dustpuppy

Dark Lumina breeding theories

So it's possible that the bred and cave ratios are still connected? If that's the case then maybe people should cool down on breeding them for like a couple of days and pick up some cave blockers (like if you have 3 empty spaces on your scroll and you have time to kill and not really any scroll goals that you're working on you can pick up 3 blockers abandon them after 5 hours and rinse and repeat)

If a large enough group of users did that then it's possible we could see a change in the cb dark luminas. If that doesn't do anything then I think it would be more likely that these are tied in relation to the moon and should start dropping again in about 3 days when it's the new moon

Given that we don't know how many bred eggs = 1 cave egg (probably varies based on number of in-cave users at any given time), I'm not sure we could reach "large enough" with just the forum users who would be willing to change their gameplay in that manner.

Still hoping the pattern is something that can be observed in both bred and CB luminas. *crosses fingers*

Well, I'm already consciously not breeding my Luminas, FWIW tongue.gif! Although I have no idea how we're meant to figure out any "pattern" if no one breeds 'em. rolleyes.gif I'm just hoping that the Darks phase back into the cave at some point; in the meantime, I'm doing my best to collect the other August breeds.

So it's possible that the bred and cave ratios are still connected? If that's the case then maybe people should cool down on breeding them for like a couple of days and pick up some cave blockers (like if you have 3 empty spaces on your scroll and you have time to kill and not really any scroll goals that you're working on you can pick up 3 blockers abandon them after 5 hours and rinse and repeat)

If a large enough group of users did that then it's possible we could see a change in the cb dark luminas. If that doesn't do anything then I think it would be more likely that these are tied in relation to the moon and should start dropping again in about 3 days when it's the new moon

Its not only possible but almost certainly the case. TJ's post was addressing a *bug* in which there wasn't a link between the odds of breeding a certain egg and something else (forget specifics).... and that there should have been such a link.

Every time I read that post, I come away with "Cave and Breeding are linked". Maybe Sock can find the relevant post....? Its from either 2011 or 2013, I always forget which.

As for user-base causing change in the ratios.... it takes *thousands* of eggs to create a temporary shift in the ratios in the short term. For a longer term affect, it takes many thousands of eggs collected of a blocker for a significant period of time (think months) to make a noticeable change.

What may be happening with Dark Luminas is that they are pulling off of or linked in with Light Lumina's *already established* ratios. What happens is, when a new common breed is released.... its super-dominant in breeding for many months, and they tend to stay pretty dominant in breeding over the older breeds even after they level out more. But if Darks are pulling off of the same ratios as Lights, then they will *act* like a breed which is common but many, many years old.... and breed sorta poorly with new-releases (like GoN!). I remember someone got an Avatar almost right after they got adults, and for a normal common that's unheard of, it usually takes 2 or 3 months before the first Avatars start turning up.

Breeding to Candelabra, I got 3 Candelabras, 5 Dark Luminas, 1 no interest and 1 refusal. Which is interesting, because that's not as dominant as I'd expect with a brand new breed. On the other hand, if the Darks were all off of Light Lumina's ratios I'd have expected all Candelabras. Its quite a pretty combo so..... http://dragcave.net/lineage/RYbi4

Long story short:

- Us affecting the ratios of Dark Luminas in a few days is not possible, it takes much longer at very high egg volume to have a noticeable affect.

- Dark Luminas may be linked in somehow with Light Lumina's ratios, since the Darks aren't acting like a brand new breed, breeding wise, but aren't acting like an oldster like Light Luminas. We may have to wait another month or three for the ratios to steady out more.

Cheers!

C4.

Edited by cyradis4

Its not only possible but almost certainly the case. TJ's post was addressing a *bug* in which there wasn't a link between the odds of breeding a certain egg and something else (forget specifics).... and that there should have been such a link.

Every time I read that post, I come away with "Cave and Breeding are linked". Maybe Sock can find the relevant post....? Its from either 2011 or 2013, I always forget which.

This what you're thinking of?

https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showt...0entry7088278

As I said in the other thread, ratios for bred and cb dragons used to not be tied together, but that caused a big problem because the site still saw them as the same breed. The result was that you essentially never saw certain breeds in the cave. Blacks, stripes, golds and silvers were particularly affected. TJ essentially was left with no choice but to tie breeding into it so they would drop.

The only way I can see divorcing breeding from cave ratios would be if they were coded to be essentially two different breeds. I don't know how practical that is though.

That was the case of breeding success not being tied to the population manager, but breeding output was. In that, the site didn't stop you from breeding an overpopulated breed, but those eggs were counted towards the overall population, which continued to stay overpopulated (even though the site was making fewer CB's to try to keep things in balance).

So it wasn't that they were separate, it's that breeding success was unaffected by population.

Does anyone save the spreadsheet regularly? There's been trouble with public spreadsheets before.

I saved a copy of the sheet! Thanks for the heads up!

People are posting that they are breeding, but only some of them are making it on to the spreadsheet.

Please state if you have, will, or haven't added the breeding to the spread sheet.

I wonder if we should start going though the thread and adding posted breeding to the doc.

I wonder how long we have to track this before things settle down to a recognizable pattern.

I wonder if we are thinking too hard about this.

Saw a light lumina about 10m ago, just caught a dark in the volcano. Added to the spreadsheet.

Saw a light lumina about 10m ago, just caught a dark in the volcano. Added to the spreadsheet.

You caught a cb dark lumina in the volcano?

The problem with people adding "seen" Luminas in the cave, is the danger of that multiple people will see the same egg in the cave and add it to the spreadsheet multiple times.

If you are going to include an egg you SAW and Did NOT Catch, please add the code to the lineage section. It does no good for the spreadsheet if the same egg pops up multiple times.

I meant that I added the one I caught to the spreadsheet, not the one I saw. Apologies.

It's all good. I just wanted to make sure that people were aware.

Just caught a CB Dark Lumina in the Alpine and added it to the spreadsheet.

Oh I guess I should mention that on august 27 I bred dark lumina x tsunami and got a tsunami egg

http://dragcave.net/progeny/qMrrn they look nice together

They do look nice!

Oh by the way, don't post lineage links to eggs you don't actually own. Use progeny instead (I fixed it in the quote).

A bit late I suppose, but I bred a lumina from two dark luminas on 8/27/16 (don't remember the time, sorry) and caught a dark lumina in the coastal biome today at 1:30 pm. Where's the spreadsheet everyone is referring to?

A bit late I suppose, but I bred a lumina from two dark luminas on 8/27/16 (don't remember the time, sorry) and caught a dark lumina in the coastal biome today at 1:30 pm. Where's the spreadsheet everyone is referring to?

You can find the spreadsheet on the first page of the thread.

However, if you don't remember when you bred your dragons, you can always check your action log page. The date and time should be recorded there.

Edit: If you don't feel like searching: Google Spreadsheet

Edited by Shokomon

I think they are dropping again, maybe they're slowly increasing in number. I caught 2 eggs in two consecutive 5 min drops. I was actually hunting for time eggs and gaia and incidentally found them.

I've added them to list but I don't remember when I caught them because I fell asleep right after.I'll need to backtrack their catching hour based on current time left.

https://dragcave.net/lineage/iAmGA

https://dragcave.net/lineage/0Q7u6

I am pretty sure these were not the last of DS that dropped, since 1 was dropping in these biomes per 5 mins.

Edited by Amaterasu-sama

Just caught a CB Dark Lumina in the Volcano. Since I plan to trade it, I'm not going to put it in the Spread Sheet. Sorry! :/

I just caught 4 Dark Luminas in different biomes within 15 minutes of each other. Times were 08:51 AM, 08:55 AM (two eggs within the same minute), and 09:05 AM. They have been put in the spreadsheet.

I also saw one or two more of them that I missed, so maybe they're coming back now.

Edited by Ripan

I caught a Dark Lumina in the Desert at 8:35 am cave time. I added it to the spreadsheet.

Caught a Dark Lumina in the Volcano at 9:20 AM Cave Time. Added to the spreadsheet.

I just saw a Dark Lumina in the Coast biome. Sadly, I couldn't catch it, so I won't add its code to the spreadsheet. But they're dropping!

ETA: And at 5 PM cave time I bred a DL from 2 CB DL parents (egg is currently fogged, but I'll add it to the spreadsheet).

Edited by walkinslow