voltage

government escape?

Volt sighed softly as she went back to rubbing his neck, his tail re wrapped itself around her waist as he listened intently to her. He looked back at her giving a small nod "ok kya thank you, i really don't let people close usually...but thank you for not hurting me yet and thank you for the help with my horns as well as making food." He was relaxing and his head lulled slightly as he relaxed more and more "i'm not that adorable, you still are more adorable than i am."

Julia stopped talking as they reached the house, she opened it and walked in going straight upstairs with her backpack. She set her bag in her room before walking to the stairs up to zaphus's room and clearing her throat hoping she can take the sadness from her voice not wanting to make him afraid or feel like she is pitying him or that she was hurt. She spoke softly and calmly "zaphus i need to speak with you if you can hear me come here."

Kya blushed. "Oh please. I made a meal for everyone. I'm not dangerous at all, okay, Zaphus taught me how to use a knife, but I only carry one in the cities." she planted a soft kiss on his head between his horns. "Thank you for that complement. " She said before sitting down in the other chair quietly to eat.

A a sniffle, and a shuffle scrape like he was getting up. His footsteps made the floor boards creek as he went to his door and opened it a crack. The normally posh and clean demon looked slightly bedraggled. His hair mused and tangled, his feathers ruffled on his wings. His white irises stood out with his red and puffy eyes like he'd been crying hard. His right hand was cut across the palm and hurriedly wrapped in linen. He avoided eye contact with her looking dejected and attempting to cover it. "What is it? He spoke in a horse whisper.

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

Julia kept her expression mostly blank though she was still slightly sad and afraid of losing him she tried to not show it. She gave him the paper, it was rolled up neatly and she handed it to him. She sighed softly "i forgive you zaphus take this as a token of forgiveness." Handing him the painting she quickly walked to her room. once in her room she was trying her hardest not to cry so she just silently put her head in the pillow, seeing him hurt and so disgruntled hurt her heart and she couldn't understand why. Her door was closed and she decided she would just stay in her room for a while to calm down.

Volt looked around the table after she had kissed his head and sat "well it looks like everyone includes you, me, and maybe caramel so not too much of a difference there. you are welcome for the compliment especially since it is true." He was a quick eater having his bowl about halfway gone before she even sat down in the other chair. He let his tail sway behind him relaxing around kya slightly as he stretched in the chair. He unbuttoned his shirt until only one button at the top kept it on him.He began rubbing his bare skinned belly/abs in a motion that showed he was getting full, "this is delicious kya, you cook a lot?"

Edited by voltage

Zaphus unrolled the canvas with light claws as she left. Carefully he set it down someplace safe before slipping out of his room and hesitantly made the trip to her room before stopping at the door and shuffling awkwardly. He could be herd taking several deep breaths before lightly tapping on her door with a single claw. A moment of silence, another shuffle and a tap this time a little stronger.

After a fit of coughing and nearly choking on a bit of rice Kya made a sound that could have been a "Yes" or an "eek" . Turning from her normal yellowed ivory skin tone, to rose, then pink, and lastly to scarlet as he unbuttoned his shirt to rub his belly. She promptly turned in her chair facing the wall attempting to ignore the (incrediblyfreakinggorgeouslysexyincubus) demon behind her and focus on eating her meal without choking again.

Julia heard the tap the first time but was unable to confront him at the moment. She got up and moved so her hair was slightly in her eyes covering the fact that they were red and slightly puffy.She opened the door slowly as she kept looking at the floor not sure what to say, she spoke softly "i am not hungry, i know it is lunch time but i really do not feel that hungry."

Volt noticed her reaction and gave a soft smile as he decided not to play with her too much yet, he could save it for later "oh yeah, zaphus did say something about keeping my shirt on, i hate wearing it but oh well." He slowly re buttoned his shirt looking up at her to see her turned away "what's wrong kya you were choking did you forget to chew your food and just try to swallow it whole?" He stood up and fixed her chair so she could eat at the table and not sideways. He put a hand on her head gently "try not to choke again alright? i would hate to see a beautiful girl like you die so soon in her life especially because of a piece of broccoli." He gave a kjnowing smile as he walked to the fridge and opened it looking around "does he have any thing other than water to drink, where's the milk or pepsi or anything."

Zaphus said nothing. Instead a slight pressure was on her shoulder as he lay one hand on it and the other around her side in a very awkward hug. Another deep breath as though he was stealing himself, he pulled her against him and wrapped his arms around her. Lowering his head he whispers in her ear: "Thank you." his voice raw like he was going to cry again. His arms tightens around her and his tail and wings folded around them. "....and I forgive you. " me murmurs even softer in the beautiful language of the Fae.

Kya, still scarlet, managed to clone out a sentence. "Goat milk, keeps longer and more useful was all she managed to say before stuffing her face with rice so it was too full to talk.

julia let out a small sigh of relief as he lay his hand on her, when he pulled her close she let her hands barely touch his back in a hug though not wanting him to feel trapped her hands barely touched so he could back out very easily. She squeaked softly as he spoke in her native tongue she looked up at him speaking in fae as well "when did you learn to speak fae and thank you as well." Her voice was soft and elegant , more so than usual as the words floated from her mouth in beautiful strings as they fell upon anyone who was listening's ears though mostly aimed for zaphus to hear.

Volt smiled as he found a glass and poured the goat milk in it taking a sip, finding that it wasn't bad he sat down across from kya and closed his eyes relaxing for a moment "i am curious, where exactly do you live you haven't been around here and as far as i know you don't live here though i can't be sure of that, i myself am still trying to work on finding a new home so far zaphus has provided me with shelter, i would live here but i can't be myself there's that other girl here and though i am ok around you she bothers me i feel like she would stab me in my sleep plus i like chicken it is the only meat i like but i eat it twice a week if i can."

Zaphus purred lightly pulling away. "I met a Fae soul when I was young. She didn't do enough good in her long life, but not anything really evil either. So, she was stuck outside the gates of Hell. She taught me different languages she knew, and she knew many. Fae was one of them." his accent was heavy, but rich sounding, it somehow made him..... less frightening.

She got up and cleaned the dishes. "I can help you find a place in the little town, but ...... I really don't have a home I guess. Not that it's bad, but I sleep in my offices mostly and travel often so setting up permanent residence seems more of a hindrance. I prefer salmon, sushi and caviar, but I just have class like that."

Julia smiled and let him pull away tilting her head as she looked up at zaphus. She smiled as she nodded "well that seems to be a sad story, i'm sorry that you had to be a part of that and it sounds aweful that even though nothing truly bad was done by her she was sent down to hell, i am glad that you learned fae though it makes it easier for me to speak." She continued speaking in her native language her silky voice calming and soft, "did you like the painting i made for you?"

Volt smiled as he nodded " i would really like having a place with electricity and maybe you could stay at my house, i'm not good with cooking, i burn everything and i'm sure a room to yourself with a bed and actually having a shower and kitchen would be slightly better than living in your office wouldn't it? Plus it would be closer to zaphus and in a nice small town so it would be less likely to be searched, the government knows you are friends with him and will probably try and find you as well as a last resort, to get him out of hiding or to find this place."

Zaphus just purred more and nodded. Speaking in English he cupped a wing behind her back. "Why don't we go eat now then I can show you my other two green houses. One has normal flowers for my shop.... the other are the more...." He points a talon to the strange vibrant flowers lightly glowing still on her bedside table. "Intriguing"

"As tempting that offer is, the government is exactly why I don't have a permanent place. They know I stay up here as a traditional thing for my original home was in a city, and Zaphus took me away from their to the large city about 200 miles south of here to start anew. And if they couldn't locate me anyway, it would be considered suspicious and I'd be detained and put on high watch where I couldn't slip away so easily. I know what to do. So when everything settled down I'd likely take up that offer. I make a mean Cajun chicken... I grew up in New Orleans, home of the hottest foods 'round. Walking down main street, you can smell it in the air!" she laughed and started to dry the bowls.

Volt smiled softly as he listened to her speaking. He nodded understanding what she meant, it would be more suspicious if they couldn't find her. He smiled as he helped put their bowls away taking another sip of his drink. He saw julia coming down the stairs and shifted uncomfortably his tail flicking from side to side as he spoke in a whisper "i would enjoy that, also i would like to try the cajun chicken."

Julia nodded as she reached for his hand though she stopped and just started leading the way down the stairs " i really would like to see the flowers that seem more exotic." She softly brushed her hair out of her face and walked down the steps going towards the kitchen looking back at zaphus "come on slow poke."

Kya smiled and murmurs back. "I'd bring some from my restaurant in the city later this week then." She spoke up. "I'd have those clothes finished by Friday. I think I get the idea of where you're staying so I'll bring them over then. It was nice talking with you Volt." She gave him a look. She made it so it wouldn't be so awkward if he just left so she gave him a way out that way he wasn't uncomfortable the entire time.

Zaphus followed her slowly, watching her movements carefully. When he reached the kitchen he looks from volt to Kya and back a frown wrinkling his forehead for a moment before taking a bowl and eating the rice, onions and mushroom mix. "the weeds get a little more..... prickly on that kind. I have gloves if you want to help clean up the beds a bit."

Volt silently mouthed a thank you as he tilted his head he gently put a hand on her shoulder leaning in close "you know where the cave zaphus gave me to stay in is? i still would like the massage a little later alright?" He had spoken very quietly trying to not be overheard , after saying what he needed to he yawned stretching as he walked towards the door "i think i am going to go rest for a little bit, i'll see you another time." He let his wings unfold and with a powerful push off of the ground he took to the sky, the quickest way to get to the cave he was in as far as he knew.

Julia saw the frown and looked at zaphus "is something wrong?" She spoke softly and as volt left she looked between the two a light bulb going off in her head "do demons not get along is that why you seemed upset?" She sat down eating her rice, onion and mushroom mixture slowly as she did not want to get a stomach ache. "i would be more than happy to help in any way that i can, if you will allow it that is." Julia's ears twitched as she ate listening to all the sounds around her. from their breathing to the slight movements of zaphus's tail or the small sound of the spoon picking up the soup, she enjoyed the small sounds of the two others in the home feeling relaxed.

Kya gave a slight nod and waved him off before heading upstairs. In her room she got out the materials and started cutting and measuring and pinning the seems of volt's clothes as something to do before she headed over to give him the promised back rub.

Zaphus remains silent for a moment before speaking when Kya went upstairs. "Its hard for Kya to feel comfortable around strange men.... it concerns me.... then again I am a father figure to her. I guess it is to be expected." He finished and cleaned his dish waiting for her to be done before heading outside to the back left green house. The first half was where be bred flowers for strange color variations. Most where roses that had impossible colors. As he wove threw the bushes they came to the first one altered by demon blood. A snow white rose with blood red tips. Then more ethereal looking roses.

Some where tulips but mostly roses. "Roses adapt easily and can grow back many times. The more they grow back the stranger they seem." He waved to a bush with dark speckled buds where a few looked like a dark sky with stars spread across them. Another next to it the vains in the rose glowed a violet black color against the white near clear pedals of the flowers.

Volt Reached the cave he was given and took his shirt off immediately as he walked in, starting a fire as well as getting the candles lit. he stretched out on the ground his tail wrapped around his waist as he looked at the hall leading to the hot springs "maybe i should take a bath and try to relax myself a little before kya comes over."

Julia shrugged as she finished eating her lunch "he seems nice enough though he seems to be afraid of me for some reason." She was in stunned silence as she looked at all the different roses her hands lightly brushing across the pedals of the roses avoiding the thorns.

Kya sewed and worked by hand, a sewing machine took up a lot of electricity so she did most of it by hand when at Zaphus's home. It didn't bother her any. It kept her busy for the long boring days. She did try to teach the demon embroidery but his claws couldn't hold onto the slick, tiny needle and his claws tore at the stitches and fabric. After she hemmed up a pant leg, it had taken her an hour so she changed into shorts to move better in and a looser shirt and headed to a cave with a narrow tunnel that lead directly up to drez's place, before walking down the Rocky ramp to the entrance of volt's cave. She walked in a little bit until she saw the glow of the fire and candles. "Knockity knock! I'm here....." She brought a basket with some lotions and a few things he'd need to take care of his horns and claws.

Zaphus watched her with a purr, his own eyes glowing like the flowers. He handed her a pair of thick leather gloves that would go up to her elbows. "These would protect you from the thorns. I'd get the weeds on the inside of the plants, you get ones like this on the outside." He pointed to one of those prickly leaf weeds, it looks normal enough, but the leaves greener, almost too green, and the stem was pure black. He leaned in bare handed and plucked things from the tangled up bushes some white stems, most where black or pure green with blood red thorns. He got scratched, but the wounds healed fast and the blood dripped on the soil. He didn't wince or even notice the scratches, only when the linen on his cut palm came off did he yank back with a hiss.

Volt had walked into the hot spring and began slowly washing himself to make sure to keep himself clean. He was relaxing when he had heard her enter with the knock knock of her voice. He got up out of the water glad to be out of the water as his fingers had started shriveling. He got a towel putting it on, it had to be low on his hips to allow his tail room to move around. Volt walked out into the main part of the cave smiling softly at her, his tail swayed from side to side as his hands were in his hair getting knots out of it as he walked up until he was only a few feet away from her. "hello kya, you came to give me my back rub? well i am glad to see you. where should i lay?"

Julia put the gloves on humming as she plucked the weeds from the flowers scolding them quietly as if they were children telling them that they couldn't grow there as it would harm the flowers. She continued to make sure that the weeds were being put somewhere where they would not start growing again. When she heard him hiss she looked over at him "are you alright? Do you need any help?"

Kya made a strangled "hurk" sound. Quickly ripping her eyes off the sight of all that muscly tanned- giving her head a sharp shake she waved to a low lounger to the side of the cave. "There would be fine" her voice was an octave higher than normal. When he turned his back to head over there she mounted several curse words running her fingers through her blues grey locks. Taking a deep breath she barely breathed at all as she went over to him and rubbed lotion on her hands before working on the tender wing muscles first on both wings. Biting her lip she began on his upper back and shoulders.

Zaphus looked at his hand shaking his head at the first question, nodding at the other. He wordlessly pointed to a metal cabinet near the back of the greenhouse. The gash made previously, had a shard of glass too deep for him to pluck out without widening the gap. It wouldn't stop bleeding until it was taken out and it was clearly hurting him. He looked near tears once more, looking like a child with a bad silver then a bit of glass wedged in his palm.

Volt nodded silently walking over to the lounger and laying down on it his wings spread slightly to give her access to his wings. When he felt her soft hands on his wings he let out a soft sigh, though it turned into a low moan as she started working the tension out of his back. His tail swayed more fast paced from side to side as he kept his head buried in the lounger. She could barely make out the scars on his back but could tell that his back was sensitive, he let out more happy moans and other noises appreciating that she was being gentle with the massaging.

Julia walked to the cabinet in the back opening it as she looked at him "come here and tel me what i need to get and what i can do to help then." She spoke softly though slightly urgent to make sure that she could help him as quick as possible. She had the cabinet open and stood with her hands on her hips watching him.

Kya's lip started to bleed from clamping down on it to keep from whimpering. Her knees shook but she locked them up to stop it and prayed he wouldn't feel her fingers shaking as she rubbed under his wing. Once or twice she for distracted and started lightly tracing the scars mesmerized, before starting back up on rubbing and working the tension from his muscles. When she started to lightly rub scented oils on his back, she made a mistake of breathing to deeply and swooned a little attempting (and failing) to swallow the whimper that came with it. Her teeth dug in her lip again and now she had two cuts on her lower lip.

Zaphus was taken aback by her soft yet motherly instructions and starred at her for a moment before getting up and crossing over to her pointing to a low shelf while his tail simultaneously lifted out what looked like a long rectangular metal lunch box. "F-First aid kit... everything is in there. Could you get out the glass and clean it up... please?" He said softly.

Volt relaxed feeling her fingers shaking but not really making a big deal about it as he let out small mewling noises as she started tracing his scars to get her back to massaging his back. He was in heaven his wings retracting and extending slightly as his tail wrapped around her waist not wanting her to move. When he heard her slight whimper he looked up at her and blushed softly seeing her biting her lip. Volt licked his lips almost instinctively as he looked at her lips his eyes were slightly glazed over with pleasure. He uncurled his tail from around her and rolled so he was on his back , he used his hands to make sure the towel stayed shut and covering him "can you do my chest too?"

Julia took the box opening it and getting out tweezers some peroxide as well as more bandages. She ran outside quickly coming back with a stick putting it between his teeth "it may not be the most pain you have had but just in case." She went to work she used the tweezers sharp point to open the cut open a little more, just enough so that she could get the glass with the tweezers it was slow going and she couldn't go fast in case the glass broke. She finally got the glass out and used the peroxide as well as a few antiseptic wipes to clean the wound. She wrapped his hand up tight and tisked softly "this is why you don't go breaking stuff, if you keep breaking stuff your going to get in a lot of trouble."

Oh, by the moon goddess! She can tell he was toying with her. "I only promised to do the back..." she managed to whimper out her body trembling hiding her face in the lose strands of her blueish purple hair as she chewed nervously on her lower lip carefully avoiding eye contact with him. In truth it was easier to do the back because he couldn't see her reactions. Swallowing hard, she took a deep breath through her mouth to steel her nerves before rubbing more lotion on her hands and worked on his upper arms first before moving towards the chest. Secretly, she didn't want to leave. She enjoyed the demon's company (it doesn't hurt that he's totally eye candy) and he was the first man that accepted the fact she considered herself as a woman despite what her birth certificate said, and hadn't been disgusted or avoided her.

It was nice for a change. What is that?... Her fingers crossed over the bullet scar on his chest and she outlined the shape of it lightly.

It didn't take long for the twig to break from the pressure of his jaws clamping down on it. In fact it snapped when she was prying the wound open. When the peroxide went on he dropped the stick and his tail spiked out and lashed as he bit down on his diamond hard talon so stop from crying out. He trembled as she wrapped up his hand and lightly chided him. "I'm ...sorry... but I.. can't stand to see myself in the mirror....." the shard was a piece of mirror glass.

His eyes immediately drooped to little more than slits as she began working on his chest. He let out small mewls and he chewed on his lip as she relaxed him completely. Volt softly grabbed her hand moving it to keep her going "just bullet wound scar, its the newest so please don't focus on it for too long." He spoke softly he knew a couple of human languages from times where people wanted him to visit their home, he tried to think of an accent that would get to kya unsure. "thank you for deciding to help with my chest as well " He copied an Irish accent because that was the easiest, he was in Ireland for a long time and enjoyed every moment.

Julia sighed as she softly poked his nose "you should not be afraid of who you are? you are handsome and though you may think you are a monster you are not, you know feeling bad for yourself is not good for your health, why even have a mirror if you are just going to break it?" she sounded more hurt than angry but before he could do anything she stepped between him and the exit "caramel told me some things about you though not much and before you ask i'm not sure if i am crazy or not which is why it is best if you just sit and let me take care of the plants so those bandages don't come off, talk to me too if you run off to your room again i will follow you this time." She spoke calmly though it was matter of factly said there was no threat or a possibility, it would happen. She mumbled to herself "if the mouse wants to hide in its hole i'll just have to go in with it."

Kya touched his necklace and looked at the scar with a knowing look and sad eyes before continuing on with her work, her saddened state calming her. "I understand." she whispers before he spoke with the accent causing her to whip her face towards his with a look of pure confusion and irritation. She replied letting her southern accent slip through. "I didn't like the Irish accent." it was all she said as she bit her lip to focus and continued to massage him.

Zaphus seemed to shrink by curling up. For the first time, his ear tips actually showed. They looked much like a elves only his had three holes punctured in them like old wounds. They were tipped red as he cast her a glance, having moved to run out but she barred his way. "Kya said to try to look at myself.... but I upset you.... so I couldn't. I felt... dirty... wrong... twisted... It sickened me." He said softly as if he'd startle himself if he spoke to loud. His head ducked lower and ears went pinker as he mulled over her words and one thing she said stuck out to him. "You think.....I'm.......h.....handsome?" He breathed very softly in her mother tongue, watching her through his hair.

Volt looked away and looked down "sorry i just..i'm not sure why i did it really, i know many accents i have been in many places. I am glad that you understand." Volt smiled softly as he let his eyes meet hers, the massage causing him to chew his lower lip slightly as he met her eyes. His towel seemed to be slipping with his tail twitching so he grabbed the towel adjusting it back into place as his tail wrapped around his waist.

Julia gently as if not to frighten him let a hand rest on his head, she spoke in fae to him as well "yes you are very handsome i believe you are the most handsome guy i have met, you may have scars and may be shy and think yourself a monster but you are not a monster in my eyes, you are handsome to me. you do not sicken me, i have spoke to many people and was actually thinking of psychology before i found my power but answer me this "was it really you that you saw in that mirror. were you disgusted by yourself or was it something else."