Mistress of Whispers

How do you Freeze

A discussion about Freezing.

Do you have criteria for hatchings you freeze? Messy lineages, pretty lineages, only home-bred eggs?

Do you collect frozen hatchlings specifically, or do you want them as scroll markers?

Or anything else you want to discuss about freezing smile.gif.

A discussion about Freezing.

Do you have criteria for hatchings you freeze? Messy lineages, pretty lineages, only home-bred eggs?

Do you collect frozen hatchlings specifically, or do you want them as scroll markers?

Or anything else you want to discuss about freezing smile.gif.

For my scroll goals I freeze CBs, unless they're breed-only breed, in which case I tend to freeze messier lineages. They don't tend to come from my scroll because I don't breed messy lineages myself if I can help it. rolleyes.gif I also often freeze hatchies that have thwarted me in some way - usually by failing to alt or be the right colour. And I have a collection of messy hatchies I use as scroll markers to help me keep track of things. Bit of everything, I guess! tongue.gif

Not at all - I don't like freezing and will never do it to any dragon. tongue.gif

Edited by Gluria

I only freeze home-bred things. All of my dragons are life-mated (if they are bred, I also have many bachelors), and I try to complete their families by having one or two frozen hatchlings from each pair.

I've always been a fan of freezing. Hatchlings often have such adorable sprites I just need to have them on my scroll. I hope one day we can freeze eggs so my collections can be completed. I've never thought of it as cruel or mean so I was pretty surprised to find out that some do (although I can understand that point of view).

In the past I froze whatever hatchlings (including CB holidays... even after the limit was raised...) and that's left me with a lot of regret now that I know about lineages. Luckily I was terrible at catching eggs and didn't put any actual effort into it so it could be a lot worse!

These days I try to only freeze messy lineages or eggs I've bred myself regardless of lineage. I breed a lot of eggs just to freeze, even nice ones, because I like the parents. Sometimes I'll freeze CBs if I desperately need space but I try to keep CB freezing limited to unbreedables.

I don't do "scroll markers" or anything like that because hand sorting is terrible and I hate it, haha. In theory it would be nice and I'd love to do it but its just way too much work for me personally.

I tend to only freeze messies or Holiday/Holiday offspring these days, although I used to freeze without regard for lineage. Other than that I just freeze hatchling sprites i'm missing in my collection and sprites that i think are really cute. :>

Mostly messies or misgenders. I've frozen low time AP finds with good lineages just because I needed the frozen Sprite, though. I like frozens. They are so cute!

I freeze mostly messy stuff I find because I really like freezing, but I do it as sort of a collection thing too. I freeze some species more than others because I like their sprite / acquire a lot of them, such as blacks and shadow walkers.

I actually try not to breed my own messy eggs for freezing. I like finding new blood for my scroll haha.

I don't freeze much, the only frozen things on my scroll are a Bright Pink hatchie I froze when they were being retired and a White hatchie that I honestly don't remember why I froze it, I'm sure it made sense at the time.

I only freeze messies or CB commons. It makes me so sad when people freeze CB rares... sure, you can do whatever you want, but seeing them sitting around doing nothing but be scroll decorations seems like wasted potential, especially when so many people try so hard for years to get some to breed. I've also seen people rub their CB rare freezing habits in other people's faces to remind them it's "just a game,", which sure seems like superiority-fueled maliciousness disguised as piety to me.

I usually freeze two copies of each S2 sprite. I never used to collect S1s, because when I first started playing (seven years ago!) they were all really boring and pretty much just S2s minus wings, and I didn't want near-duplicate sprites clogging up scroll spaces. I kinda regret it now that we have so many cute, distinct S1s around, but I'm OCD and knowing I could never add in Frill and Old Pink S1s at this point has hindered my thought process.

I don't use scroll markers, but someone mentioned how much Angallis S1s look like tiny jade statues and now I'm tempted. I think Mistletoe S1s look like cute little dragons rampant, too! Anddd S1 Albinos and Grays are really cute... ah... if no way to better organize our scrolls is ever added, I might just give in ;A;

I only freeze messies, no matter the breed. About the only time I would freeze a CB of any sort is either I needed the room(I HATE to abandon hatchlings), or I really wanted that particular dragon frozen and have had a hard time finding messies.

In fact, about the only time I won't freeze a messy is if it is one of the two breeds I am hoarding(frostbites and greenwings). Otherwise, if I catch a messy it will be frozen, no matter the rarity.

Edited by Nectaris

I don't tend to freeze much. I never used to, but then some of the hatchies were just too cute not to. Some breeds I actually like the hatchies better. Albinos aren't a favorite of mine, but the S2 hatchie is so cute... I usually just freeze inbreds or messy lineages, personally, though I don't really remember what I've done in the past.

I only ever freeze extreme commons (or what used to be common at the time) from the AP, starting when I learned that the cave creates more commons to balance things. Probably started all the way back with frills, actually. I don't do any hatchie sprite collecting regardless of how cute they are or any scroll marker things with them; instead they're almost all in one big jumbled up army in the middle of my scroll. Lineage doesn't matter, although I prefer messies and sometimes avoid nice lines.

Incave I've justified it as the caretaker dragons taking in abandoned eggs and hatchies and having to freeze most to avoid anyone going hungry as adults, and the frozens becoming self sufficient by experience. I've even got a name for the army and its leader and personalities for some random hatchlings, like that unfortunate s1 who will never be able to fly but does get rides from some adults. They're almost like a mini cave of their own except way more chaotic (hence their name The Wild Cave tongue.gif)

I currently have *checks* over a thousand frozens right now, which is a little over a fourth of my total population. Wow.

If I catch a hatchling in the AP that is messy or gendered incorrectly, I freeze it. Mostly don't freeze otherwise.

I freeze hatchies mostly for my scroll completion goals (to collect as many sprites as possible), sometimes for markers too. I almost never freeze CB's or nicely lineaged dragons, but rather messies and inbreds, AP finds that nobody would really mind if they're frozen. smile.gif

I Freeze Hatchlings for Scroll-Goals. 1 M, 1 F and 1 S1 Hatchlings for each Breed.

Sometimes I Freeze if I need Scroll space and the Hatchling isn't anything special. I'd rather Freeze than Abandon. Then again I do Gift more than Freeze.

Anything messy, or if it's a low-time egg I pick up during holidays I typically freeze it. I only freeze what I get from the AP though.

Edited by Clya

I freeze:

- Random regular black hatchies in the AP

- Messies

- Any low time, ER eggs, sometimes regardless of lineage (other than really good ones xd.png)

- The occasional stripe hatchie

I freeze based on cuteness, really. I'm currently collecting an army of Bleeding Moon hatchies because I think they are the cutest hatchies out there, and I also really like the winter seasonal hatchies. I know a lot of people care about lineages but I never have, so I normally don't look at the lineages before freezing (other then to put a CB marker in their name, I do that).