongue.gif

I would also be curious to see psychological studies about how/if people's morals change in video games, or if they make decisions based on what they already believe. I personally do make choices based on real life experiences, opinions, etc., though obviously that's not true for all or in all situations (you'd have to look at cases where you couldn't switch sides, and could only make a certain choice once more than likely).

Isn't it obvious that it is different whether you are living in a real life vs. playing a game. I like shooting/war games but I would be the last person to actually aim at another living (or dead?? blink.gif) person! As I know it is a game and my choise does not have any real consequence it is easier to pick "the wrong choice". But it does not make it wrong to play that way.

And as sad as this may seem sometimes diseases are there for a reason. Like in a rabbit/mice population. When the population for a sertain area gets too big an epidemia strikes and cuts the population. So the area can become more striving (and as the area gets healthier so does the rabbit/mice population).

Here in DC the disease isn't anything mortall. I'd rather have my dragons to catch the virus and then overcome it. That way they'll have immunity to it. And if there weren't for the spreaders there wouldn't be need for your cure army so.. Call kettle black wink.gif

PARDON ME?! This is not only an outrageously harmful and ILL way of thinking but also a desperate hit below the belt... mad.gif

DC dragons are nothing but pixels and a bunch of code, so is that virus, there's nothing immoral in wanting to check things out in a pixel GAME:/ And this has nothing to do with what one would actually do irl instead...:/ Which is immoral is to judge and demonize people like this...

Geez, seing this attitude I start regreting I went for the neater badge (staff) instead of massively contributing to the discovery of what would happen to our pixel game if the virus side won ignoring the badge dry.gif "we(curers) have morals, they don't", jesus christ...

Just stop insulting and demonizing people who simply want to check what would happen is the GAME is different than every other day of its existence-_-

First, I cannot find a comment that says that anywhere in this thread (I'll come back to that later.). Second, it may just have been a joke? Like, you know, most stuff people say surrounding this event? Have you considered they might be hurt by your somewhat extreme response to a silly comment like that?

So, I am certain you are not making it up, so it seems Keyboard_Cat has deleted their comment. So you could go on in your rant and think they're so childish they just delete their comment when they're being shouted at, but maybe you convinced them that it might not have been the best way to put it as there will be people reading it in a different tone than intended, and thus removed it because they didn't want to hurt anybody else. In that case, it'd only be fair if you'd remove your reply as well, no?

Isn't it obvious that it is different whether you are living in a real life vs. playing a game. I like shooting/war games but I would be the last person to actually aim at another living (or dead?? blink.gif) person! As I know it is a game and my choise does not have any real consequence it is easier to pick "the wrong choice". But it does not make it wrong to play that way.

And as sad as this may seem sometimes diseases are there for a reason. Like in a rabbit/mice population. When the population for a sertain area gets too big an epidemia strikes and cuts the population. So the area can become more striving (and as the area gets healthier so does the rabbit/mice population).

Here in DC the disease isn't anything mortall. I'd rather have my dragons to catch the virus and then overcome it. That way they'll have immunity to it. And if there weren't for the spreaders there wouldn't be need for your cure army so.. Call kettle black wink.gif

There are reasons for diseases and parasites - they are living creatures too, and evolution has given them VERY strong advantages. Of course, there's the Red Queen Effect, but that's part of the evolutionary arms race.

Yes and no. For some people, they do act on morality even in less than moral situations, virtual or otherwise. Others, such as yourself, see it as nothing more than pixels and code. Everyone is different, and I'd love to see studies on how groups of people as well as individuals act when given certain moral choices when no true impact is to be made. It's interesting to see how different people's brains work.

There's an interesting study that's less virtual, but it acts on similar principals. They've banned it in some countries, due to the psychological harm it was causing. It's a shock punishment experiment.

I hope this game won't lead to discussions about actual moral.

This is still a game, and has not to be taken that seriously. Also because it's an Halloween game - and Halloween is all about being mean, scary and super-bad for a day tongue.gif

TEAM CURE, BEWARE! *evil laughs*

First, I cannot find a comment that says that anywhere in this thread (I'll come back to that later.). Second, it may just have been a joke? Like, you know, most stuff people say surrounding this event? Have you considered they might be hurt by your somewhat extreme response to a silly comment like that?

So, I am certain you are not making it up, so it seems Keyboard_Cat has deleted their comment. So you could go on in your rant and think they're so childish they just delete their comment when they're being shouted at, but maybe you convinced them that it might not have been the best way to put it as there will be people reading it in a different tone than intended, and thus removed it because they didn't want to hurt anybody else. In that case, it'd only be fair if you'd remove your reply as well, no?

The comment is still there. No one's been deleting anything.. smile.gif

I'm pretty sure that was just trash talk. If you go through the pro-disease thread you'll see quite a few comments poking fun and even ridiculing us "goodie two-shoes".

The comment is still there. No one's been deleting anything.. smile.gif

Ah - wonder why the timemark on the quote says something different than the timemark on the comment itself, but eh. Thanks for pointing it out!

Reading the comment, it's obviously some not-serious-at-all RP-ing to get in the mood. I see no intended harm anywhere in it. I do understand how it can be misunderstood, but that's all there was, a misunderstanding.

Personally, I'd appreciate if we could treat the other camp respectfully, even under guise of roleplaying. smile.gif There's no need to insult them. The malady itself, sure, knock yourselves out - I'm sure that can keep us occupied aplenty. happy.gif

I'm sorry, but that's unfair. Yes, it wasn't the best way to phrase it, but biting their head off for it wasn't the best way to respond, either. There was no need to react that way when a simple "No offense, but that isn't very nice," would've sufficed just as well.

On a side note, just won a game in one click. Yay?

Edited by CharonDusk

I seem to have no luck in the game this morning. I think I've won maybe 2. I guess it's because I'm tired. But hopefully this afternoon will fare better for me. FOR THE CURE!

Edited by Wahya

I'm sorry, but that's unfair. Yes, it wasn't the best way to phrase it, but biting their head off for it wasn't the best way to respond, either. There was no need to react that way when a simple "No offense, but that isn't very nice," would've sufficed just as well.

There's no need to get fired up here... I think Keyboard cat was just joking, and vixen only misunderstood his words.

That can happen in forums, since we can't see the attitude of people when they write tongue.gif

There's no need to get fired up here... I think Keyboard cat was just joking, and vixen only misunderstood his words.

That can happen in forums, since we can't see the attitude of people when they write  tongue.gif

Oh, I'm not getting fired up laugh.gif I'm just saying that there's no need to react as such. All that does is hurt people even more.

Anyway, back to the real point of this thread; maybe it's just me, but has anyone else noticed a difference in the bar depending on what they're using? At current, on my PC it looks like we're slightly ahead, but on my Kindle it looks like we're way past the "play" button. Eh, maybe I need to clear my cache or something.

Edited by CharonDusk

I'm done with the sickness-all it's doing is making the site slow way down for me once in awhile-bogs way down...plus I would like to look at my eggs and hatchies-pretty sure it's affected my trades-have a nice 3g shimmer that is "sick"...so no one can really see it.

It's just a game. People can play how they want to play.

I've gotten a lot better at minesweeper since the start of this event. I'm so happy it works on mobile.

In my firefox if i right-click on the red bar and inspect element you will see a percentage that proofs if it looks like team virus is leading this is only an optical illusion because the red bar appears bigger for us.

A red bar is bigger then a blue bar for the naked eye.

In my firefox if i right-click on the red bar and inspect element you will see a percentage that proofs if it looks like team virus is leading this is only an optical illusion because the red bar appears bigger for us.

A red bar is bigger then a blue bar for the naked eye.

Interesting, I didn't know that blink.gif WOnder why that is...maybe something to do with the different wavelengths the colour spectrum of light has? Sorry, my curiosity is going off track laugh.gif

But, to me at least, the blue bar does actually look slightly bigger right now. So does that mean we are in the lead?

Edited by CharonDusk

Personally, I'd appreciate if we could treat the other camp respectfully, even under guise of roleplaying. smile.gif There's no need to insult them. The malady itself, sure, knock yourselves out - I'm sure that can keep us occupied aplenty. happy.gif

Exactly! I understand the motives behind going for either option. Any slander against either side is unwarranted. One person doesn't speak for a whole group, but that doesn't mean that mean comments should be allowed. Whether it's role playing or not, there's no need to insult people'a moral values.

I'm done with the sickness-all it's doing is making the site slow way down for me once in awhile-bogs way down...plus I would like to look at my eggs and hatchies-pretty sure it's affected my trades-have a nice 3g shimmer that is "sick"...so no one can really see it.

It's been slowing down a lot of things for me too, particularly breeding. My computer and connection are usually very speedy, but since I have 5400+ dragons (slash that in half when I go to breed, as only one sex is included), all of that sickness loading makes it take FOREVER.

Yeah... Like PinkGothic said, I really shouldn't get into the emotional aspects of why people are going for Cure. But I feel like lending some understanding since I'm feeling up to it emotionally.

Personally: As someone who's recently lost a cat to a seemingly incurable disease, I don't want anyone or anything to needlessly suffer. I don't care if it's just pixels on a screen. I just- I don't know... I just don't want to go through what I went through with my cat again. With my cat there was nothing we could do to help him, he was overtaken by the illness. If there had been a cure we would've jumped at the chance. But they didn't even know what was wrong with him. So, for whatever reason, being able to do something here, where most people might think it doesn't matter, makes me feel like I have some control.

Simply and Objectively:

For whatever reason, my past experiences have caused the idea of leaving creatures to helplessly suffer (even when it's just a game) to be toxic to me. As a matter of principle, I have to help them.

I hope that helped rather than hurt your understanding of why people might push for the Cure instead of the Spread.

yes all of that did help my understanding of why some of you choose to cure thank you for explaining to me smile.gif

and wait is the sickness actually making the site lag?

the virus will disappear after the halloween event is over, why not just infect everything just to see what happens?????

I certainly thought about doing so - for a moment. But in the end, I really don't like things obscuring the images, so I went with cure. Also, I don't like my dragons dressing up in costumes, as well, so again - cure it is. And last but not least, the badge is pretty! That's three reasons for me to choose cure. smile.gif

And well, I guess I always choose the "good" option in games. *shrug*

Edited by HPhaeton