angelicdragonpuppy

Raise odds of successful zombification

I agree that making Zombies has been really boring and frustrating for the most part. For me, there's been no excitement or challenging aspect involved for a long time, it's more like: raise a bunch of dragons to adulthood and stash them (not really challenging, more like time-consuming and scroll-locking, lol), waste a bunch of slots to raise and kill hatchlings as well, and then go, "Oh come on, please, please, PLEASE, at least one this time?" Oh well, until next month...

It's honestly not even really rewarding in case of a success anymore, either. With so many types and stages and genders, a success feels more like "that's one out of many off the list, 30 to go", man, that's no fun at all :wacko: Why even release so many varieties - in a collecting game for heaven's sake - if no one can properly get them all?

Apart from some unobtainable Prizes plus new releases, since I've been playing for a while, lately Zombies have basically been one of the biggest "goals" and projects left in the game for me personally, and unlike many others, working on this one just feels tedious. So much hassle for barely any progress. It's healthy for a game to be challenging, but challenges need to be engaging and fun.

Dodges aside, I really think the chances absolutely need to be raised, tons of support from me like before. 

Edited by Tears in Rain

Honestly I’m starting to think individual zombies per body type was a bad idea. It’s neat on paper, and the sprites are lovely, but the necessity of having so many and needing to sprite a new one every time a new body type is introduced seems like a classic case of diminishing returns. Might’ve been better if they were just justified as a vampire type thing where the curse overrules the original body plan.

...But I digress. Where we are now, I agree with @Tears in Rain ; a turn isn’t exciting anymore, it’s a sigh of relief and a checked off box on my list. There’s just too many sprites and too low a rate of success for it to be satisfying. Most of the time I just look at all the things I pointlessly killed when I’d rather have kept them and sigh.

I like the different body types myself. Personally I feel the problem lies with low numbers for adult kills and chances, as these dont take into account the extra collectables, on top of each gravestone type.

Raising kills may help, but if chances are dismal it'll only help so much. Examples of why just lie in people who run several hatchies out of time still having silly low succsess rates.

I think maybe at least 10% increase in chance would be fair. To account for revival chances and extra collectables. I think the max chances are 30% on Halloween, but have no idea of what the day time, night time or 31st chances are.

I was lucky last halloween as I got 2 out of 5, some people got none. Makes me feel partially bad for succsesses I get XD

So in hope this gets more attention I'm going to post and say PLEASE increase the odds as well!

Even just making one turn guaranteed on every 31st would help.

And if raised odds in general are not going to happen for whatever reason, then how about varying odds?

This could happen e.g. by either splitting hatchlings and adults. Adult zombie fodder is more difficult to obtain and I guess it's more complicated to try to revive adult dragons, so the spell going wrong would happen more often?

Or in a way that rewards effort like how it was done for the GoN. So for example, the first time you successfully get a two-headed Eastern Zombie type, it would be easier to turn others of the same body-type.

I don't know if this has been suggested before but PLEASE, I'd just take anything that would make zombiefying a little less a chore and a little more rewarding.

In recent time my results have been:

3 zombies out of 78 tries. The 3rd of those is the last attempt so far that closes this count (If I didn't have a revivial on one of the adults, I wouldn't get that one zombie today because it turned fromm that extra Kill).

That's less than 4% of success rate... (and it must be taken into account that I never try during daytime!)

Lucky you. My last success was August 2018. Nothing even on Hallowee'n.

Before that January 2018.

I have killed dozens of dragons and never been lucky enough to even get 1 zombie dragon.  I would like to see the odds increased as well especially since there are so many more sprites to collect.  At the rate I am going I'll never get them all without at least a small increase in chances.