voltage

government escape?

Volt looked at her before quietly eating knowing that it would end up making her angrier if he followed her. He started eating his pasta slowly.

Tetsuna saw that she was angry and wanted to try and help. He walked to the bathroom door knocking on it softly "i am sorry about the tattoo thing i was just joking but the last mark is a tattoo if it is accepted, it is to show love for the person and for them to know that i will always love them, it is something permanent that will remind them of me because i will die a lot quicker than most races and my biggest fear is being forgotten by those i love. I am not going to ask about why you get tattoos and i am not gonna try and upset you, i tease its what i do and i'm sorry if i went to far.. do you want me to put the pasta in the microwave for you?" His voice was small he was afraid that he really hurt her feelings and he didn't want to do that.

Julia shook her head "you called yourself something when you said you would be able to suffocate that other demon, maybe lord of the sky and see that's why you should never lie to very powerful people about big things. any way we can reverse the curse? also they are outside of zaphus's house.

A long pause before she answered. "bowtie pasta is better when chilled. " another long pause and the sound of her shifting in the water. "Tease volt not me... it reminds me to much ........" she fell silent with a sigh. "You're too irritating to forget. Let me relax... it's... been a long day." she said no more after that.

"Master of air. It wasn't big, she asked me something and I told her a lie. The only way to end it is if my feather her family has is returned or destroyed by fire. " he landed outside the green house and drew his sword after letting her go.

Tetsuna sighed guessing what she was getting at. "there is a difference between my teasing and others, i tease mostly out of love i say stuff to try and get the people i care about or people that i want to care about and try to get to know to blush. When i say something teasing it is not to hurt your feelings, i would never do that on purpose, i swear." After he spoke he slowly walked back to the dining table and began to eat.

Julia giggled at him and started walking towards the edge of the green house. She knelt at the side as she spoke "i am not sure if this will work but i have hope. also maybe we can get that feather back for you?"

Kya said nothing. She used a bar of soap that smells like honey adding to the mix of smells that was already on her skin. When she finished with her bath she drained it, dried off and got dressed in a red nightgown and matching silk robe, her hair in a braid and she smelled like honey, lemon lavender and peppermint. She walked out and sat down at the table eating her pasta and salad.

"Only if it's given willingly and it's too dangerous to travel. I don't remember where to go anyway." He gestures to the greenhouse. "The sooner you get this done the easier it is for Z to sleep. Being hurt he needs a nap every half hour."

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

Volt and tetsuna were sitting in the living room. When she walked past volt whistled but stopped when tetsuna hit his arm mumbling for him to behave. Tetsuna watched television while Volt closed his eyes relaxing.

Julia touched the ground by the greenhouse mumbling in elven. The plants would go crazy as they figure out the ground underneath them is turning to sand. She would have to concentrate in order to make it all sand and kill the plants.

Kya finished eating and cleaned up before sitting on another chair reading a book while they watched a show. Zaphus didn't like the t.v. on a whole lot so she only watched movies when she wanted to and read all the other times.

Indeed the plants went wild, busting threw the windows and trying to get her. Drez swong his sword and a blade of wind cut off most of the ones coming out. The sliced flowers shriveled quickly, but these things where like hydras, cut off one two more grew back.

Tetsuna saw that she was reading a book and tilted his head. "Hey kya whats that book about?" He was curious not really having any books himself but liking when he found one though he was like a child liking to be read too as he ended up unable to read it because of distractions.

Julia took about three minutes ignoring everything before all of the ground under the plants became sand. She quickly rolled back behind drez watching as the plants couldnt get anything from its roots to survive.

"About how the god Zeus slept with a bunch of women and sired heros and the hero stores of Greece. That's pretty much the book in a nutshell- oh! Hades and Persephone... this should be interesting." She said as she turned the page.

The flowers sank into the sand, not really able to reach the roof anymore. The green house surprisingly held up, only sinking an inch in the sand. These were meant to take the brutal blizzards and high winds of the mountains. "It would take the plants a little while to die...." He said softly watching the plants be baked in the greenhouse and the sand starting to shimmer with heat although it was still winter. (Though spring was getting close.)

Tetsuna scooted over beside her and peaked into the book but not seeing any pictures he went back to watching the tv not really interested in the words. He yawned softly but kept his head up "sounds cool and by the way nice salad, never had one that well made before."

Julia watched as they sank down a little. She nodded to drez before casting a spell this time touching the green house. The inside of the greenhouse got hotter and she pulled away her hand burnt. "It should only take maybe an hour now, the greenhouse amplifies the heat inside by 3 times though it only lasts an hour to an hour and a half."

Kya smiled softly, seeing how they weren't trying to work her up again. "Thank you, I have other interesting books, it has images at parts to help describe what is going on. They are interesting, even Rick Riordan gave a good review. I can lead them to you if you want."

Drez scooped up some snow and put it on her burnt hand. " we can wait inside his house. Take turns checking on it. You might need to make sure his bed is well padded and comfortable, and the way too it is clear. Could you do that?" He asked as he headed to the house.

Tetsuna shook his head "i am not good at reading, i was never really taught, they started to at the school but then they kinda took me away. besides i always end up distracted and will at most be able to read two pages if that." He spoke softly a tone of embarrassment in his voiceas he admitted he couldn't read all that well.

Julia nodded as she followed him to the house, her hand feeling better now that it had snow on it. She looked over at drea "one of his rules was not to enter his room though for any reason."

Kya's eyes wrinkled at the corners although her smile was still small, her eyes glinted in the light. "I was told I'm a good teacher. I can help you learn. We'll start with small chapter books. I taught my papa how to write and read in English. Apparently they only learn demonic in hell. He could speak multiple languages, and can read and write in a few of them because a soul taught him how, but English.... wasn't one of them. If not, I can read it to you..."

Drez raised an eyebrow. "So.... you expect you and him to sleep in different beds forever, or make him sleep on yours? I'm sure he'd invite you in sooner or later. You're his mate, he'd only allow you in.. and the cat... I need to check the motor. " He went down the trap door to the basement and rummaged around letting her go upstairs to the attic.

Tetsuna shyly nodded as he looked up at her "yes to both please, i like when people read to me..though at the same time it makes me feel bad but i was never really taught" He snuggled up against her letting out a small sigh.

Julia blushed softly nodding before she cleared a walkway to the attic. She walked up the stairs remembering he through a fit and guessing that like most men his room would be a mess he opened the door slowly.

Kya started humming the lullaby Zaphus sang to her while reading her book. She then was singing softly to both men.

His room was big. The rafters double braced with thick beams and there was enough room for him to leap up into the rafters and sit. Two small crystal chandeliers spread light around the room for the tiny round window couldn't cover the vast space. The floor only had a few scattered papers that got knocked off the elegantly carved writing desk to the right of her, hidden behind the door, a few bits of glass from a broken mirror next to a ebony armour with paintings of bamboo and birds in light colors over the dark wood. Another mirror was covered up on the other side of the armour. Colorful rugs covered most of the floor, from silk to alpaca and fleece.

His bed was a little longer then a California king sized mattress, hanging on thick iron chains from the ceiling. Different snakes wrapped around each chain going in the pattern of, bronze, nickel, brass, silver, gold and platinum. The blanket on the bed was made by Kya, a beautiful stained glass patterned quilt with a pillow that looked like a window top of a gothic church. He had many pillows with dark blue or black covers on them strewn across the bed like a nest.

The most interesting thing though was what was on the walls. Shelf upon shelf held items all organized and with little cards under each one. These were broken up into sections. Decorated plates from each contrary Kya or someone he knew went to, or some from actions or antique shops. They had the maker's name (or the company) date it was made or bought, then where it came from. These all covered a small section near the floor. Kites were placed above them, the more intriguing ones carefully hung from the rafters and ceiling. Next to the plates were figurines. The shelves for these covered the entire wall. These were of wood, stone, jade, gems, metal of different kinds (even scrap) glass, clay, plaster, paper, beads, hay and grass or even pine cones and shells among other things. Each one took on a different shape, from dragons and mermaids, to people and animals, flowers and buildings.

After that came three large bookshelves filled with illuminated and rare books in different languages including Fae and elven, followed by records that were sought after by collectors all held in place by wooden, ivory, jade, clay, marble intricately carved bookends and when there wasn't anything to hold, he had set them back to back. The third bookcase held bells. Hundred of them, some crystal or silver, old missionary bells, large and small from all over. He had every US state and nearly every country, hand painted ones, and ones in interesting shapes.

On the other wall where goblets almost all hand made except for a few that where plastic that he only got because they looked cool. A few jewelry boxes on a few shelves all open displaying the custom designs if the necklaces and rings that looked stolen from kings and queens of old. The most he had of anything though where music boxes. From knee high to half the wall had music boxes a ladder like the ones at the library was there so he can get to any of them. By his bedside, two long cherry wood tables with some drawers decorated with vines and leaves up to the glass top, both had stones, some plane, others precious and others ore, all labeled on a grey felt under the glass tops. There was still space on the walls for more things he had yet to put up.

On the space of a wall parallel to his bed, was her painting carefully hung in a elegant white wood frame with dark vines around it and emeralds embedded in the leaves. But behind his hanging bed, the wall was scratched up with long slashes some stretching from the support beam to the floor.

Tetsuna and vol;t listened to the song smiling. It wasn't long before Volt was sleeping soundly though tetsuna with his headphones on simply smiled at her as he could hear her but he had always tried not to fall asleep around people who tried to help him sleep so instinct told him to stay awake. He continued to softly snuggle up against her side while she reads.

Julia looked around the room as she carefully ran her hands over first the shelves with the books and then over some of the bells as these were the most intriguing to her. She decided that after she was done she would see if there was a book that she could read and maybe learn a little more about her elven society that she didn't know. She walked over to the glass slowly and carefully picking up all the pieces even the small ones throwing them out, also picking up anything that was on the floor putting it back into it's place on the shelves. She gasped slightly at the mark on the walls "this simply will not do, if he sees these he will just further think of himself as a monster." She began to sing more of a song that would be danced to about the forest and nature in general as she began to paint. She spent a good hour painting but soon she had what seemed to be vines of beautiful flowers that covered all of the scratch marks using the indents from the claw marks to be the middle of the vines to make it look more real. She went around the room tidying up where need be and was done soon after. She made sure that the path to the bed and the bed itself was safe and she made sure that all the pillows were fluffed and in position to cushion him before walking out of the room and down stairs to find drez.

She kept singing, holding her fingers to her lips as she put up her book and made volt comfortable on the couch, covering him with a blanket after laying him down and cushioning his head with a soft pillow. She turned off the t.v. and stopped singing for a moment mouthing that she's tired and heading to bed, and he can have the spare room as she went back to volt's room and made it with clean sheets before laying down, the thin blanket she kept on only covering her feet. The door was closed only to a crack and the window was open a little. The air outside still had winter's bite too it, and it made the room like a freezer but Kya seemed happy about it and was fast asleep.

Drez was wrapping up a few burns, having just come inside from checking the greenhouse. Beside him was a large basket with veggies and fruits that weren't found wild in the forest at this time. It also had breads and muffins and such that would be good for getting energy to heal."Bout time you came down. Think the flowers are well baked. Was his room that messy?"

Tetsuna slowly walked up to the spare bedroom. He pulled the covers completely over him as he curled up in a ball in the middle of the bed, barely taking up half of it with his head on a pillow. He soon fell asleep soft snores being heard throughout the room.

Julia saw his hands and sighed "so another half hour before the greenhouse cools down enough for us to enter i take it? Not so much a mess as there was something i had to cover up. He had scratches up and down his whole wall i had to cover basically so painting over that took a long time. The flowers may be baked but so will we if we enter if the burns stand for anything."

"Demons with talons do that to keep their nails sharp. He slashes it in anger but that is because he didn't want to take it out on people. I used to have claws, but I cut them off. For me to get burned by hot air, my guess is to let it cool for two hours. We can come back later, it's not like the plants are going anywhere. Let them die completely or get really weak before pouring that... stuff... on it.." He made a face and pointed to the holy water.

Julia sighed as she looked at drez "well he can scratch something else up maybe a fallen tree or something other than the wall considering i just painted it. Two more hours? It usually doesnt last more than an hour and a half , this stuff by the way is a blessing and a curse it may hurt your kind but it will help zaphus by getting rid of his tormentor." She spoke softly though with an air of confidence.

"We are one hundred and thirty five feet up a mountain with snow on the ground. That means we're closer to the sun. It was already getting hot before you made it hotter. The spell has faded, but the heat needs time to get out. Or... do you feel like being a stuck pig in a fire fine by me. "

julia sighed and without saying a word walked over to drez lifting her arms to be carried to his house. The holy water was in her pocket carefully tucked away as she waited to be carried to zaphus to make sure he was ok.

Drez put the basket on his arm, grabbed her waist and took off. He arrived at his house and went inside finding Zaph up against the wall trying to get back to the room. He saw Julia and turned as white as his eyes and braces for a stern chewing out.

JUJlia sighed as she put an arm around him. She led him back to the bedroom having him at least sit. "you should not be walking around by yourself zaph. i will let it go this time since noone has been here for at least an hour but if i see you walking around by yourself again we will need to talk about it. How are you feeling by the way, a little better?"

Zaphus sighed in relief and hobbled to the bed, sitting down tenderly. A bit better, still in pain and fell a couple times but I've been through worse... you've.. You have seen it. Or... a part of it.... I'm a bit hungry. It took me about the hour to even get to the restroom without breaking or knocking down anything...

Julia nodded as she walked out to the kitchen getting him so more berries to help him. She put a few of the berries in his mouth while snuggling into him. She shook her head "we need to find some way for you to contact one of us when we aren't within range to hear you."