dustpuppy

Dark Lumina breeding theories

Yes, I tried to breed a Dark Lumina once, and failed right off the bat. Nr. 15 on the spreadsheet.

Edited by Felixr2

Has ANYONE bred a Light Lumina since Darks were released? I mean, at all?

Cheers!

C4.

Yes, actually.

user posted image

- Another Preliminary Lumina Eggs by Date Chart.

- General Totals are in grey columns.

- Dark Lumina Counts are cool colored lines with squares.

- Lumina Counts are warm colored lines with triangles.

There was a surge in normal Lumina Breeding from 8/26-8/29, and the hadn't appeared in breeding since.

- As for catching, the was only one caught Lumina recorded on the 31st of August, but none else. Not that they weren't dropping. People just weren't catching them.

Just now 11:03 PM Mountain Time - caught 2 Luminas in the Forest (Light Luminas?  Regular?)

Adding this to the doc, because no new additions again.

By the way, just add 2 hours to Mountain time to get Dragon Cave/Eastern Time.

just happened

female Lumina X male Albino = Dark Lumina egg

female Lumina X male waterhorse = Dark Lumina egg

do the light colored version of Dark Lumina come from the Dark Lumina egg also?

What time did you breed these exactly? You can check on the Action Page to find out.

I ask because I want to add these to the Doc.

--

Also, The phase changed at 8 pm today! Phase are now:

MOON PHASES

AURAX (GOLDEN MOON) Waxing gibbous

CIRION (BLUE MOON) Waxing gibbous

Please these phase to post on the doc if eggs were bred and/or caught after 8 PM DC time today.

Seen eggs, cave times, changed codes.

(9/7)

r86j2 - light in forest @ 11:19PM (accidentally caught, will AP)

sxeuv - dark in forest @ 11:21PM

(9/8)

wjrw3 - dark in alpine @ 12AM

im90c - light in volcano @ 12:44AM

So far all my dark luminaXblack pairings have come out with dark lumina, but I don't know that mana has to do with it, because my turpentineXdark lumina pairing came out with a lumina. Added these to the speadsheet since I'm up at an odd hour.

I just bred 12 Luminas with various other breeds. Got 9 Dark Lumina eggs, 2 no interest and 1 refusal. I will add these to the spreadsheet later -- am on my way out the door right now.

Edit - Finally got them entered. I sure hope it helps.

Edited by purplehaze

I guess I haven't been paying enough attention to such things and I have no idea where to find information on mana to enter in the form for the parents of the eggs I bred.

I guess I haven't been paying enough attention to such things and I have no idea where to find information on mana to enter in the form for the parents of the eggs I bred.

Encyclopedia page, at the top for each breed, where it says the elemental affinity.

If you need the groups as well, they're here: https://dragcave.net/dragonopedia/elements

Edited by Ruby Eyes

Haven't seen any DLs today but I did just see a light Lumina in the Volcano @ 4:45PM WQTIL (code all capped).

I don't think I've seen a Luminae (light lumina) egg from my various hatchings since release, or if it happened, it was so rare I didn't notice. But if breeding ratios are not in line with cave ratios (I forget what the thing is with that, please don't turn this into a ratio argument), it could just be the CB Biome catches are aligned with the moon or whatnot, and the breeding may still need to be coming into line with something else.

IDK.

Reg Lumina in Volcano at 3:43 am. 2gs5p (caps changed)

Edit: reg Lumina in Desert at 10:03 am. ct53o

Edited by Gryphonic

I have browsed the biomes several times between Sep 08, 2016 ~10:30 pm EDT and Sep 09, 2016 ~03:40 am EDT and I have not seen a Dark Lumina egg.

I saw one regular Lumina egg in the volcano just a few minutes ago and it has already been grabbed by a player.

I bred a Dark Lumina egg just a few minutes ago.

I will be logging these two in the spreadsheet in a bit.

//Edit: It looks like Gryphonic and I saw the same Lumina egg. ^^

Edited by Natevaelle

Just saw a light Lumina in the Volcano at 3:10PM, code ~Removed; please mess with caps if you are posting an egg that is not on your scroll~. No DLs seen.

DL in Desert at 5:23PM code messed with HDQWH

Edited by Ayelldee

Dark Lumina sighted in Coast at 5:40 am, code amfrs (altered)

Reg Lumina sighted in Alpine at 5:50 am, code 7czky ( " )

Sep 10, 2016, 09:38 am - Bred regular lumina (from dark lumina parents)

Sep 10, 2016, 09:46 am - Bred dark lumina (from dark lumina parents)

Edit: I put the information into the spread sheet

Edited by Laura-Lana

It looks like Luminae are in town again.

Though, breeding Dark Luminae hasn't dropped off. I think Cave Drops and Breeding really are separate.

Anyway, I COME WITH CHARTS. Hopefully, less messy charts.

--

Here is the Luminae Count relative to Date:

user posted image

- This is only TOTAL Lumina and Dark Lumina count. No distinction between Catch and Bred Eggs. I can post separate charts for that though.

- Looks like Luminae change every 7 days? Maybe. Maybe it's a weekly change? Idk

- We may need a couple more weeks to go buy before we can really say anything. The Post-release surge is still affecting them.

--

Here is the Lumina Count relative to the Moon Phases:

user posted image

- Though I have a feeling we will need a couple complete Lunar Cycles to happen before we really can say the Lunar Phases affect the eggs. The Post-release surge is still affecting them.

--

Here is the Lumina Count relative to Time of Day (by Percentage):

user posted image

- I think we can safetly say (with the addition of more Catch Lumina) that Time of Day (Day or Night) has NO EFFECT on Lumina Breeding or Dropping.

- All the bars are relatively close to the Total Eggs Bar. So, I think it's settled.

--

And lastly, A NEW CHART! Here is the Lumina Count relative to the Parent Biome:

user posted image

- This only affects Bred eggs.

- This is also by percentage. It had less data to crunch.

- I don't think there is much effect either. Except for maybe Cave eggs, but I'm not sure. They all seem overwhelming Dark Luminae Egg predominant.

- Maybe it's just easier to get Dark Luminae through breeding? Is that what this means?

- How much is this due to the Post-Release Surge?

*shurgs*

Any more eggs for today?

Edited by Shokomon

Sometime in the next week I will try breeding my lumina hoard. I'm interested to see the kinds of eggs 400ish luminas will produce.

Sometime in the next week I will try breeding my lumina hoard.  I'm interested to see the kinds of eggs 400ish luminas will produce.

Wow! Four hundred?!!! That's a whole lot! Are you really going to breed them all next week???

Maybe you could spread it out over several weeks? Like 25 to 50 a week or so? Getting data on to the sheet has been difficult at times.

I would be eternally grateful if you could give us a constant source of data for a while.

Speaking of which, any more eggs for today?

--

It looks like Luminae are in town again.

Though, breeding Dark Luminae hasn't dropped off. I think Cave Drops and Breeding really are separate.

Anyway, I COME WITH CHARTS. Hopefully, less messy charts.

--

Here is the Luminae Count relative to Date:

user posted image

- This is only TOTAL Lumina and Dark Lumina count. No distinction between Catch and Bred Eggs. I can post separate charts for that though.

- Looks like Luminae change every 7 days? Maybe. Maybe it's a weekly change? Idk

- We may need a couple more weeks to go buy before we can really say anything. The Post-release surge is still affecting them.

--

Here is the Lumina Count relative to the Moon Phases:

user posted image

- Though I have a feeling we will need a couple complete Lunar Cycles to happen before we really can say the Lunar Phases affect the eggs. The Post-release surge is still affecting them.

--

Here is the Lumina Count relative to Time of Day (by Percentage):

user posted image

- I think we can safetly say (with the addition of more Catch Lumina) that Time of Day (Day or Night) has NO EFFECT on Lumina Breeding or Dropping.

- All the bars are relatively close to the Total Eggs Bar. So, I think it's settled.

--

And lastly, A NEW CHART! Here is the Lumina Count relative to the Parent Biome:

user posted image

- This only affects Bred eggs.

- This is also by percentage. It had less data to crunch.

- I don't think there is much effect either. Except for maybe Cave eggs, but I'm not sure. They all seem overwhelming Dark Luminae Egg predominant.

- Maybe it's just easier to get Dark Luminae through breeding? Is that what this means?

- How much is this due to the Post-Release Surge?

*shurgs*

Any more eggs for today?

Also, any comments on the charts?

Seen eggs, cave times, changed codes.

(9/7)

r86j2 - light in forest @ 11:19PM (accidentally caught, will AP)

sxeuv - dark in forest @ 11:21PM

(9/8)

wjrw3 - dark in alpine @ 12AM

im90c - light in volcano @ 12:44AM

Haven't seen any DLs today but I did just see a light Lumina in the Volcano @ 4:45PM WQTIL (code all capped).

Reg Lumina in Volcano at 3:43 am.  2gs5p (caps changed)

Edit: reg Lumina in Desert at 10:03 am.  ct53o

Just saw a light Lumina in the Volcano at 3:10PM, code ~Removed; please mess with caps if you are posting an egg that is not on your scroll~. No DLs seen.

DL in Desert at 5:23PM code messed with HDQWH

Light Lumina spotted at 11:55 cave time in the desert. Code QUPBL(all capped)

Dark Lumina sighted in Coast at 5:40 am, code amfrs (altered)

Reg Lumina sighted in Alpine at 5:50 am, code 7czky ( " )

Light Lumina spotted in Jungle 3:45PM QSYWZ (messed with)

Sightings with Codes Added to the Spreadsheet to increase the amount of data.

Wow! Four hundred?!!! That's a whole lot! Are you really going to breed them all next week???

Maybe you could spread it out over several weeks? Like 25 to 50 a week or so? Getting data on to the sheet has been difficult at times.

I would be eternally grateful if you could give us a constant source of data for a while.

I am a Lumina hoarder afterall. I would be happy to breed them at a slower rate because that makes my life easier. Is there a spreadsheet I can record my data on because keeping track of 400 breeding is not easy.

Also I just caught a normal lumina in the coast at 7:29pm EST

Edited by thomasgold19