Imzadi

Extend Halloween drop

I support this suggestion. I would like to have a second batch of eggs to grab. I usually love the holiday releases. It would be good for people who are busy that one day, ike I will be on a plane for most of the day, with no internet access. I will have about 2 hours in the morning before the flight to try to get any eggs while on my phone, in Idaho, with spotty reception. I barely have internet over here, its terrible.

Personally: I love Halloween and I'd absolutely grab a second set! biggrin.gif Support!

Devil's Advocate: I remember last year a lot of people were complaining about the AP wall that lasted for a week after Halloween. This would only serve to extend that wall out and also mean an extra two days where people who aren't in to the holiday can't get any kind of non-holiday egg.

(Again, I personally love the holiday releases and wish the holiday wall could go on as long as possible so I can hoard even more lovelies laugh.gif but I'm already preparing for the complaints again this year when people are bored of Halloween eggs a week in to November)

Personally: I love Halloween and I'd absolutely grab a second set! biggrin.gif Support!

Devil's Advocate: I remember last year a lot of people were complaining about the AP wall that lasted for a week after Halloween. This would only serve to extend that wall out and also mean an extra two days where people who aren't in to the holiday can't get any kind of non-holiday egg.

(Again, I personally love the holiday releases and wish the holiday wall could go on as long as possible so I can hoard even more lovelies laugh.gif but I'm already preparing for the complaints again this year when people are bored of Halloween eggs a week in to November)

Devil's Devil's Advocate:

The "boring" can be solved by adding one line of non-Halloween eggs at the bottom of the AP, for those who don't want Holidays. There's already a suggestion for it.

Cheers!

C4.

I'd enjoy one extra day for people who can't get on for Halloween proper, but not enough to get a second go with Incubate.

I'd enjoy one extra day for people who can't get on for Halloween proper, but not enough to get a second go with Incubate.

I agree with this. Many people (myself included this year, unfortunately, unless I get very lucky) just can't make it on to grab stuff on the holiday itself, so a day extra would be very welcome for those.

^I find this to be a much better solution, myself. While I like having it so these dragons are only caught on their special holidays, I can understand an extra day for those who can't get any at that time. <3

Personally I'm a sucker for CB since I don't see the joy in other poeple's linaged stuff. If I collect swaps from other prize owners, its that, so that I have something from that prize since I can't have it CB. Otherwise only CBs for me.

I don't see an issue with people wanting to grab more eggs after they incubate. Also, some of us are adults, if we get wasted on the 31st and have to nurse hangovers the day after, an extra day to catch stuff would be nice. (Not an entirely real scenario, just meant for a laugh.)

As long as somewhere down the line people get a chance to get what fills them out of these holidays then I don't see the issue with it. Whether it be a single batch on the 31st or an extra batch after they get their fill on the 31st after using incubate. Especially by the time people decide to get a second batch, most everyone will have what they want/need and as such less competition. Really everyone acts like if a few people decide to hoard a little extra then the whole DC site will explode and the game will end.

I wanna be Satan's advocate and just say make all holiday dragons limitless with 3 day drops cuz why not? all the dragons ladies. Hate me ;D

I support universal 3-day Events: I love horse shows and feel that this time span would also suit for Halloween, lol.

People with small children may be spending the day/night before Halloween making/buying/organizing costumes/candy/getting ready for a kids party they may be holding and Holloween evening hosting a kids party/taking their kids out and checking over their goodies to be sure they're safe, while others may be travelling (as with a previous poster) or otherwise unable to access internet on Halloween. And like others, I'd love to have the opportunity to snag 2 scroll-fulls of whatever sprite we get. As has been pointed out some people manage to trade for very large amounts, which also means that the people trading have to do without in order to supply hatchies to whoever they're dealing with. This would make Halloween match the time-length of the other Holiday Releases and make the event more accessible to those with limited time/internet accessibility, as well as more fun for most.

Edit: just to add - PAIRINGS! We'd be able to get EVEN PAIRS! wub.gif

Edited by Syphoneira

+1 support for this.

I always tend to worry if I'll be able to get on on the day itself, and I know I can't be

the only one.

+1 support for this.

I always tend to worry if I'll be able to get on on the day itself, and I know I can't be

the only one.

I will be really pushing it this year because I want to get 21 bred eggs this year, giving the scramble for the new Halloweens very little time because of work. If people are worried others will get "second helpings" then just give the new Halloween dragons two days. That was if people somehow miss out on the first day, there's still a second chance for the next day.

This was just what I came here to say tongue.gif Compromise on a 2 day drop.

I get that the 1 day drop is to stop people grabbing a second helping- makes sense. But it's also very counter-intuitive as others have pointed out, that there's going to be more than double the takings of Halloweens vs other Holidays yet the drop time is a third of the other Holidays'.

I'd love to see the CB drop extended (more time to prowl the AP for nice lineages and hatch those I'm hoarding, mwahaha tongue.gif). Support!

Edited by stagazer_7

Going to mention this as some people are forgetting it. It's not just about incubate and eggs. It's also about when the hatchies grow up. I know I've been greedy before on Halloween and had to drop a hatchling so that I could get the new eggs as I had forgotten about my growing hatchies.

Going to mention this as some people are forgetting it. It's not just about incubate and eggs. It's also about when the hatchies grow up. I know I've been greedy before on Halloween and had to drop a hatchling so that I could get the new eggs as I had forgotten about my growing hatchies.

Good point. One of the "nice" things about the Cavern Lurker release (despite the weather making it truly horrible for those affected) was the couple of days' breathing space between the end of the breeding period for old Halloweens and the release of the new ones. No more old eggs were being produced, but those that wanted could stock up with lineages from the AP and get them hatched and get more of their hatchies grown up too. I could really go for something like that as a regular feature...

As one who is almost always offline on Halloween, I'd love to have drops go on for 3 days — for example, I will be offline this year until November 2… (I have hopefully arranged to get a full set of eggs this year, but I only got 2 Marrows, for instance, because of having to make arrangements to get them. And cavern lurkers was one of the few years where I would have been available on Halloween, and I only got four on the repeat date… In any case, we have a lot of generous users to cover this either way.)

The easiest way to avoid "second batches" but allowing other users to get eggs when they otherwise couldn't is limiting people to 7 CBs of halloween dragons for their release year, like the 2 limit for other holidays.

edit. oops I meant 7 not 8

Edited by Ashywolf

The easiest way to avoid "second batches" but allowing other users to get eggs when they otherwise couldn't is limiting people to 8 CBs of halloween dragons for their release year, like the 2 limit for other holidays.

No no no. Many of us trade to get loads. And why shouldn't we?

WHY is getting a 2nd batch so bad? That's what I'd like to know. Sure, you get more... Which increases those available... Which means the trade price of CBs goes DOWN, making them easier to get!

Cheers!

C4.

Agree with Fuzz here, no limits please! Halloween is all about being greedy and getting a ton of holiday dragons, so I don't see a problem with folks getting a 2nd batch of eggs. People trade to get dozens of CB's every Halloween anyway, so being able to grab a few more won't make a major difference - people who want to hoard Halloweens will find a way to do so, 2nd batch or not.

As long as the releases remain plentiful, extending the drop time shouldn't be a problem.

Agree with Fuzz here, no limits please! Halloween is all about being greedy and getting a ton of holiday dragons, so I don't see a problem with folks getting a 2nd batch of eggs. People trade to get dozens of CB's every Halloween anyway, so being able to grab a few more won't make a major difference - people who want to hoard Halloweens will find a way to do so, 2nd batch or not.

As long as the releases remain plentiful, extending the drop time shouldn't be a problem.

I second the emotion!

What's the problem with people getting a decent number of pairs (!) of Halloweens?

Oh man I would love this. I always try to get an even number of pairs of Halloweens every year, and if I had the chance to get 14 myself! That would be pretty awesome. I'm in favor of this happening, personally... as several users have pointed out, what's so bad about people grabbing as many Halloweens as they can get? As long as everyone has an equal chance to get a bunch, I don't see an issue with it.

I am completely in favor of this. As it stands, there are 6 breeds to collect for Halloween, and there will soon be a 7th. For all of the people who want to collect and a have a male and female setup from each breed, a week is already finding it to be difficult, and those of us that are just hoarders find it hard too. I agree that old dragons will still only be able to breed once in the period of time, and that newly picked up dragons from the AP will still be unable to breed until the holiday is over, But each time a new breed is added to collect on a holiday, it gets harder to collect a decent amount of those each year.

I think that it is the same as anything else. If something grows, then you grow with it. I feel that extending the times to breed and collect would be beneficial to all involved. It could even mean that a row of eggs is left for the non-holiday eggs, since there won't be as large a backlog.

Nope. I would prefer things to stay as they are. Not everybody wants to catch Halloweens. Three days are too many. Two days could be a compromise.