dustpuppy

Dark Lumina breeding theories

What do you think of our progress?

Are we thinking too hard?

I think you guys are doing a good job.

Can someone please clarify what the plural for of lumina is: Luminas, or Luminae?

The correct plural is Luminae, I'm just too lazy to remember.

Congratulations! You have subscribed to DarkLuminaFacts®

The eggs of Dark Luminae are heavier than Light Luminae.

Please press 1+# for more DarkLuminaFacts®. Press 2+# to unsubscribe.

Edited by Corteo

I just caught 5 Dark Luminae in various biomes. There were more, but I ran out of scroll space...

Looking at the spreadsheet, I'd say that the type of Lumina we get depends solely on the phase of Aurax, with a small chance to get the "wrong" type of Lumina for the phase. A bit of randomness, maybe?

It also seems like the total number of Lumina eggs we get might depend on Aurax' phase, but I'd rather wait before claiming this as fact.

Any one want to help screen the thread for eggs not yet posted to the spreadsheet (provided they have links)?

I need help.

Edit: *presses 1+#*

Edit2: Do we have confirmation that Dark Lumina have Dark mana Affinity? I saw someone put that in the spreadsheet. I know they breed Avatars of Destruction, but that's not solid proof.

Edited by Shokomon

If it's any help, I just picked up two Dark Luminae from the Forest and saw another in the Coast.

It'd be neat if they followed moon phases. Then the Lunar Heralds will have some buddies right

1+#

Everyone keeps talking about being unable to find these guys in the day.

I'm waiting for them to get picked up so I can grab something I want. sad.gif

this just happened at 9:11am CDT

user posted image

and looks like they're still dropping in the cave...

user posted image

Edited by alphadaykeeper

Just saw 1 DL in Desert, 2 in Forest and 1 in Volcano - so they really are still out there.

They are massively dropping right now in all Biomes~

+1#

Edited by WoLfgIrLyS

I caught easily again today. These are my favourite ones of the release.

Does this 1+# thing actually get you any info or is it like TJ's fun and fake egg?

I'm most happily locked with DLs right now.

A king by the name of Andreas once tried to make a Dark Lumina dragon into an ornament of his court and a play thing. The Dark Lumina promptly tore him apart, much to the joy of the kings successor. Some speculate that the successor bribed the Dark Lumina with a flock of sheep.

A group of Dark Lumina is called a "Stáya" while a group of Light Lumina is called a "Tabún"

Very interesting! (As a Russian speaker, I am tickled to get the connotations of each. I never would've thought of a tabun of dragons, but I rather love the mental image smile.gifsmile.gif )

Very interesting! (As a Russian speaker, I am tickled to get the connotations of each. I never would've thought of a tabun of dragons, but I rather love the mental image smile.gifsmile.gif )

I'm glad that someone got it! I like the mental images too.

Something like a flock of dark luminae and a herd of light luminae? (limited Googling skills)

Edit: Oh, like wolves! That's neat. On Valkemare, there's likely a specific word for that in multiple languages. ohmy.gif

Edited by dirtytabs

Not just flock because you also use the word for wolves - it has multiple translations to English. But it's not so important because that's the meaning in our world.

Just caught three Dark Luminae within one minute.

Guess theit appearance indeed does depend on certain requirements.

I also just caught 3 CB Dark Luminas, 3:46PM server time, one from the Coast, one from the Forest, and one from the Volcano.

Did the moon phases just change? I don't really pay much attention to them, but it feels like something shifted.

Are Dark Luminae confirmed to be Dark Mana affiliated or not?

I'll have to change them all to N/A if that isn't proven to be true.

Definitely dropping like crazy right now, I managed to snag five of them with relative ease and I'm still seeing a lot of drops.

EDIT: IRL today is the start of the New Moon cycle, so maybe it has something to do with that?

Edited by WingedWhiteTiger