voltage

government escape?

Julia sighed "i know she may be afraid of losing him but if she gives love another chance then maybe things will go different. i know it may be tough for her but i can tell that he likes her a lot and she should give him a chance and maybe things will go different." She left the room after whispering that. She got a piece of lemon bread for him and one for if kya woke up. She gives him the bread and lay beside him.

"Thank you. She was stronger than I was. Even she was taken down and killed, and she had every natural element at her fingertips. You understand? We can only run and hide, they are too influential. Our only chance is to show the world we aren't dangerous." He whispers eating his bread.

Julia nodded and snuggled against him. She softly kissed his cheek "well then if she leaves shes afraid that some how they will find us and kill a whole town? plus if worst comes to worst can't you teleport us to safety again? maybe somewhere where they wouldn't go? maybe we can hide in a cave and how do we show we aren't harmful?"

"So many questions. Yes, most of this town has some supernatural blood in them mostly witches and sorcerers and the like. Some others too. But they'll separate people from their families and eventually kill them on the island. No I don't think so. That and this fight took a toll on me. I'd have to consume a lot of fear to transport us again, the caves could be blown up and we'd be trapped in them. I don't know any places that has none of the government reach.... as for how... I. Have no idea how we do that." He rubbed her back lightly as he spoke.

Julia looked down and nodded softly "oh..ok..well i don't know what we can do then. we can't just keep moving?" She snuggled against him softly with her eyes half closed.

"I don't know. I don't want to. I have my life here, my peace and quiet.. I have you. And.... never mind..." He blushed and looked away from her.

Kya woke up at this conversation and took her lemon bread to the living room where she smelled coffee and sat with Drez, sipping from a tin cup while eating her bread.

Julia smiled as she snuggled against him softly "alright if you want to stay here we can but what if they show up then what?"

Tetsuna had made egg omelets for himself and volt. He ate his quickly and went into the living room to watch television.

Volt ate his breakfast slowly still lost in thought as he unconsciously ran a finger over a scar that went diagonal from his lower thigh to the opposite waist. . He finished his breakfast and washed all the dishes before going outside, he flew up onto the roof and lay down on his back looking up at the sky.

"we'll figure it out then. But I don't want to leave. What I want is to stay here and have...." He fell silent once again, squeezing her slightly with a sigh. "The Amazon is protected, with your abilities and my knowledge of culturing food and many languages, we can hide in the protected forest..."

Drez let Kya get cleaned up, giving her his old buckskin vest and pants. They he took her back home and walked up to the door and knocked. Kya stood next to him, holding a bag with her clothes and looking at the ground.

Julia smiled at him and kissed his cheek "you want to have children don't you? i never really thought of it. Also i agree that we can hide in there if it comes down to it."

Tetsuna answered the door as he looked at them before looking down "hello kya i am sorry about everything. is there anything i can do for you?"

Volt was almost asleep on the roof he was unsure of what to do, his tail swayed back and forth his wings flapping once to make himself comfortable before he spoke up, "welcome back home kya." He spoke loud enough for her to hear though he tried not to yell too loud.

Zaphus flushed and purred. "Am I that obvious? Yes.... I would like to have children with you.... I always wanted to be a father that mine never was and for them to have a mother...

Kya remains silent. "Kya doesn't want to talk for a while, and to warn you not to have iron in the house. Good day." He said starkly as he took off again.

Kya went inside and washed her clothes in silence. She rubbed her red rimmed eyes like she was going to cry.

Volt flew down, while tetsuna walked back to the living room giving her space volt walked right up beside her and sighed. "we need to talk and by that i mean i need to talk and i would like you to listen, what you said yesterday hurt me and made me think. if you want to talk just walk outside i want to talk on the roof where it is harder for tetsuna to walk in and interrupt me."

Julia nodded at him "you are pretty obvious and i would not mind, i know you would be a fantastic father, i mean you technically are aa father and a good one already."

Kya looked at him and nodded, going outside and waiting for him to take her on top of the roof. She sighed heavily and looked at her feet when he talked.

Zaphus smiled softly. "I took her in when she was fourteen and could take care of herself. I never raised a baby before... I even have names... I came up with them when I was helping Kya with her project for family care in high school.."

Volt softly picked her up and took her to the roof. He let out a heavy sigh" what you said i listened, i know you wont tell me about your past and i am ok with that i have problems with trust too but i care for you and do trust you i mean in a way i guess you are trying to save me? i am not sure exactly from what but i understand that you want to save me from something by distancing yourself from me, though that hurts my heart. But the real reason i came out is to tell you a little bit about my past, an idea of why i am how i am. First off with me and tetsuna yes we had some good times we wrestled i flew him around and he would turn into different animals and help me out with finding food and cooking because honestly i can't cook. He knows a lot about how to tease me but barely anything about my past cause he likes to tell everyone everything. My past..I was raised up here on earth by my mom it was the will of my father and she was not happy about it in the slightest. She would continuously whip me and cut me and have other women come over and every women i knew would only want to use me for her gain in one way or another or they would just hurt me to see me cry. I used to get burned by cigarettes as well as candles, anything you can think of that a succubus would do to torture someone, think of that and that was my childhood, and thats taking out the few times that i had visits with my "uncle " vincent..." Volt shuddered at the name his skin paling "he is a very old and powerful incubus and apparently my mom thought that he could teach me how to be a "real" incubus." He sat down with a plop looking down at his feet his wings slightly curled towards himself "i hope that gives you a little bit of an idea about why i am how i am, also i didn't tell you too much about my past with tetsuna because i wanted to focus on my future with you because i love you, you are my love not him, yes i still like him but i am dating you, not him."

Julia smiled as she kissed him gently, pulling away after a minute she giggled "what are some of these names?" She lay beside him helping him sit up slightly to sip his water again.

Edited by voltage

Kya started to cry again at his story and reached into her shirt, into the small padded sports bra she had on nearly always. She pulled out a royal blue scale that looked like it had bits of silver flecks in it and some gold shimmers around the rim of the smooth scale. It was the size of her hand and felt like the finest of fine silks. "The people who shot you. You.... are not immune to bullets. They search for you. ......Anastasia. I lost her like you did Tets, only... I had visions of them.... twisting her body, changing her.... torturing her.... then one day she snapped and fought. They tore out her scales... and put a bullet in her heart. I know because this.. had me see it. When alive even stripped scales where warm..... but now it's cold as I am." she said barley above a whisper. "They found out about her because I was drunk and taking to some guy who asked me about my necklace I had on, a gift on my birthday so many years ago she gave me and I told them where to find her..... I betrayed her.... and I can't be sure if it would happen again.." she sobbed holding the scale to her chest.

Zaphus kissed her back and took a sip of water. "For a girl, Avalon. The Celtic paradise island where king Arthur left to. It means island of apples. For A boy... Adair meaning by the oak trees in Celtic. "

Volt grabbed her and gently pulled her against him. He kissed her head softly "i am sorry that that happened to you but i trust you, i know you won't do anything on purpose plus i have your father and his girlfriend we could escape if we need to though i am very certain we wont need to." He had her look him in the eyes as he spoke, his voice calming and confident "i believe in you and if they do somehow find us i will not die, i will not leave you alone, that i promise you, i have been through hell and i do not plan on letting them do anything to any of us that resembles that at all. You need to have faith in yourself and in me, i am a high powered monstrosity of a hybrid. after all that they feared more than everyone on the island other than your father who also happens to live nearby." He picked her up softly and stood up looking at her "you are rough on yourself, i see the reason but there is no fixing it, all you can do is make sure that you move on and keep moving forward, don't let the past hold you down and just learn from it. I trust you, i have faith that you will not do that kind of thing again."

Julia smiled as he spoke about the names and meanings. She giggled and poked his nose "well then personally i would prefer a girl then. Also about the Amazon rain forest idea wouldn't we need to bring kya and volt along as well? if we do that where would we live we can't really make a cabin in a protected area."

Kya pulled her head away. "You are weak compared to her! You still think you're untouchable? Papa is hurt! You got shot in the chest because they took away your weakness, and if they hold me hostage? You're better off damned in Hell then to face them with my head on the line and papa weak and unwilling to fight! Grow up and realize you are not some god!

What you went through, it's common practice in hell, yes it's sad but Drez and Zaphus went through it, and papa had it worse. What I don't get is that You're telling me that I should get up and move on after my childhood friend and the love of my life was taken so violently from me, feeling only a fraction of her pain but it still felt like my body was on fire with kerosene thrown on it, and hearing in her last thoughts that she loves me and would never get to tell me it? You're telling me to learn about my past, let it go? Eat your own words Voltair.

You should know how to shut your mouth and stay silent. You should know you shouldn't make promises that you can't keep. You should just stick with dating men, because you don't know anything about how to treat a decent woman. You touch me again, you follow me, I'll shoot your ass myself. I thought you were different, but you're just as bad as everyone else I've dated. I'm staying here for the next five weeks. Unless you can come up with a good apology, don't even speak to me at all." she jumped off the roof and landed on her feet falling to her knees before getting up and walking into the house.

"The canopy is good. Honestly, I'd let volt figure something out for himself, and Kya is on good terms with the Himalayan natives, she doesn't like warm weather and it's very cold up there. " He smiled as she said she would like a daughter. "You can pick names too, but now wouldn't be a good time to raise a child.... "

Volt felt crushed, he didn't mean it to come out that way at all and he just messed up anything he had. He jumped down using his wings to help ease himself down so he didn't damage himself. He walked up to her with tears in his eyes "i didn't mean to come off like that, loook i know i am weak i know i'm not some mighty god to be feared, i know hell is immeasurably worse than what i went through. I know that i don't know how to treat a decent women, women in general are knew to me but i love you..and i don't want to lose you..i can't do anything but act tough, i watched them take tets away that was bad enough i don't want them to take you. I didn't mean to forget about it, you can't i have no idea what you went through and i hope i never do. ive been to hell and seen some things so i know that i am not strong i just wish i was strong enough to protect you because i love you i follow you because i worry, i touch you because i love you and want to make sure its real, but i know it is because of this pain in my heart. i know this probably isn't even worth you talking to me but its how i feel if you really hate me i don't blame you but i am not like them i learn, i admit to my mistakes..i shouldn't act like something im not, i shouldn't speak about things i haven't experienced.. i am sorry, i love you and always will." He walked outside crying harder than he ever had before as he flew to the edge of town sitting high up in the trees crying so loudly that people from nearly a mile around heard his mournful cries.

Julia just simply nodded as she snuggled up against him softly "but what if she wants to visit wouldn't it be too hot for her to visit?"

Kya took a deep breath when he was gone and laughed bitterly as she got on a polyester jacket. "Now I follow him. Tetsuna, I am sorry you have to witness this. It isn't your fault, it would've come out eventually...." she handed him her jacket with the wolf on the back so he can keep warm in the chill in the house. She left and searched for two people. Volt and Drez, who was unfailingly at the tiny library/bookstore at this hour. She collected from him something and looked around until she heard the crying and took a deep breath before steadily climbing up the frosted tree. She got to a branch just below him and wasn't tall enough to reach the others. She wasn't very good at climbing, but his cries covered the breaking branches and her grunts in her efforts to climb.

One below him she reached out and lightly brushed his tail, the only thing she could reach. "S-somtimes..... people say things they don't really mean out of anger.... but it... doesn't always mean the love isn't there. I........ I don't know how to make it right again. ..... I'm afraid of nearly everything.... I..... " she stopped talking.

"Well, it's cooler during monsoon season so she can visit then. " He whispers against her lips before kissing her deeply. "Tired.... read to me? Or sing? You have a lovely voice my Angel...."

Tetsuna put the jacket on giving her a soft nod though he wasn't sure what was going on. He was half growling but decided not to bother and just curled up.

Volt jumped nearly falling though he caught himself. His tail quickly wrapped around his waist before he looked down at her. He listened to her before slowly climbing down to sit next to her sniffling. "i-i'm sorry too..i didn't mean to upset you... i will do all i can to make sure you don't lose me..even if that means constantly moving to places hidden or protected." He stopped speaking before he came off the wrong way again and simply lay his head on her sniffling.

Julia nodded at his mention of monsoon season. She blushed into the kiss before looking at him "do you know where a book is that i can read to you is then?"

Kya uneasily sat down next to him and handed him a red Phoenix feather necklace silently. She let go of the tree to slip on a blue one, but.... She wasn't good at climbing trees. Her slick pants slipped on the frosted branch and she fell several feet, flailing around until she caught a thick branch down about ten feet from where volt was..... with her legs. She yelped at that and whimpers grabbing the branch with her hands. "That hurt..." she squeaked an octave higher then normal.

He pointed to a stack of paper back dark romance novels. "Whatever you find appealing with Drez's taste in books...." He yawned and lay his head back, eyes half closed. "I'm almost.... as L.. just..sing please?......" He watched her slowly blinking his eyes.

Volt flew down to her and picked her up softly in His arms. He flew them to the roof again, he set her down "i bet it did hurt, that hurts everyone." He slowly put the necklace on as he had it cover his other ones though it was obvious he was now trying to imagine how to get the jewelry to match with his tail and necklace. "stay right here for a minute." With that he flew inside before coming out with his hands in his pocket "ok my love can you close your eyes?"

Julia nodded as she began singing the lullaby she always hummed. She sat next to zaphus as she sang watching him.

Kya had lay on her back when they landed. Her arm was draped across her eyes so when asked to close them she squeaked out. "They are closed..."

Zaphus watched her until his eyes dropped and he was asleep with a soft snore and his claws brushing her hand.

Volt smiled as he sat beside her grabbing her hand though keeping her arm over her eyes. He slipped a ring with a stainless steel band instead of the iron they usually used over her finger softly. He leaned over kissing her "it is a promise ring, i promise that i will always try my best to be here for you, i promise to always love and cherish you." He spoke softly and as he spoke he let her look at it.

Julia lay down and soon fell into zaphus's dream world.

Edited by voltage

Kya sat up a bit and looked at the ring blushing. "Oh my.... it's.... thank you..." she cupped his cheek with one hand and kissed the other side curling against him.

She was walking through a lush vibrant green forest that opened to a clear lake, almost mirror like in smoothness and so pure you can see large fallen trees on the bottom of the lake giving an illusion of shallow waters. Zaphus was young, his wing almost healed, the wound forming a slightly pink scar that would darken when the new leather gets tougher. He stood on a rock looking into the lake. He turned around and looked at her for a moment before hopping off the rock and walking to her. "hello love. Come here, I would like to show you something. Close your eyes and trust me darling.." He purrs as he took her hand and lead her to the lake.

Volt smiled softly as he wrapped an arm around her. He was happy to see her blush and be happy, smiling he pulled her up against him tightly. He wrapped his wing around her as he felt the feather softly being very gentle knowing he must mean a lot for her to give him it.

Julia blushed as she looked at him but closed her eyes as told while holding his hand, letting him guide her. She squeezed his hand slightly as she wasn't used to not seeing.