voltage

government escape?

Volt quickly pulled her back down into his lap his arms wrapped around her softly "don't you ever get lonely?" He lay his chin on her head softly as he wanted to keep her close to him, his nose picking up the scent of her hair as well as her skin. He wrapped them both in his wings as he relaxed trying his best to keep her close.

Julia had fallen asleep as soon as her head touched the pillow. She slept for quite a while possibly even six hours which was really unusual for her. She woke up with a deep red blush on her cheeks as she stood on wobbly legs. She shook her head as she mumbled to herself in elven abot her dream and curious why it felt so real. She softly touched the skin of her neck and sighed as she got dressed in a skirt as well as a nice purple shirt her hair still messy as she walked downstairs. She sat on the couch with her chin resting in her hand as she looked into space mumbling "ash, where are you, are you really not even based on anyone?"

Edited by voltage

Kya looked down at her feet. "I always am." She mutters but relaxed in his arms with a sigh. "but I'm getting hungry and it's getting late. It's not good to walk around in the dark"

The demon slipped down the stairs in a clatter. He sighed almost wistfully and simply lay on the stairs. "I had a glorious nap did you?" He asked lightly looking at the ceiling with a deep sigh. "I rarely have good dreams." He said in another sigh frowning slightly as he wondered why he got up in the first place and his rumbling stomach answered his brief ponderings. "Dreamed I was flying.... although I feel like I can and flew for miles..." He groaned as he got up from the steps and moved to make dinner of vegetarian sushi.

Volt sighed as he rested his head gently on hers."alright, if you have to i was hoping you could maybe stay the night but i don't have any food here."

Julia huffed as she looked away from him "i had a nightmare but luckily someone helped me, unlike a certain someone said they would this elven guy barely spoke a word before he saved me, he just did it." She looked away in a pout and mumbled about how hot he was to herself ignoring the demon somewhat as she was lost in her own thoughts.

Kya chewed on her lip. "um.... I think I brought something for you. It isn't much, but it's a meal I made..." she flushed and squirmed getting uncomfortable again, trying to escape from his arms.

"Perhaps you were plagued by nightmares for so long that your mind came up with someone who reminds you of a selfless act someone did for you." He pondered thoughtfully as he rolled the sushi.

Julia mumbled a small "yeah right, it never happened before." She got up and walked outside, she listened to nature as she walked. She found a clearing where a waterfall goes into a pig pond, sitting next to it she closed her eyes and called out trying to see ash again though she doubted she would. She had her feet slightly in the water with her shoes and socks beside her.

Volt giggled as she tried to wiggle away, he let her for now but watched her every move. He wanted to cuddle up to her more but decided to let her have space.

Zaphus had followed her and growled lowly as his breath frosted the chill in the air. "Are you trying to get yourself sick? It's freezing out here! It's still winter you know, and you're not Kya who can stand this weather!" He lifted her out of the water in a huff and with his tail around her shoes he walked to the crystal cavern letting her sit by the clear waters edge, the water was warm, but not hot. He then moved and took his place on the crystal throne making the fragments ring by tapping his claws on the "arm rests".

Kya pulled out honey bread, some cream and chocolate for hot cocoa, a half dozen sugar cookies with sprinkles and... chicken. It looked like the KFC drumsticks and thighs packed in a large tubaware bowl, and by the fog along the plastic, they are still warm.

Julia huffed as she was lifted up and moved to the cavern. She sighed "i am fine, why did you follow me zaphus." She put her feet in the warm water and closed her eyes softly listening to the crystals as she sat there.

Volt smiled as he began eating the chicken first slowly enjoying it. He didn't eat all of them only a few of them, offering the rest to kya to let her have some food along with him. He hummed a soft soothing melody to himself.

"Is it a crime to be concerned for the well being of a guest in my home?" He asked with a flick of his tail, his eyes glowing as he watched her. "If you got sick because I let you be alone for a while, I'll feel bad. I know I have lots of herbal plants but you might get sick enough to need medical attention. If that would happen, the government would find you and kill you. I won't let that happen. Not on my watch." He said softly as he tapped out a song with his claws and tail, making them ring different tunes seeing how she enjoys it. "tell me about this dream you had. Did you talk to this.... character? My kind knows a thing or two about dreams and can interpret them. Perhaps..... I can help you see if this someone is purely fantasy or based on fact."

Kya ate only two drumsticks, and a cookie leaving the rest for him later as she made the hot cocoa. She mixed the hot cream and chocolate together and handed him a cup of the sweet drink.

Julia sighed "no it is not a crime..i guess i understand why you are concerned but most of the medicine they have comes from plants, if you didn't have the herb i would know which flower to find. as far as talking we did do some, his name was ash he was a sexy elven man he was kind and sweet and when he talked.." She kind of stared into space and shivered thinking about him. the music he had made tapping out intrigued her as she copied it with her humming.

Volt smiled softly taking the cup and sipping the sweet drink. He let out a small happy sigh, his eyes half closed at the sensation. He looked over at kya and his tail wrapped around his waist "thank you for this."

Zaphus tilted his head amusement dancing in his eyes although he carefully kept it from his voice. "Ash.. common name, elves have traditionally named their children after nature. I suppose you expect to see him again later tonight when you sleep, but dreams don't work like that. If your mind sensed trouble, it would call him and he'd appear, but he won't come on a good dream. Although... things are different for others so you never know. But it seems that you have taken to this elf..." He didn't hide his obvious amusement in his voice at the last few words he had looking up at the ceiling humming a tune a few bars before coughing to cover the fact he had started to hum a strange song.... the same tune Julia hummed and stopped his claws and tail to cease the ringing.

"You're very welcome. It gets me out of that stuffy house and although he doesn't see it, I can tell that big clumsy bafoon is quite affectionate towards the elf. She's good for him though, he seems more open with her after a few days of being around her then he was with me for two months. Takes a beauty to calm the beast I guess... not that Z is a beast! Oh no! Just an expression..." She panicked and waved one hand around, talking with her hands.

Julia nodded though she seemed sad "i know, i want to see more of him badly and i often have nightmares but..what if he doesn't come again? he cared for me and he spoke like he knew me which i guess he did but i don't know anyone else like that." She heard him start tapping something that sounded familiar and she looked at him "what was that? that noise your song that you made, it sounded familiar..what was the rest of it?"

Volt smiled " i noticed it slightly as well, he seemed less uptight than before. Our species is a beast of sorts we both are Z as you call him and i are both beasts, but not all beasts have to be mindless and do harmful things." He walked over to her with his hot coco still in hand, he wrapped a wing around her "don't worry i understand."

Zaphus coughed slightly. "I uh.... forgot the rest of it. I only know a little bit of it. An old song mother sang before I hatched I guess. I don't quite remember..." He said softly looking away from her studying the cracks in the crystal next to him.

Kya looked offended at him saying that. "Just because you're demons does not mean you are beasts! What the humans are doing to supernatural people is ruthless and cruelty and beastly! Both of you have good hearts, and you might not be angels, but you can't help how you are born, but you can decide who you are! Don't ever say that around me never ever.." She almost turned childish poking his nose as she glared at him with her yellowish silver eyes narrowed in warning.

Julia tilted her head looking at him before walking up to him and crouching beside him studying his ears and facial features carefully. She tugged on his ear, "your mother was an elve? that tune is an elvish thing and i'm not sure i remember singing it before this, it sounded like you knew it before." she sighed and sat beside him still studying him.

Volt sighed "like i said we were born as something usually seen as that, it doesn't mean that we are ones our races usually are is what i was saying we are the only ones to be different, we are the ones that try and not be beasts. I am agreeing with you and i won't say it again.." He wiggled his nose and sat down looking at her.

Zaphus flushed when she walked close to him and shifted in his chair as far as she could away from her. His slender pointed ears had holes, kinda like the gages kids wore these days, but instead of the lobe there were three two inch holes one after another in the upper ear on both sides. His face did have the cheek bones, nose, and eye shape of an elf, it was faint enough to make him look exotic. "I don't know. As soon as I hatched mom picked she up with a screech and dropped me off at my dad's, breaking a wing..." He said softly turning away from her.

"Good, because I don't want to hear it! I'm almost finished with a pair of your pants, I make all of my clothes from soft material so they shouldn't bother you much. Kya looked at him shyly.

Julia softly grabbed his face between her gentle hands so that she could take in all his features to make sure she could have a good chance at figuring out if he was elven. She smiled softly as she noticed all his elven features though they weren't too noticeable she could see it in him."you definitely have some elven in you, it is faint but i can definitely tell. I won't hurt you, i know you are not use to people touching you but trust me."

Volt softly pulled her down into his lap and chuckled softly "don't be all shy now after bopping me on the nose and standing up to me." He lay her head back against his chest and sighed happily.

Zaphus didn't pull away. He didn't want to pull away. He studied her own features, eyes lingering on her lips and ears, flushing more when remembering what he his powers could do, and her fashion with this "ash". "I trust you......" He looked at her more then jerked away looking away from her. "I don't know who would have it. My mom pierced my ears when I hatched. Never saw her face. Not all demons are in eggs, just... the powerful ones." He said softly, in a wisper as if he was afraid of breaking the trust between them. His tail curls around her waist three times over like a belt and the end wrapped once loosely around her leg. An uncontrolled movement, but one that proved his trust of her closeness.

Kya shivers again as his masculine scent washed over her, but she snuggled down in his chest with a sigh listening to his heart beat. "It's kinda hard not to when you look.. and smell.. like you do..." She flushed pink once more for the umpteenth time tonight.

Julia smiled as she could tell he was taking in her pointed ears, her soft red lips along with the rest of her elven features. She put her head on his chest when he looked away "it could be your mother, maybe your mothers mother, i can't know for sure by looking at you. you may be a powerful demon but to me you are just you, no matter what your race is you will always just be yourself." She gently placed her hand on his tail where it wrapped around her leg as she continued listening to his heart.

Volts heartbeat was calming, slow and steady as he played in her hair. "i can't really control that though, sometimes i wish i could control it though so i didn't wind up hurting people." He looked down at the floor of the cave thinking back to all the times it had been an annoyance.

Zaphus pulled her into his lap and pulled out a basket. "I spent time making dinner, not can we enjoy it here? I had this in my wing... it was getting uncomfortable for me." he purred softly holding her against him.

Kya hummed and with a sigh she was asleep.

((Skip?))

Julia smiled as she snuggled back against him with a small nod "alright we can eat." She spoke softly as she closed her eyes relaxing.

((sure.))

A lot can happen in two weeks. Kya was able to snag a little one story home with two bedrooms and one bath in town. She had effectively made the clothes as soon as she had a sewing machine at her disposal. Currently she was in the little kitchen making home made chicken parmesan for her and volt. His jewelry was completed too. She hummed and she worked in the tiny kitchen area.

Zaphus grew closer to Julia getting used to her random touches, and would often even brush against her sometimes. He seemed amused as she went around in the mornings about this ash who had appeared in every dream she'd had. He'd ask her what they talked about and normally it was mundane things. Other times she wouldn't say although he knew they spoke about deeper things, like the fire and other things. Zaphus nearly slipped up a few times but caught himself and covered it quickly. He sat in a chair near the fire reading, caramel on his lap.

Volt smiled he was happy as can be, he had new clothes a job and kya was making him home made food. He walked up behind her though since he was always silent and tried to sneak up on her she had put a bell on his tail cuff, he could get rid of it anytime by taking the tail cuff off but he didn't want to do that. the bell rung though slightly as he was trying extra hard to be quiet so he could sneak up and wrap around her to see her wiggle and to see what that delicious smell was.

Julia smiled whirling around again as she sat across from zaphus "he is just so caring and we talk about all sorts of things and he listens. He was there again last night, he is there more frequently lately it's like he knows how badly i want to see him, even though the dream wasn't that bad he still showed up." She called for caramel and offered him a piece of her lunch in a very cheery mood, she was happy now that she had someone she loved though it seemed silly to her. "Zaphus, is having a crush on someone who doesn't exist silly or stupid? i feel like i know him and want to know him more and have him be around more often."

"Don't even try it. I don't have the patience for your antics today. Now get out of the kitchen it's too small for the both of us." She waved a whisk at him and shot him a sliver eyed glare over her shoulder. "why are you bugging me? You need something?"

Zaphus watched as his cat meandered over to her and took the morsel of food from her fingers. Zaphus peered over his book at her softly. "Perhaps..... never mind.... it isn't silly, but I still think this Ash is based on someone you know...." He said with a certain tenderness that wasn't like him at all.

Volt huffed as he backed out of the kitchen his bell ringing as his tail swished from side to side. " i was just trying to get to the food." He spoke softly telling half of the truth, though he still wanted to wrap her up in a hug. "you aren't in the mood? what is wrong?"

Julia softly pet caramel behind her ears watching zaphus "maybe..you don't sound like yourself when we talk about this you seem, different. Is there someone you had a crush on that doesn't seem real or seems unattainable or something? is that why you are acting like you are?"

Edited by voltage

"I'm just not. I'm stressed and upset and I just feel like I don't want to be touched now." She huffed and put the chicken in the oven and went to the living room.

"Maybe, little rabbit. But I control my dreams. I highly doubt anyone can enter mine..." He purrs as he moved to put the book back and put on a record of moonlight saga by beethoven humming the tune as he waited for the little nickname ash had for her in her dreams to sink in. It was about time she knew. He looked at her through the corner of his eye to gauge her reaction.

Volt followed her and sat beside her, he didn't touch her but kept close to her. He began humming a tune that his ex hummed to him ewhen he was upset. It was a calming and gentle tune that always helped volt relax, as he hummed he played with the necklace.

Julia was only half paying attention until she realised what she called her. Vines came in through the windows forcing them open, they pulled him close to her as she stared into his eyes "you are ash? Why didn't you tell me?" She spoke softly she wasn't upset but very curious as to why he would hide it."