Imzadi

Extend Halloween drop

We are able to take only 2 each of the CB Valentine and Christmas/Holiday/Seasonal/whatever you like eggs, but they drop for three days. We can grab as many Halloween eggs as we can and trade for more, but there is only a one day drop. I would like to see a three day drop for Halloween as well. People who can't be there on the 31st for whatever reason would still have a chance to get eggs. Those who want more can also get them if they incubate and hatch the first round.

We are able to take only 2 each of the CB Valentine and Christmas/Holiday/Seasonal/whatever you like eggs, but they drop for three days.  We can grab as many Halloween eggs as we can and trade for more, but there is only a one day drop.  I would like to see a three day drop for Halloween as well.  People who can't be there on the 31st for whatever reason would still have a chance to get eggs.  Those who want more can also get them if they incubate and hatch the first round.

Bolded for emphasis.

That's the reason. It's to keep people from getting second helpings if they have incubates.

Bolded for emphasis.

That's the reason. It's to keep people from getting second helpings if they have incubates.

What is the issue with that? Holidays usually aren't hard to get no one has trouble getting at least one set.

Bolded for emphasis.

Personally, I'd be quite happy with a second helping. tongue.gif

But that's me.

Cheers!

C4.

Yeah that's true, that really doesn't make sense. I agree with this suggestion! Since the whole reason Halloween CBs aren't limited to two in the first place is that Halloween is about grabbing all you can, what's the problem with people getting a second batch exactly? Seems about the same as going out trick-or-treating early, filling your sack, going home for another one, resting a bit, then heading out again the same night in a different neighborhood. ;p Another treasured childhood memory LOL

Edited by Lurhstaap

Bolded for emphasis.

It has always been a matter of grab as much as you can at Halloween. Some people do mass trading to get upwards of 3 dozen CBs. I don't see anything bad about getting a few more by a second round of catching. And I can and do trade if I want more, but this benefits people who aren't here the one day as well.

I like it to just be on Halloween, myself; it adds to the feel of the event for me. I wouldn't MIND a three day drop, though. tongue.gif

What is the issue with that? Holidays usually aren't hard to get no one has trouble getting at least one set.

Were you here for the Marrows ? MANY failed to get ANY.

What is the issue with that?  Holidays usually aren't hard to get no one has trouble getting at least one set.

I'm not arguing or disagreeing with the suggestion, that's just the reason TJ has a different length just for Halloween.

Edited by aangs-sister

Marrows were FIVE years ago. No one has had any trouble in the last 4 years. Not judging from how absurdly easy it was to trade for extra CB Shadow Walkers, Cavern Lurkers, Graves, and Desipises.

In fact... I accidentally ended up with too MANY Desipiss!

So I do NOT think that Marrows, from so long ago when the Cave was SO different, is a valid yarstick anymore... And hasn't been for years.

Cheers!

C4.

We are able to take only 2 each of the CB Valentine and Christmas/Holiday/Seasonal/whatever you like eggs, but they drop for three days. We can grab as many Halloween eggs as we can and trade for more, but there is only a one day drop. I would like to see a three day drop for Halloween as well. People who can't be there on the 31st for whatever reason would still have a chance to get eggs. Those who want more can also get them if they incubate and hatch the first round.

Simply this.

It would be nice even if people don't want more cbs as it would give people without incubates more time to hatch their bred eggs.

I was around for that. That is why I said "usually". That is the only one that comes to mind that was that difficult. They've been easier ever since.

It's something I've never really thought about or cared about, but this suggestion does make a lot of sense. If other holiday drops have 3 days *despite* having strict egg limits, why is Halloween left out? You can get as many as you want, but for only one day? I can *kinda* understand the whole "second batch" arguement, tho I don't agree that's reason for a no, but maybe a compromise of 2 days??

If it ain't broke, why fix it? And it ain't broke!!!

Don't Valentine's drop for only one day as well? I think the reasoning with Christmas is that far more people have all-day family obligations/travel plans.

Regardless, I would enjoy seeing the other holidays extended for a couple of days as well.

Don't Valentine's drop for only one day as well? I think the reasoning with Christmas is that far more people have all-day family obligations/travel plans.

Regardless, I would enjoy seeing the other holidays extended for a couple of days as well.

Valentine's was extended out to 3 days. I think it was, 2 years ago?

C4.

Support! And I wouldn't mind a chance at a second helping (what when some people have hundreds of CB Weenies already biggrin.gif ).

Support from me! I don't really see any reason to limit them so heavily. Even just extending it to two days to allow more people a chance to grab their eggs would be nice.

While I'd definitely grab more if they dropped for longer, I don't think an extended drop is necessary.

For me, it's kind of nice that the rush is over in one day, and then I don't have to worry about it.

I'm not against, but I'm also fine with things as are.

On a side note:

If it ain't broke, why fix it? And it ain't broke!!!

I see this posted a lot in suggestions threads by a lot of different users (so not calling anyone out, just making a general comment!) and, even if I agree with the final say in this case, the reasoning always bothers me. Things can be improved even if they aren't broke.

>___>

<3

Definitely support it, but mainly for people with tighter schedules. Halloween is usually busy for many people. Work, school, parties, and treat-or-tricking with your kids/siblings. q__q

I would really like it to be extended to three days myself, but even two days would be much better than the current one day. A lot of users probably can't get on on Halloween proper, so adding that extension would relieve some of the pressure.

I like it the way it is for Halloween honestly, with just a one day drop.

If it were to change to a three day drop event, I would assume that the way it works for the other holidays would be implemented and we would get an egg limit of two and there would not be any 'double dipping' allowed.

Of course, the way I think I would be evil about it. I would do a one day Halloween drop on the 31st. All hail the great Hallow's Eve drop event. Surprise! November 1st is All Souls day, it is a seperate event, with a one time All Souls day release.

What a Halloween trick. Eveyone would have had a free-for-all the day before. have all the BSA's in place for their Hallow's Eve hatching ... Flood the AP for whatever you can with and get your All Souls egg. What a trick. Happy Halloween!