angelicdragonpuppy

Raise odds of successful zombification

Personally i'd just add a BSA for killing or more kill slots - or raise the rate on the 31st at night.

Even if you don't raise the rates, having only 5 chances to kill per few weeks (I do once a month on the 31st) sucks.

Edited by Robot Chimera

My latest tries

30/04/2017 - 0/28, this is ludacris, I'll get a full set of zombies by 2076

There should be a bsa that makes dragon half dead, making revive option possible, otherwise we'll never complete zombie sets, its rather frustrating, either a new bsa or simply raising kills to 14 per 2 weeks, as in kill a day...

Yes, please, do something. I only revive when zombies are showing and on months with a 31st I plan out to have 14 attempts ready to go on that day and I'm still having horrendous luck. Missing four adult sprites (or five, if the crimson flares aren't changed to their proper zombie type) and many, many, many hatchlings, and that's just for one of each, much less more >__<

Please raise the odds, it's getting kinda depressing raising all these poor dragons for slaughter and watching them turn to dust month after month. I get zombies are special, but they already are for plenty of reasons other than just rarity, and with them being untradeable it wouldn't really do any harm to raise the chances. Success rates could probably be completely doubled and still feel like a pleasant reward when you get one.

As an extra thought: the annoyingly high dodge rate of dragons could use some lowering, too. Zombies are already agony, but nothing adds salt to the wound like having all four of a certain sprite type I've collected dodge the kill on the 17th when I need to get ready for the 31st.

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

As an extra thought: the annoyingly high dodge rate of dragons could use some lowering, too. Zombies are already agony, but nothing adds salt to the wound like having all four of a certain sprite type I've collected dodge the kill on the 17th when I need to get ready for the 31st.

Yes, please. Having to make sure I have like 3x the amount of dragons available to kill is more than a little annoying. I know that dodging resets every day and that adults are hard to kill, which all makes cool RP-sense, but it isn't so gameplay friendly, honestly.

I agree. The chances of getting a zombie dragon are so low, and since I almost never see zombies on my scroll anyways it's almost not worth it. The sprites are lovely, I just wish they were visible at all times

I know this pitch was made in the past but I'd like to make it again.

Right now zombie making is very frustrating. There's 15 different sprite sets to collect with extremely low success rates even after midnight and on the 31st, an annoyingly high dodge rate, and 5 kills per two week limit. I've heard the odds aren't that great even on Halloween.

The end result is, I've been trying to get all zombie adults alone, to say nothing of hatchies, and despite trying consistently--always after midnight, on the 31st when they come--I've killed several dozen dragons pointlessly and still only have about 2/3rds of the adult sprites. Looking at the zombie success / fail thread, I'm not alone.

Please, please increase the odds? It'd be one thing if there was only one or two zombie sprites, but with 45 unique ones (all adult and hatchie forms) the current success rate is just awful. I'd suggest raising the odds over raising kill slots because raising them would just lead to more dragons dying pointlessly and more abuse potential by trolls.

I know this pitch was made in the past but I'd like to make it again.

Right now zombie making is very frustrating. There's 15 different sprite sets to collect with extremely low success rates even after midnight and on the 31st, an annoyingly high dodge rate, and 5 kills per two week limit. I've heard the odds aren't that great even on Halloween.

The end result is, I've been trying to get all zombie adults alone, to say nothing of hatchies, and despite trying consistently--always after midnight, on the 31st when they come--I've killed several dozen dragons pointlessly and still only have about 2/3rds of the adult sprites. Looking at the zombie success / fail thread, I'm not alone.

Please, please increase the odds? It'd be one thing if there was only one or two zombie sprites, but with 45 unique ones (all adult and hatchie forms) the current success rate is just awful. I'd suggest raising the odds over raising kill slots because raising them would just lead to more dragons dying pointlessly and more abuse potential by trolls.

As someone wanting to collect all the sprites, I agree. I've only had one successful zombie out of the seven years I've been here. And that was a deep sea dragon. I've tried over and over in the past and got nothing to show for it

Okay, I went ahead and just merged this since you're the OP of, from what I can tell, the same suggestion and the last post in this wasn't too long ago, nor is the OP that outdated. If you had a specific reason you created a new thread, PM me; I'll re-split and close the original thread.

Okay, I went ahead and just merged this since you're the OP of, from what I can tell, the same suggestion and the last post in this wasn't too long ago, nor is the OP that outdated. If you had a specific reason you created a new thread, PM me; I'll re-split and close the original thread.

Sorry Sock, I THOUGHT there was another thread, but searching "zombie" and even "zombi" (was looking for zombi-fication) only turned up a closed thread from a year ago, so I thought that was what I was remembering. Forum search is a horror. OTL Thanks for merging! <3

Yes, please increase the rate... I understand making gold/NDs rare because they can be traded but with Undeads you're completely restricted to your own experience... You can't help each other or anything. It would be great if they were more obtainable by some means. Sometimes I even worry that they're scaled against everyone else's success somehow (considering how drastically different everyone's experiences are/how every 31st seems different/how a lot of people feel like Halloweens are getting worse) ... even though we're all completely limited to our own experience.

Although I really like the idea of Undeads having a BSA to make more Undeads... that would be great.

Maybe to balance such a Zombie BSA, Curse wouldn't directly turn a dragon, but just increase the chances of the dragon becoming a Zombie?

Or perhaps instead, it only works on dead dragons (meaning you wouldn't have to look at your whole scroll to use the BSA) and directly revives them into Zombies (or not)?

Just thinking of ways to balance a Zombie BSA, since obviously we can't have 100% chances for Zombies...

Please can we have that? Even if it's only for Halloween? Pleeeeeeez????? tongue.gif

I would love to have a better chance of success. I haven't even gotten excited about all the new zombies because I can hardly hope to have them all. TBH I haven't even gotten all of the tombstones, yet! Having a better chance of success would inspire me to keep trying.

I wouldn't mind the rate staying as is if zombies got a bite BSA that could kill and turn a dragon with higher rates than revive. Maybe 10% / 25% / 50% / 75% for day / night / 31st / Halloween?

I guess I'm kind of resigned to the rates as they are at this point. xP I don't mind it because it gives me something to do between releases for the foreseeable future, rather than simply letting my scroll go idle. I raise hatchlings and fog them to death, and kill dragons every two weeks.

But I do see that to people who have other active scroll goals, the zombie situation would be quite daunting.

I wouldn't mind the rate staying as is if zombies got a bite BSA that could kill and turn a dragon with higher rates than revive. Maybe 10% / 25% / 50% / 75% for day / night / 31st / Halloween?

I like this idea^

Well, what if someone doesn't have a zombie? What would be the CD for this particular BSA?

I'm just curious as I only happen to have one zombie. One zombie out of 45 different sprites like you said? I don't see why the rates are very low as these things can not be traded. Undead dragons should have at least a 95% on Halloween due to this fact.

Well, what if someone doesn't have a zombie? What would be the CD for this particular BSA?

I'm just curious as I only happen to have one zombie. One zombie out of 45 different sprites like you said? I don't see why the rates are very low as these things can not be traded. Undead dragons should have at least a 95% on Halloween due to this fact.

You can still make zombies via the usual method, too. I imagine the cool down would be a month like vampires.

Zombie bite would be cool, even if it has damn loooong cooldown.

I agree that there should be some easing for Zombies, I'm for that BSA, but anything would be fine.

Please seconded...

Having combined NIGHT with 31ST I still got 2 out of 10, could be worse ofc but as for combining 2 rate increasers (do they even stack?) it's pretty low... and from the success thread one can say that I've been very lucky, people were getting less.

Edited by VixenDra

I just had 25 disintegrations (and one revive-as-normal, which is also a failure), even with the 31st of the month modifier. Despite the supposedly higher chances, I haven't gotten a zombie on the 31st since January. And now we have another set of sprites to collect with the Baikalas. I'd like to lend my support to this topic. Please raise the odds.

Wow, 25 disintegrations! And I thought my luck was bad having 4 disintegrations out of 4. :P I agree that the odds could be raised, especially since it's only for one day a month. I had a tonne of dragons dodge my kill as well. I wasn't counting, but it would have been at least 20. It's a bit frustrating so I definitely support this!

Support as well. I just had 1 revival and 11 disintegrations. Not a single zombie to show. With odds so low it's no fun anymore, especially with so many different types to collect. I'm actually awfully tempted to expunge every existing zombie on my scroll and just. stop. trying. -_-

On 31/07/2017 at 7:08 PM, VixenDra said:

as for combining 2 rate increasers (do they even stack?)

That would be good to know...