Keyboard_Cat

Down With The Sickness!

user posted image

Either something is glitching, or our heavy artillery is truly fearsome! biggrin.gif

This is...odd. And to be honest, kinda unnerving. A win through a glitch - or worse but extremely unlikely, divine TJ-scented intervention - is a hollow victory.

COME ON

GIVE US A CHANCE

No sir! I'll not have my hatchlings' entire childhood spent under the grim pallor of this plague! Out! Out I say!

Wow. We jumped up a lot.

Is this real life or is this fantasy??

I didn't think we'd catch up that fast.

Do we just have that many curers?

I wish we had an official count.

I do hope it's not a glitch.

Edit: Keep going though! We can cure it all!

- Also, fixing the alot.png to a lot, lol.

Edited by Shokomon

This is...odd. And to be honest, kinda unnerving. A win through a glitch - or worse but extremely unlikely, divine TJ-scented intervention - is a hollow victory.

I'm with you on that one! dry.gif

yeah I really think this needs to be looked in to. it smells fishy and a glitched game is no fun. its changing so fast i can see the bar moving when i refresh.

I mean you guys have pulled ahead plenty of times before -commendable rallying and teamwork without a doubt- but no one had ever pulled ahead THAT far THAT fast. unsure.gif

yeah I really think this needs to be looked in to. it smells fishy  and a glitched game is no fun. its changing so fast i can see the bar moving when i refresh.

I mean you guys have pulled ahead plenty of times before -commendable rallying and teamwork without a doubt- but no one had ever pulled ahead THAT far THAT fast.  unsure.gif

I've been noticing the spread team's percentage slowly dropping too. Though not as quickly as you make it sound. I'm trying to keep tabs on it to find how often the bar seems to update.

Edited by Daydreamer09

I give up. there's no point in trying anymore

I play quite a bit; I enjoy it. Perhaps many quiet people are playing and swaying the current toward the cure. It appeared last night that the plague was getting the upper edge, so I played harder for the cure. Just all in fun.

I've been noticing the spread team's percentage slowly dropping too. Though not as quickly as you make it sound. I'm trying to keep tabs on it to find how often the bar seems to update.

Every 10 minutes the bar seems to update. It went from 37.56% to 37.39% for the spread team between 4:41pm-4:51pm game time when I tracked it.

eta: Yep, every 10 minutes. Spreads percentage dropped again to 37.22% at 5:00pm

Edited by Daydreamer09

I give up. there's no point in trying anymore

You guys have been worthy adversaries during this game, and quite fun to banter with.

I'd be sad to see you stop now.

I hope we get a definitive answer from TJ after this event is over.

But don't give up now.

I still want play this game with you!

As much as I'd be disappointed if this was the case, maybe it was programmed as a subtle (or not so subtle) way to get rid of the virus at the end of the event? It would be a bit unusual, but there's no way to know what happened until something gets confirmed.

Edit: By it I mean the sudden cure progress.

Edited by Silverphoenixx

Hooray for the glitch!!!

My dragons won't have to be covered in green slime anymore!!!!

it wouldn't have mattered anyway. They would have appeared healthy tomorrow

At this point, a few Contagion members have quit because of this huge bar drop that's only sinking lower.

So

I guess cure wins? Because it's obvious at this rate there's absolutely no way Contagion's going to get that lead back that they had 20 minutes ago. dry.gif

As much as I'd be disappointed if this was the case, maybe it was programmed as a subtle (or not so subtle) way to get rid of the virus at the end of the event? It would be a bit unusual, but there's no way to know what happened until something gets confirmed.

Edit: By it I mean the sudden cure progress.

That's possible, but I wouldn't like it. Seems unfair to me.

The easiest way to confirm that this isn't a glitch would be if all the curers stopped curing for like 60 minutes, and then start curing again.

If the bar starts pushing right, and then suddenly switches to the left after the 1 hour, then we know, it was really a cure surge.

There is no way to coordinate that though. Not everybody is on the thread, and not everybody would agree.

Every 10 minutes the bar seems to update. It went from 37.56% to 37.39% for the spread team between 4:41pm-4:51pm game time when I tracked it.

eta: Yep, every 10 minutes. Spreads percentage dropped again to 37.22% at 5:00pm

Interesting, thanks for checking! I've been wondering this whole event, but didn't have the attention spam to check it myself. xP

That's possible, but I wouldn't like it. Seems unfair to me.

The easiest way to confirm that this isn't a glitch would be if all the curers stopped curing for like 60 minutes, and then start curing again.

If the bar starts pushing right, and then suddenly switches to the left after the 1 hour, then we know, it was really a cure surge.

There is no way to coordinate that though. Not everybody is on the thread, and not everybody would agree.

If you want to test out this theory, I found a website that makes a countdown timer image:

user posted image

It should change every time you refresh the page.

- The timer ends at 6:30 PM Eastern Daylight Savings Time / Dragon Cave Time.

- What we should do is at 5:30 PM Dragon Cave Time, STOP CURING.

-- It sucks, and my dragons will suffer, but I want to makes sure that this is not a glitch.

-- What should happen (if enough people stop curing), is that the bar will start moving to the right, and the disease will start gaining ground.

- Then, at 6:30 PM Dragon Cave Time, when time ends, START CURING AGAIN.

-- If another avalanche of curing occurs, and the bar starts jumping left again, then we know that there was just a bunch of curers who hopped on the bandwagon to cure, and not necessarily a glitch.

Of course, this is voluntary. You don't have to do it, but it would be good to see if this is true or not.

I'm going to try and see.

Edit: OHHHHH! Huh, so Spread had help all along? And now that the natural help is gone, Cures are really taking over?

So, it's not that there were a bunch of curers. It's that there was natural spreading of the disease that stopped on the final day...

We should still test out the theory to make sure.

Edited by Shokomon

Even with the natural virus spread removed, it looks like cure progress has stalled. Team plague is putting up some stiff resistance.

Even with the natural virus spread removed, it looks like cure progress has stalled. Team plague is putting up some stiff resistance.

Quite right too. You surely don't want to win just because TJ helped you by hiding the truth.

Welp. That test worked as well as you would have expected.

Go! Fight! Win Team Cure!

Might as well finish strong!

I still feel cheated a little.

Since the event is over, I will close this down.

As part of Team Cure, I had a great time!