angelicdragonpuppy

Raise odds of successful zombification

Just had 4 zombies out of 18 tries, 31st + night, seems I got 1/5 both in July and September after combining 2 odds risers...

Continuing to beat the (un)dead horse (dragon) but. C'mon.

Just had 0/10 turns and 8 dodges. And now we have ANOTHER Zombie with the bailakas? Ughhhhhhhh. It is extremely disheartening to gather droves of dragons each month just to fruitlessly slaughter them. PLEASE raise the turn rate across the board, and preferably raise the amount of kill slots and lower the dodge rate at the same time. And / or add a Zombie BSA for them to zombify other dragons with higher odds of success. SOMETHING. I don't mind difficulty, but RNG gaming for months on end with so many things stacked against us is not fun at all. I'd like to get multiple zombies of each type, but I'm taking over a year to just get one of each ADULT, much less extras or hatchies. :/

Since they were updated (May 2016) I have ALWAYS revived on 31st on months that have it, ALWAYS at midnight on months that don't, and I still do not have all the adult sprites, a year and a half later. e____e

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

I agree. After trying off and on for almost seven years of trying to get another Zombie, I finally got one last night. The odds need to be better 🤔

I'd be really really happy if the dodge rate would be decreased... I try to have 6-8 adults on hand to try to zombie-fy when I make attempts, but there have been multiple times where *every single one* dodged. I agree that the successful turn rate is horribly low, and I would love for that to be increased, but I could live with that like it is if I actually had a good chance of at least *killing* the dragons I need!

Bumping this to add my support because I've been following the topic only silently so far. Taking advantage of the nighttime higher odds, I still had 17 zombie fails tonight, 0 successes. Since early spring (over half a year ago) I've been dedicating my entire playstyle to getting zombies, with very few exceptions like new releases. In that time I've added only 5 zombies to my collection. I'm all for maintaining the element of a challenge, but this is pretty irritating, I've had more success breeding 2nd gen tinsels from common mates in that time which is usually the hardest thing to get for me.

I wish that at least such efforts and discouragement could be at all rewarding... and what we have? Textured tombstones 99% of the time for me... I have to either stay up all night or get up earlier than I normally do to attempt to make them and see them at all on my scroll and contemplate my progress... They should be visible for much longer... 12h at the very least... the lore is one thing but having it an actual mechanic is disheartening, especially together with low odds to zombiefy it's like nearly not worth it unless you're a completionist (and DC has been proving to be against completionist goals that go beyod one 1 adult per breed (2CB limit, 3GoN limit, no hatchies for Sino.s...)... pretty counterproductive I'd say)

And now with the site down I'm wondering how many people will loose tonight-turned zombies if TJ applies a shiftback to the cave... Good for me I didn't get up earlier today to attempt mine...

I wonder if it would be possible to code in a better chance for success based on how many times you've tried? Don't know if that would be possible since failed attempts eventually leave your scroll, but that would be a wonderful way to actually encourage trying, at least.

11 hours ago, VixenDra said:

I wish that at least such efforts and discouragement could be at all rewarding... and what we have? Textured tombstones 99% of the time for me... I have to either stay up all night or get up earlier than I normally do to attempt to make them and see them at all on my scroll and contemplate my progress... They should be visible for much longer... 12h at the very least...

I have this problem too even though I'm several hours ahead of cave time. Midnight to 6 am cave time (the hours zombies are visible) means 7 am to 1 pm for me, during which hours I usually work. It's a bit of a shame. But then again if I could pick a change to be implemented I'd consider better zombificaton odds way more important.

6 hours ago, Marie19R said:

I wonder if it would be possible to code in a better chance for success based on how many times you've tried? Don't know if that would be possible since failed attempts eventually leave your scroll, but that would be a wonderful way to actually encourage trying, at least.

If such a thing is possible, it could even make sense in terms of lore. Perhaps messing too much with spells that control life and death would increase the chances of something going "horribly wrong". Or if we look at zombies as a deliberate result, the user would gradually figure out how to achieve that. OR the user becomes more skilled at revival spells and the chance of them actually doing something to the dead dragon increases, but the chance of successful revival stays the same so only the chances of zombification increase in the end.

Best odds of zombies today. And I still only got 3/19. e____e

Please, please raise the odds or give zombies a zombie creating BSA. I've killed dozens of dragons over more than a year now and STILL don't have all the adult sprites, much less the hatchies or any extras, and the number of sprites is only likely to keep rising. It's very disheartening.

It was fine when there was only one set of Undead sprites, but now that each body-type has a full set, 5 kill slots isn't sufficient. 

I would definitely be in support of raising the odds of Zombification, and perhaps also raising kill limits with the trophies? If scroll space and freezing limits raise with it, I don't see any reason why kills can't either.

I just failed to get a single zombie, even though it's Halloween and I made forty attempts. I think the odds could maybe stand to be raised a little, yes. Please? I'd really appreciate it.

Edited by songwithnosoul

I've had a good bit of success so far today, but seeing other people's stats I'm very disappointed. Halloween is supposed to be the *best* time to get zombies out of the entire year, and I'm seeing multiple people getting nothing at all. If even the *best* chance gives nothing at all, something really really should be changed. I would love kill slots increasing with trophy level the way freezing slots do, as well as a bit of a boost to the actual success rate.

The odds for making zombies are way to low. This is honestly insane given the number of zombie sprites there are. I like the idea of Zombies being able to infect other dragons with a BSA but even if we get that the odds still need to be raised.

Given the number of sprites they have, it really needs to be raised to compensate. It was fine back when there was just the one set, but now we have more, and that number is likely to grow.

Yes, please. I love zombies, but making them is kind of awful and I realized that when introducing a friend of to the game recently. I felt bad having to explain the kind of work she'd have to put in to get even one. I'd be fine with a simple raise to the odds of success in the current system. But I'd also love to have more kill slots, and I'm fine with the idea of a zombie BSA. I don't really care how it's done. Just give us moar zomb plz

Edited by Lurhstaap

Regular bump.

Just had 12 fails on a day that’s supposed to have the second highest rate of success.

The current rate isn’t rewarding, it’s tedious and frustrating.

One out of 5 today. I'm OK with it :)

Either I'm extremely lucky, or a lot of people are just way too unlucky. I only tried 3 zombies at midnight and got 1, which I'm perfectly fine with.

Last time I tried it was on Halloween and I got 2/5, which is also perfectly ok :P 

Got *eleven* 'dodges', which really sorta pissed me off since I only had 18 zombie fodders at the time. If the odds of *success* can't be raised (which they really really should be), can we at *least* get less dodges? Pleaaaaaase? (For reference, I did get one successful zombification this time, although of a type I already have.)

Oh dodges - yeah - I had several of those. But I try and have plenty I can kill off :)

Hm actually must get some more now :)

Zombie hatchlings are simple enough, since it's not a lot of effort to let a bunch of hatchlings die off from running out of time a week or so before you try to revive them and just hang onto links to the codes.

Adult zombies are just awful, though. I admit they're a bitter subject for me personally. I'd be in favour of bumping up the odds of success but not by that much. They are, after all, supposed to be an accident. The kill rate for adults needs to be fixed, though. I like the idea mentioned of making a killing BSA, though in my mind it would be sort of like a Fertility but for killing. Gang up on one dragon to increase the odds of striking it down, something like that.

I would like it if adults wouldn't avoid so much. That gets annoying fast.

Increased odds of zombification, decreased chance of revives and dodges... I'm for anything to make zombies a little less of a headache and repeated failures after a month of waiting.

Oh, and more kill limits yes please. If I can hold more hatchlings and eggs with trophy levels, I should also be able to kill more of what I raise.

Edited by Nine