dustpuppy

Dark Lumina breeding theories

For those tallying such things for science!, I just picked up a Dark Lumina in the Forest a couple of minutes ago (after the 9:35pm DC time 5-minute drop, but only just).

[ETA: d'oh! Code is 'LRI5h']

Edited by schmupti

I just entered an egg that I caught at 5 PM today. Are the new moon phases valid for that time frame?That's what I entered, but I wasn't sure when they started. The egg is http://dragcave.net/lineage/Epfy8 Okay. Got it.

Edited by purplehaze

Note! Phase change has occured today!

From the Time Reference Page:

Please use these as the current phases from 8:00 PM 8/30/2016 to 7:59 PM 9/03/2016.

Thank you!

For today 8/30/2016, the phases were Waxing Crescent for Aurax and Waning Gibbous for Cirion from 12:00 AM to 7:59 PM DC time. The phases changed to Waxing Crescent for Aurax and Waning Crescent for Cirion at 8:00 PM DC time today

- So any eggs caught and bred before and at 7:59 pm were born under these phases: Waxing Crescent/Waning Gibbous.

- Any eggs born at and after 8:00 pm were born under these phase: Waxing Crescent/Waning Crescent.

Does that makes sense?

I understand why we're doing it for tracking purposes, but has a mod okay'd adding egg codes for ones sighted but not caught? This may come under 'don't link things you don't own'.... ninja.gif

I understand why we're doing it for tracking purposes, but has a mod okay'd adding egg codes for ones sighted but not caught? This may come under 'don't link things you don't own'.... ninja.gif

Does it count if it's on the spreadsheet and not the actual forum?

But, I don't know honestly. I said that because I thought we might get more recording of eggs in the cave that way. Because, on the spreadsheet, there are a lot of caught Dark Luminas, and no caught Luminas, but people have reported seeing Luminas in the cave, but not necessarily catching them.

I figure they could put the egg they saw on to spreadsheet as long as they linked the code, as so to prevent multiple posting of the same egg (Or at least, that way I could take out the multiple copies).

There are actually some postings here on the thread of caught and bred eggs that never make it to the spreadsheet, because I don't have the time or energy to screen and cross check the thread for any eggs posted on the thread and not the spreadsheet.

So, complete tracking is a bit of a problem...

I've gone a little on a tangent. Sorry about that.

Confirming darks have dropped in past two hours. Caught one, missed a few.

I am sorry I haven't done much with the spreadsheet since it's hard for me to update it on phone, but I will just keep posting relevant info in thread itself to aid others in catching/breeding, if not for tracking purpose.

Just caught two almost in a row, and this is after barely seeing them all day while hunting times! (I think I saw one total in the time it took to grab three Aeons). Time was roughly 3:19 AM cave time and one was Coast other Desert.

Seems like some type of night or moon shift is definitely a factor, methinks! Perhaps someone better at this than myself can create a graph showing how many were caught at various hours / moon phases, and a line graph that combines both statistics? With something like that we wouldn't need normal lumina data to see a trend, presumably.

Regarding codes of eggs you don't own: change caps, make them all lowercase?

I just caught a regular Lumina in the volcano, 06:08 AM. Entered it into the spreadsheet but I'm not sure if I'm going to keep it.

Edit: And just now (06:20 AM -ish) I accidentally refreshed over two Dark Luminas in the Alpine, so at least it appears that both dark and regular Lumina can drop at the same time.

Edited by Ripan

Interesting suggestion. I'll try that for eggs I don't own or plan to gift.

BTW, some people have been posting view links (aka egg spam) instead of lineage links - don't do that!

Do the Dark Luminas start dropping when we start to get Chocolate err Bronze Lunar Heralds?

Edited by Tigerkralle

Do the Dark Luminas start dropping when we start to get Chocolate err Bronze Lunar Heralds?

Apparently not. People reported catching them after the phases changed.

Huh. I still don't see a pattern, although there seem to be different drop rates according to the time of day (and possibly other factors).

ETA: Maybe there is no strict on/off mechanism, but just a change in probability?

Edited by walkinslow

Just got a Dark Lumina in the Alpine 7:56AM VZSqb

Has anyone asked Corteo if he'll give us more info on them now?

Edited by Ayelldee

Given that olympe and I caught a Light Lumina (Volcano) and a Dark Lumina (Forest) at very nearly the same instant.... (5 min apart at most), its clear that during yesterday's day time phase, you can catch them both.

I'd suggest paying particular attention to trying to catch Light and Dark at the same time during this phase...

Have people been *breeding* Light Luminas?

Cheers!

C4.

I've just caught two in the space of 10 minutes in the Forest.

well, that's wonderful, those of us who sleep at night cave time , won't be able to catch them sad.gif

well, that's wonderful, those of us who sleep at night cave time , won't be able to catch them sad.gif

NOT true. I caught two Darks yesterday at noon-ish Cave time, and olympe caught a Light at about the same time.

Whatever the science is, its NOT day / night, or at least.... you can still get both during the day / night at some point in the lunar cycle.

Cheers!

C4.

I just got home from work, and it's 9:30 am cave time and I'm still seeing a bunch of them. Only caught one so far, but I've only been home for two 5 min drops.'

Edity: ninja.gif 'd

Caught dark Lumina @ 9:30 am, Forest

" " @ 9:35 am, Coast

" " @ 9:45 am, Alpine

" " @ 10:10 am, Coast

" " @ 11:40 am, Coast and Desert

Edited by Gryphonic

Just caught 2 Dark Luminas. This page: https://dragcave.net/help/time says it is day in Valkemare.

It is day. The sun is rising.

Summer

Aurax (Golden moon) Waxing crescent

Cirion (Blue moon) Waning crescent

Edited by Ruby Eyes

This morning I picked up two Dark Luminas

10:05 In the Desert z9csg

10:44 In the Jungle yu5hk

what if the code is all lower case? and even if not, the new code might exist and be of someone else's egg O:

By now I think it's completely random...

ninja.gif

But will they keep falling all the time now or go in a pattern again?

well, that's  wonderful, those of us who sleep at night cave time , won't  be able to catch them  sad.gif

I'm in the UK. I was just in from work at around 10.30 am UK time.

ETA: Also, I wasn't bragging, just reporting having them like others have done.

Edited by quinney

Just snagged another Forest Dark Lumina, and hunting for a light to go wtih it. Not having any luck, though. ANyone seeing a Light right now?

Adding it to the spreadsheet.

C4.