voltage

government escape?

Julia chuckled and when when he spoke she looked at him. As she smirked giving a playful chirp, afterwords a blue jay flew in landing on drez's shoulder "i hope you wouldn't have kicked him out if i wasn't here because he is your friend isn't he?" She let him hold her hand and yawned softly still slightly tired.

"I let him stay two days, I like the house to myself...." he snorted and waved off the bird."Oh what a pretty blue Jay!" the woman from yesterday was there, dressed in a black pantsuit and a dark purple blouse with purple eyeshadow that makes her eyes look gold. She held out her finger and the bird hopped on it after Drez brushed it off like it was a speck of dust. She looks into the room and jumped, taking a deep breath as if preparing to pester them with questions.

"He's the demon I told you about, his name is Zaphus, he is hurt and needs rest so don't bug him too much." Drez said beating her to the punch and looked at Zaphus and Julia. "This is Robin, a reporter for channel seven news, she does a morning interviews with people and is working on a piece on supernatural people and their families vs "normal people". Nobody is buying anything with the supernatural human mates and she thought an actual supernatural on the show would be a good point of view. She'd like to talk to you both about life on the island. I already told her how hard it is to hide and such. Go nuts you guys." He walked off like nothing happened.

Julia immediately grew angry but sighed as he started walking away "hey drez why don't you stay im sure she would like to know how hard it is growing up as an air demon compared to that of a shadow demon." She spoke softly though she was trying to get her to focus on drez as well since he brought her to a sick demon without even fully knowing that she wouldn't do anything to hurt them or turn them in.

Robin was starting to tumble over apologies before Zaphus interrupted. "Its been over twenty years since I've seen another necromancer. Julia, we have to answer her questions, she's trying to help us! Necromancers are exceedingly rare, even more so then multiple shifters and dragons! It's said there only be two dozen in the entire world at a time! Besides love don't you want children too? We can't get anywhere without risking something, we can free everyone on that blasted place, please love let her speak to us!" he curled his tail around Julia looking at her pleadingly. This could be the opportunity he was looking for to show the world that supernatural people aren't evil or bad at all.

Robin's eyes widened as Drez whipped around with a growl. "H-how did you know? I never told a living soul! My own parents didn't even know! "

Julia grumbled but nodded softly while snuggling against him. She tilted her head at the girl "zaphus figures out a lot of things he shouldn't and has a hard time behaving sometimes. Though that would explain the strange aura around you." Julia looked at her smiling softly "you could help us prove that supernatural people are not bad, nor are we evil or some sort of disease."

Zaphus nodded at the aura comment as he can see it too. People who are, has seen, or caused death in their lives could see the aura. Although to see it while alive it would have to be many deaths... although demons being around the dead can naturally see the glow.

Robin sighed in relief. "That's what I've been trying to prove. Others don't believe that they are in the wrong about judging supernaturals. That's why I want to hear stories from the island... I.. wanted to contact the dead from there but I don't know the names and the families wouldn't tell me out of fear of the government. Everything is anonymous information. If my producer likes it and it gets lots of media attention, one of you could get on the show with protection from the government. If the American people find out they took a person only in acting their freedom of press and speech they'll be in a uproar. I have a tape recorder with me and check it all the time to see if it's clean of any bugs. If.... you don't mind recording each of you separately?" Zaphus shook his head as the woman pulled out two cassette recorders and set them on the bed.

Julia mirrored zaphus while snuggling up against him. She didn't really want to talk about the island nor remember seeing most of her friends she made being taken away.

Robin looked at Zaphus and started asking questions. First was about his house there and what is it like there. "Like a cage. Can't fly stuck in a home far to small for me. I'm a demon so they feared me. I have a daughter I took in and ran a flower shop. Anyone who met me can tell you I'm not violent, I even don't like the smell of meat. The house was a hut on a cliff, no heat or cooling system and a bathroom too small for me. I couldn't fly, couldn't grow anything and forced to go to the college for counting every day. If I don't show... they'll starve me or chain my wings so i lose my balance and I had to walk on all fours like an animal because my equilibrium was off."

Julia waited patiently as robin talked to zaphus, shaking her head as she remembered when he had ran into her while on all fours. When robin asked her about the island she gave a soft sigh "at first we didn't think it would be bad, we figured it would stop poachers etc. What really happened though is they took us so that they could do it themselves, anyone with any sort of rare part that they could take would be taken into a back room of the so called college and stripped of a part of them that meant a lot to them usually. We were forced to be in bed by a certain time and go to the college just for a role call, they didn't even teach us. Then the experiments began, they started picking at first a few each month to take away and as i have recently learned they may be experimenting and basically torturing any rare supernatural being, now they are taking between two and four each week. They control people with fear, if you won't give them what they want they simply won't give you supplies, you will end up starving or hunting in the forest where if caught you would be killed, then they would get what they want anyways. that island is not a sanctum for anyone, it is a place where the government can torture the supernatural while everyone else believes it is just a place for the supernatural to live without having to worry about society or society worrying about them."

Tetsuna wrapped an arm softly around kya, helping set her on the couch as he rested his head against her. He sat close to her and purred softly as he tried to keep her comfortable, though his purr was slightly choppy and mixed with whines when he gently touched his nose.

Volt went into the bathroom, starting up a shower as he needed time to think.

" Children are trained to hunt down others of our kind, believing they are to help others of their species...It is true about the experiments... My daughter had a best friend, a Western Eastern dragon diplomat from China. She was living here to make her friend comfortable in a new school after her parents kicked her out at fourteen. She was taken only a few weeks before i was, and i didn't see her there at all. Those who aren't rare fore forced to breed with whom they chose like rats or dogs. Meany have mates for life who are human. If they refuse or are part of the LGBT community, they are set aside and eventually they too are missing. He sighed. "I may be a demon, but what I see mortals doing to each other, seeing this happening to our kind like it is the Holocaust all over again.... Humans are no different then demons. All I see them do is hurt each other, harm others who they fear, do what they wish and ignore the painful truth. If this doesn't make a difference, make other see what they are doing, how wrong this is....Then i just may have exchanged one Hell for another. Please.... leave us alone now, i am hurt and exhausted. I need to rest now." He said as he lay back down and closed his eyes, but he didn't sleep. this woke up too many memories.

The three had wrestled for a bit, but everything halted when her leg hit Tetsuna's belt buckle made of iron. She had acted quickly (with volts help) and had wrapped it up in a broad leaf. Volt had gotten angry at the shiftier and smacked his head into the ground knocking him out for ten minuets and breaking his nose. Kya had convinced Volt to calm down and make up with him and put a salve on his nose to help it heal. Now she pressed a finger to Tets' lips wanting to head Volt, remembering what Tetsuna had said about hearing him in the shower. She had sat up and was ready to hobble inside the bathroom if needed.

Julia stay quiet and ended up wrapping her arms around zaphus helping him lay down. She hummed as he relaxed in her arms with his eyes closed. She nodded softly "he needs his rest, i hope you have gotten the information you needed."

Volt was in the shower now and when kya got to the door with tetsuna's help she could hear it. Volt was crying and whining in pain, as if the small pressure of the shower was pins and needles. After a few minutes he started begging barely audible to someone called vincent as tetsuna whispered "i still don't have any idea who that is." Volt was still begging as he slipped and you could hear a thud as he fell against the side of the tub, before kya could go in though tetsuna put his arm in front of her. Volt stood back up with a groan as he continued to shower whimpering as if he is still in pain. Tetsuna whispered "he does this every time he thinks that he is alone we shouldn't let him catch us, he doesn't like to talk to people he usually doesn't tell people much."

Robin nodded and left letting them be. Zaphus fell asleep in her arms.

Kya moved his hand. "He told me about him. He trusts me." she moved in silently, she got down to her under things and moved to the shower after carefully removing the leaves on her leg. It still looks black, but it was fading to a brown. Carefully she got into the tub behind him, trying to use her small body to block the water on him. "It's okay sweetie.... it's ok.... I'm here. Let me help you wash." She had a cup in the shower on the rack that held her things. Filling the cup with water she lightly trickled the water down his back getting a wet washcloth to carefully wash each wings with tender fingers. She spoke softly and hummed a strange tune as she did so.

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

Volt jumped and yelled out an osenity in demonic when she appeared behind him falling against thhe other side of the tub. "What are you doing? p-please d-don't hurt me." He was still scattering away from her his eyes large a distant look in his eyes "i-i won't let you hurt me again..i wont.." he stumbled out of the tub away from her as he put his hand on a electrical socket the lights flickering as electricity started to surround him. Tetsuna looked at her mouthing for her to try speaking in elven since his mother probably never did.

Julia let him sleep and wound up asleep herself though not entering his dream and blocking her mind from him entering hers, kicking him out every time she saw him begin to enter still slightly upset at him from the last visit into his mind.

Kya only smacked off the water, the brief moment of clarity realizing water and electricity doesn't mix before she..... well she hasn't even seen her father in a frightened rage such as this, and his powerful body sparking with electricity..... it was fight or flight. And she was more flight. Being cornered though only left her cowering against the wall. She doesn't know if he knew elvish and perhaps one of his mother's "friends" spoke it as well. She trembled so much that her bad leg slipped from under her and she gasped as her head hit the side. Finally she got her voice. "Baby it's me! It's me! I'm not her! I'm not any one of them! I was only trying to help! Stop please your scarring me!" She attempted to push away from him if he got near her.

Zaphus had absolutely no reason to enter her mind. He blocked out all thought as he was asleep.... until....KYA!!!!" He roars. He felt her fear, it was faint, not being able to reach her with the dream catcher tattoos on her. There's somethings a shadow demon couldn't touch. He bolted out of bed and made it outside before he collapsed. He screamed again lifting himself on all three working legs looking like he was ready to run someone through and Gore them to death.

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

Volt heard screaming, his mother never screamed like that, that was..fear? He grabbed his head and shook it before seeing her. He knelt and shook his head harder, whining though the electricity still surrounded his body "i'im sorry..please don't enter t-the bathroom on me l-like that. He couldn't go near her as he had no way to release his electricity. He was still seeing glimpses of women and would jump slightly from them so coming near him was not a good idea but he moved to the side so it would be easier.

Tetsuna walked past him dodging a quick lightning bolt to the floor as he helped kya out of the bathroom "i'm sorry, i warned you."

Kya looked at him with wide fearful eyes. When Tetsuna reached for her she smacked him away and scrambled out of the window in the bathroom, before dashing away. Her leg buckled occasionally but she managed to scramble into the forest before collapsing.

Zaphus glided down, using the trees to push him further to the path to town. If she was that frightened she'd head for his house. He hit the earth, tumbled and dashed away. He came across her scent and ran to her. She had fainted and the mark had acted up again. He was still furious, but lightly picked her up and half flew, half hobbled to his home, and used his wings to go upstairs. Once in his room he lay her on the bed and worked on the spells to heal her burn before he collapsed beside the bed, energy spent completely. He doesn't even notice the painting on the wall, he was only focused on Kya.

Tetsuna followed her, when zaphus carried her he followed them as a small gnat. When they got to the room where she was being held he quickly turned human form though holding his hands up. "hey hey just listen, she is ok, i don't know how to heal her leg she used some green stuff? but she is here because she got afraid of volt. He was taking a shower when she walked in. i warned her not to he was reliving the past he went into a fight or flight thing and he was fight, and scared her though he didn't touch her. He may come to try and find her in an hour when he is calmed down though he may still have electricity in him so it would be best if he stay a few feet away."

Zaphus was asleep and so was Kya.... but one wasn't. Drez had heard his friend and followed him. He grabbed the small boy by his neck and dragged him outside throwing him into the bushes before planting himself on front of the door sword drawn. "I don't know who you are but it is disrespectful to enter a home without permission. Volt wouldn't come inside either. I am aware of his powers... electricity is formed by charges in the clouds and wind.... that I control. He isn't to get anywhere near here." stabbing his blade in the ground a bubble of air formed a barrier around the entire home.

Tetsuna growled loudly as he was dragged out. When the demon said they weren't allowed he grew irritated. He was whining as the light hurt his unprotected right eye. A golden dragon tail swung from behind tetauna hitting where the force field was weakest. He spoke calmly "listen, kya is volts pride and joy, i love her as well. I don't know who you are but standing in the way of two worried people is not the best plan."

Drez's wings bent towards him and he snarled back. "Zaphus is Kya's father, if anyone would protect her it's him. To see her, you will have to wait. Besides, that little fright volt gave her got him out of bed. Julia is more terrifying then he is. Zaphus is my friend. We both know Kya longer then you and that silly icubus had so don't be telling me to get out of the way of two worried people who don't even know what her favorite movie is! Kya needs sleep and peace from that wound on her leg! Let her be." He said softly, he meant no threat to the kid, but if this idiot continues to provoke him and getting angry for no reason he will be forced to show his hand.

Volt flew to where kya ran to before, he flew right to the door "kya?! Kyaa!?" He opened the door walking around. He jumped back as he saw julia sitting up yawning. Volt spoke spftly "hey do you know where zaph and kya are?" Julia sighed "right he..." She stopped as her hand hit nothing. She searched the entire house before she yelled out "drez!!!!" She walked out of the house and told volt to follow her to zaphs house and they will try and find kya. They walked that way though volt stood a few feet away.

Tetsuna looked down and whined "please dont make me fight to see the one i love i dont like to fight."

Drez shook his head. "Until you calm down and be patient. I will not let you in. Zaphus doesn't like any strangers in his room. You'll have to wait outside of that room. And I don't mean directly outside of it. Lest you want to relive your greatest fear in your dreams. It's the air in there.... you probably already will. Any stranger not invited inside the room is plagued by nightmares for 12 days. I am not immune to this and probably would have them myself. I have seen my fair share of war. I don't want to harm you any more then you would want to harm me."

Julia was walking fast the qhole forwst around her seemed to buzz with anger. The trees shook birds were flying over the trees, hundreds of them gathwring as she wAlked with an aura of anger. She was close enough the birds could be seen blocking out part of the sky from zaphus's house. Volt was flying ahead of them by now when he saw drez standing in front of tetauna blocking him off he called down to julia "drez is outaide, looks like he isn't letting anyone in." Julia started jogging her eyes gloqing as the birds sped up as did volt to keep up a few eagles and hawks joining the group now as julia yelled "drez!!!!" Not yet to where she could see him but closing in the gap fast.

Tetsuna had started to speak about how nightmares wouldnt be new and how he rarely slept but he was cut off by a loud yell. He looked around Seeing the trees seeming to bend atarting to form a path "whats gping on?"

Drez went white as a sheet. His voice small as he dropped his sword and the wind barrier went down. "That..... would..be Julia.... oh dear....not the wings not the wings, I loose one feather prematurely and it'll take me a month and a half to get my powers back and be able to fly! He came here by himself! Ask volt and this bossy butt here! Volt terrified Kya! He woke up and ran out, he already had her by the time I got to him and she had a iron burn that had to be taken care of quickly! H-he's in his room with her! It's not my fault!" He backed away as the tiny woman advance.

Julia walked up to him as the birds circled up ahead. Tetsuna got flung out of her path by a vine landing against a tree the back of his head hitting it, knocking him out. She walked up to the man her eyes staying a bright glowing green. She pushed him up against a tree "you knew where he was and your first priority wasn't to wake me up as soon as he left so we could both follow? or wake me quickly right after?! i should pluck all your feathers from one wing just to punish you." Volt had knelt by tetsuna as she spoke to all of them "i am going up to see zaphus, put the little man there or whoever it is on the couch and you volt can visit with kya, i'm giving you permission if zaphus has a problem with it i'll deal with it, i am hereby telling you all and Zaphus to if he can hear me! i am taking any curse that is pointed at volt for the duration we are up in the attic room."

Edited by voltage