voltage

government escape?

Volt walked in slowly looking around as he did. He had washed u and groomed himself making sure that his claws were well maintained, he had his long hair as straight as he could get it making sure it wasn't knotted and that it was clean. His black pants looked more like skinny jeans and were under his tail (like the pants in his picture) as to not suffocate his tail since there was no hole cut in them. He had his necklace over his scar and his wings flexed slightly though he wouldnt't open them fully. His wings were cleaned and well taken care of keeping his look up almost without effort since he was so use to doing these thongs. He fixed his eyes on the food as his stomache rumbled, he looked back to zaphus and shrugged "i was wondering if there is anything you need help with and i got lonely so i figured i would come see you." His eyes flicked to julia every once in a while tensing slightly as he took his shirt off not having to worry about the cold when inside.

Julia stopd seeing as it was just volt and she walked into the kitchen smiling at the rolls that had been made for breakfast. She sat down at the table with a roll and strawberry jam as strawberries were her favorite. She picked up the roll in her dainty hamds and with amall bites started to eat breakfast her eyes shining at the first bite a small high pitched sound emitted from her as she enjoyed the first bite. She let her feet swing under her chair and the table as ashe looked between the two shirtless demons a slight blush on her face as she noticed that the demons were the only two she met and they always seemed shirtless and muscular as if showing off, she looked at zaphus "do all demons go around shirtless showing off to everyone?"

Zaphus flushed and covered himself with his wings. "If it is improper or makes you uncomfortable I have some ponchos and scarves I can have on... I don't wear them for its uncomfortable with my wings and the materials and buttons pop off with my claws... I don't know why he does it, but before Kya comes please put the shirt back on. She gets nervous around other demons she doesn't know. " he looks at the floor then at the door expecting her to knock.

Julia giggled as she listened to volt who put his shirt back on mumbling how they were uncomfortable and how he has already met kya. Julia went over to zaphus giggling as she poked his nose "i understand, i wont force you yet just whenever i decide to make you take me shopping." She giggled softly as she watched his reaction. She put her plate in the sink before looking at the door "can you sense her or something? "

Zaphus turned scarlet. "No.. j-just she has a way of making-" the door banged open and a woman in a tee shirt with monokoke as red riding hood on it and skinny jeans with purple converse shoes marched on in followed by drez shivering and in a fur parka holding a little cat that jumped out of his arms and tan to Zaphus as soon as he was inside. "I'm hoooome! " she sang as drez closed the door. "An entrance" Zaphus muttered catching the cat as she jumped in his arms. "It's thirty degrees outside with a wind chill making it twenty five.... you Kya are insane." drez said as he moved to the fire.

"I am not! Zaph! Are you blushing...oh! OH! Hi!" she breezed around the small room squinting at Zaphus before seeing the tiny girl at the sink behind him. "Well aren't you the prettiest elf I've seen! And your hair, I just looove the color! And it's so soft... you have got to let me play with it! I can do all sorts of styles! And I can fix these outdated things for you. I made them myself and I have more materials, I'd love to fashion a wardrobe for you!" She rambled touching Julia's hair and hands and looked at her like she was talking mental measurements of her body.

"Julia, my daughter Kya, Kya this is Julia. I got her off the island." "how wonderful! You know I've been trying to get him hooked up with someone for a while now..." she paused as Zaphus nearly choked and sputtered on the water he was drinking and ended up in a coughing fit for a moment. "Hes just so shy and such a gentleman...of course I think volt, who looks like the statue of David dipped in caramel, could probably give him some pointers... could you?" she turned her silver yellow eyes to look at volt with a little pout. Zaphus... disappeared in a whisp of shadow. "Oh dear... I think I might have overwhelmed him. I can give him his gifts later then..." she grinned broadly.

Julia giggled when kya walked in to the home. She giggled smiling brightly at kya as she giggled nodding as she listened. "yes that would be great i would enjoy a new wardrobe and i'm not that good when it comes to fashion so having help would be appreciated." She blushed a deep red as kya mentioned about them getting hooked up. As kya mentioned volt he chuckled leaning against the wall "i-i'm not too good with talking to girls but i guess i could if he ever asks give my best shot at helping though you know more about girls than me."

"Well.. i guess you can say that, but there's some things i cant experience. Girl, I'm a fashion designer. You have met the best person to give you a sense of fashion!" She giggled. " Oh? I guess you two aren't together then, well you're his type. Tiny, cute...." She plays with her hair, braiding it behind her head. "The boy has bat wings but he's like a raven, anything shiny and colorful he hoards in his room. I've only been in it twice."

"How are you doing volt? any reason you came here?" Drez asked him.

Julia giggled softly as kya took up the job to help her with fashion. Julia smiled as kya started braiding her long hair. Julia blushed a soft red stuttering a little before turning invisible embarassed though her hair was still in kya's hands at least she couldnt see how deep red her face had become. She giggled softly as he was compared to a raven and tapped the table "well i am not shiney so i'm good right?"

Volt shrugged his shoulders his eyes closed"i just came to see if he needed any help, i am doing alright thank you." He started to mess with his shirt slightly irritated wearing it.

Kya yelped when the woman turned invisible. "Where was that power when I was in school?! I could've used it to get away from the guys and the mean girls. I have a lady's soul and all they saw was my outside appearance. As for shiny, your hair has a gleam to it. I can't do anything with it when I see through you though...." Kya said still holding the hair but not really seeing it.

"I thank you for your offer but I can handle things on my own. Why don't you think about something you can do to make money. I sell flowers.... Drez makes things from fur and leathers... Kya has a clothing and jewelry store. The town would help you find out what your talent is. It's small, only two hundred people. The larger town is where you need to be careful...." He had appeared in a corner his cat on his head between his horns.

Julia smiled as she became visible again her eyes shining with an idea "i can offer my gardening services and take care of peoples lawns etc. it would be no problem for me i could get it done in record time just by humming as i work. Well obviously those kids just cant understand beauty is on the inside though you have beauty on inside and outside. Now you can do my hair i guess though if i go into town my ears will need to be covered right? Either by my hair or if i can somehow get a pair of headphones that cover it." She smiled softly as she saw the cat on zaphus's head giggling "such a cute kitty."

Volt looked over at zaphus and gently pet the cat for a minute as he spoke, "i believe the best job for me would be what i had done before taken to that island which is help with electricity. I know quite a bit about how the electricle wiring works and can tell with my power where the electricity is cut off at by like a short or a bad wire etc." he stretched out as he looked over at the girls letting out a small chuckle "well they seem to be getting along well."

Kya started messing with her hair again. "The town is quite small, not even on the map or GPS. They know Zee is a Demon and wouldn't mind others either. If you say you're a friend of his, they'll recommend you to everyone near by. In the larger town about fifty miles away from the small town, you would need to cover them. Although I think you'd have to hide that Mark on your head too. That'll be a dead giveaway. Only full blooded fae and elves do that. Aww! That's so sweet of you!" She hugged her from behind. "That's Caramel. You'll see him dote on her a lot. I still don't know where he got the cat though.... "

Zaphus flinched and baked away for the cat was on his head and another demon lifting his hand towards him brought back bad things. He grabbed the hand before it even touched the cat. "Indeed. It's good Kya has another lady friend. I know someone who can cover for you in the larger town and make sure nobody sees you. I don't want you to get caught again. They'll just be rid of you on sight."

julia relaxed as she felt kya playing with her hair again unsure of what it would look like after but trusting kya. She let her eyes close as the feel of her hair being played with was really good to her, she enjoyed it a lot making a low purring sound as she had been able to make any animal sound she wanted, she even gave out a soft mewl that sounded just like a kitten. "caramel seems like a good cat and thank you though i don't know how to cover the mark on my head, maybe makeup of some sorts though i usually don't wear makeup. You are welcome, it is the truth."

Volt tilted his head as zaphus grabbed his wrist "what am i not allowed to pet caramel? It is a good thing though you never know what they could get into so probably should be careful now. That would be good though hopefully i won't need to go to the big city anytime soon since by now they are already searching for us all around the globe, they are a world wide organization after all."

At the sound Caramel hopped over to Julia and curled up on her lap. " Well if you're doing yard work they have those large hats you can have on and it'll cover your ears too. a head band would work or a bandanna..." She said thoughtfully listing ideas.

"Not when she's on me, no. It didn't look like you where going to pet the cat to me...." He said softly. "Indeed. I have a shop there, but a trusted friend of mine and his husband runs it. They are both Nekos but hide it well. The little town would be glad to have you though. When a freaze settles in, the power lines often go down, and you could fix the,. The town is called Fartho, the larger town is called Adel."

(( Kya has this on her shirt.))

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

Julia smiled softly as she pet caramel listening to kya listing all of the options. She smiled at her and nodded " the bandanna would probably be the best in my opinion that or the hat." Julia hummed to herself as she thought about taking care of plants for a living.

Volt nodded his head "well i meant to pet the cat but ok i guess. i wouldn't mind helping with getting the power back to the town as well as having some sort of job, i may be able to buy new clothes and stuff." He messed with his clover pendent keeping it close to him not really paying attention, doing it out of habit.

"Oh I'd be happy to make something for you Volt, I am a fashion designer. At least you wouldn't need to slice holes in everything when it's tailored to you." Kya finished with the hair and looked over at him as Zaphus went upstairs. She watched him go. "He's.... touchy. I recommend no quick movements around him, he's too used to being attacked he's gotten kinda jumpy." she said softly.

Drez spoke up from by the fire. "Ya look like his dad too." that was all he said before leaving.

Volt nodded at kya "that would be very helpful though i still have trouble when retracting my wings they seem to get stuck in my clothes, they aren't long but are way too wide if you ask me. i'm sorry i was just trying to pet the cat and i'll try not to be so quick with my movements. i can't help the way i look though, not my features anyways." When julia walked away he sat at the table awkwardly looking up at kya unsure what else to say.

Julia got up while holding caramel and walked up after zaphus. She found him and hummed so he would know she was coming as she held caramel in front of her. When she was close to him she looked at him with her head tilted as she slowly lifted the cat to put it on his head. "you left this down stairs."

Kya sighed and walks over to volt speaking lowly. "You probably know how demon parents are. His father made half of those scars on him. That's all I know, he wouldn't talk anymore about it and honestly, I wouldn't want to know. I can't imagine growing up like that. My parents where only harsh when I felt like I'm in the wrong body and started making my clothes as womanly as possible to feel comfortable. They told me they wanted Kai Samuel Verkoz not Kya Sam Verkoz...." She was silent for a moment and waved her hand changing the subject. "Ignore my ramblings, If I can make shirts for Drez's four wings, I can make something for yours like nothing!" Drez had left quietly..

Zaphus was kneeling in the hallway rearranging the flowers in a vase. He looked at at her when she hummed and blushed slightly when she set the cat on his head. "Thank you.....And you have been a big help in my garden... I am grateful for that."

Volt had backed away and pressed his back against the wall yelping as his scars were mostly hidden under his wings or slight makeup which he had had at the island though he ran out of it earlier. He looked at kya tilting his head to the side looking slightly confused "but isn't a girl suppose to make her clothes as womanly and comfortable as possible?" Volt looked at her, looking down a second after "i know what it is like for a demonic parent to take out aggression, though for me it was my mother which is why women such as you and julia kind of make me jumpy and tense.

Julia looked into his eyes smiling softly as she giggled. She gently reached out caressing his horns while watching the cats reaction as well as his. "i wan't to be as useful as i can around here to make it seem like less of a pain to have me here."

Kya sighed. No to feel comfortable in my own skin..." She added wood to the fire. "So you think only someone who is gendered a girl at birth can dress girly?" She frowned glaring at him.

The cat pawed at her fingers as Zaphus blushed. His horns where stiff and smooth, the layers blending into each other easily. "Y-you're not a pain... you helped me out quite a bit. It w-would've been forever in this frost to regrow my vegetables.... what you can do with the plants is quite.......um...." he fell silent at that.

Volt tilted his head and looked at her curiously "so you were like trapped in a guys body or something? i honestly wouldn't be able to tell to me you are a girl. Sorry if i offended you, you just really seem like a girl so i didn't suspect that you were trapped in the body of the wrong gender." Volt blushed a deep red looking away unsure what to say.

Julia giggled petting the cat a little with her other hand enjoying the feel of his smooth horn under her hand. She smiled at him sadly at first though she brightened up a little "usually no matter what i do i am a pain, i'm clingy and i like to feel different textures like your horns or wings, even your tail intrigues me and that usually makes the people that i make friends with eventually drift away from me."

Kya stepped back and looked down. "Yes... exactly... and I have Fae blood so every cure has to come from witches tonics to medicinal herbs and plants otherwise I go into anaphylactic shock. I have enough money to change my body if I wanted, but.... The procedure isn't really natural.... " She shoved him hard in the chest. "You dare tell anyone and I'll hog tie you and leave you for the government! Am I clear?" her moon silver yellow eyes boring into his blue ones.

Zaphus turned scarlet and ruffled his wings. "S-s-so that was y-you earlier.... not K-K-Kya" He glanced at her then did a double take, tilting his head. Caramel slipped off and landed on the little table in a huff bitting the tip of his other horn in annoyance while the demon lifted a claw to the jewel that was around Julia's neck. It stopped millimeters from it, his voice barely a whisper. "Such a pretty gem....expertly crafted. Pure silver, elven made. I don't think I've ever seen a gemstone cut so smoothly... what kind is it? Sapphire, blue topaz? Lapis perhaps? It looks more like a Boulder opal stone..." he seemed entranced by her necklace as she was with his horns and wings. He knew quite a bit about flowers and gemstones and would make jewelry if he didn't have such long talons.

Volt looked away and nodded softly s he listened to her. When he was shoved he let out a low growl and yelp as his back hit the wall. His tail whipped from side to side as he stared at her "no need to get so pushy, i won't tell anyone but don't be pushing me girly or i might have to put you outside to cool off." He met her eyes his eyes glinting mischievously though it was easy to tell he was serious about not telling.

Julia giggled as he blushed while she nodded admitting to being the one playing with his wings. It was her turn to change three different shades of red as he just about touched the gem on her neck. She spoke softly as she looked at him curiously "i believe my dad said something like the last one when i tried to figure it out though to me it is just a family heirloom that was given to me when i was young, it is one of the only things i have left of my family." She let out a small yawn as she watched him curiously not really sleeping well at night due to night terrors.

She huffed. "You can send me to the south pole with nothing but the clothes on my back and I won't be cold so nice try demon. This is my home, in case you have forgotten. I'm the one who'd be kicking your tail outside." There was no sign of joking in her eyes. She held his gaze for a long while before turning on her heel and stalking to the kitchen grabbing a roll to eat.

He had the gem hooked on his claw, and was turning it over to see the design on the back when she yawned and he stiffened slightly and drew away from her rolling back on his talons in the crouch. His jaw was tight and he looked nearly pained. "I am sorry for your lack of sleep..... I can sense nightmares and if I was at half of my full potential, I could create them myself." He got up, towering over her... yet looking shy. "I make myself camomile and passion flower tea before bed. It helps reduce the nightmares... you could try some tonight."

Volt sighed as he grabbed a roll "it was a joke but honestly i won't tell anyone, i was surprised though you look just like a girl, sorry that the procedures are dangerous? or im not sure what to make you feel unsure about them. i know i'm probably just digging my grave deeper so anyways this is your home where were you lately, i haven't seen you around?"

Julia looked at him as he stood up over her still seeming shy. She hugged him gently her head on his chest as she spoke "it is ok i have always had problems sleeping so it isn't your fault, i would like to try the tea tonight if i could, just to see if it works even a little bit."

Julia gave him a look.... then burst out laughing. "You would suck at poker! I was bluffing. I visit old friends up here on the record, off the record, i come up here during the winter months to help zaphas with his flowers. I come up here for two months in the summer too. And.. you should probably stop talking because you are digging your own grave."

Zaphas froze once more and turns pink unsure of what to do with the tiny girl. "As do i...it helps me sleep. it should help you..." he mutterd

Volt blushed looking flustered as always around girls. He nodded as she mentioned he should stop talking and put his head on the table, his wings were stretched and since he was sitting they were touching the ground due to their width. He had his arms stretching towards the other side of the table and his legs were tucked under the chair he sat in as best as he could.

Julia smiled looking up at him and jumping up her arms around his neck and legs wrapped around him. She gave him a soft kiss on the cheek before letting herself go back onto the floor and step back "thank you for letting me stay here as well as helping me."