casprrr

ANSWERED:Special Leap Day Breeding

I've often thought that February 29 should be more than just another day. I think it would be super awesome if discontinued/retired dragons would be available, either as cave born or at least to breed true, every Leap Day. I understand that there is no hope of ever seeing the return of Bright Pinks sad.gif , but I seem to recall reading many months ago that the spriters weren't completely opposed to Frills being re-released. Making unobtainable dragons "obtainable" for one day every four years would ensure that there remains a mystique associated with the breed while allowing players who weren't around when these dragons were common a chance, albeit slim, to acquire one.

Not going to happen. As you say, Dolph made it quite clear she wasn't interested in the old pinks either way (SAD !) but Lyth has already said the Frills can be re-released when she's fancied them up a bit. Those are the only two, so what's the point.

Not going to happen.

Certainly not with that attitude.

But anyway, once every 4 years - even if it is 1 day more every 4 years than these dragons are currently available - is neither the most logical solution lore-wise nor the best. I don't believe bright pinks will ever be returning and Frills have a big IF sticker on their foreheads, but if it were me I'd be crusading for a re-release of Frills over a one-day breeding bonanza thing every 4 years. That's just me.

But anyway, once every 4 years - even if it is 1 day more every 4 years than these dragons are currently available - is neither the most logical solution lore-wise nor the best. I don't believe bright pinks will ever be returning and Frills have a big IF sticker on their foreheads, but if it were me I'd be crusading for a re-release of Frills over a one-day breeding bonanza thing every 4 years. That's just me.

biggrin.gif

But seriously - how could it ? Lyth has said Frills can come back and even has a thread where she was showing how she wants to fancy them up

https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=160838&hl=

- and asking for suggestions (I think it was closed in the end, but still) - and the Old Pinks seem to be totally out of the field. There were threads bagging for them to come back - I was in them all; I want them so. I am resigned to the fact that either TJ or Dolph has said no for ever.

The last crusade was stopped in its tracks when Lyth said "yes". That was over a year ago.

So I'd consider that a victory, only.... Well. *eyes Frills* *gives em a poke*

*sigh* still not multiplying...

But! I agree that this isn't the way to get them. The BPs are a lost cause, because Dove was extremely explicit that we from DC are NOT to contact them about BPs when that thread came up a year ago, and they never signed the artist agreement. We couldn't even get them in the raffles. As for the Frills, I'm still holding out hope that they will come back full time. I think Lyth's been mostly away recently....

Cheers!

C4.

If it were me I'd be crusading for a re-release [of Frills] over a one-day breeding bonanza thing every 4 years. That's just me.

I don't think BPs are ever coming back, but I am in this camp regarding the frills. I'd rather discontinued breeds be available all the time if they are going to come back.

Your opinion about the popularity of that thread is... an opinion. I happen to disagree.

This suggestion is different and concerns Leap Day.

I realise it was a different thread - but there's no chance of holidays showing up out of season. THAT even came up under the store idea. It sure as bleep won't happen on Feb 29th.

I think having something special for Leap Day is a fine idea. But. Not frills. Not Holiday dragons either.

I realise it was a different thread - but there's no chance of holidays showing up out of season. THAT even came up under the store idea. It sure as bleep won't happen on Feb 29th.

Everything is possible if TJ decides so. And with this, I'm logging out to avoid being less than diplomatic and getting a warning.

I think having something special for Leap Day is a fine idea. But. Not frills. Not Holiday dragons either.

I'm with you.

Maybe multiclutches for one day only ?

And whatever TJ might decide, I think holiday dragons out of season would be a rotten idea. biggrin.gif They are holiday dragons because HOLIDAYS !

I think coding something to happen one day every four years is superfluous. As well as other reasons mentioned in this thread, no support. ^^

I think coding something to happen one day every four years is superfluous. As well as other reasons mentioned in this thread, no support. ^^

Good point - but he could do something as a sort of one off event, like a specially special release...

Personally, I think doing *anything* with regards to obtaining dragons for *one* day every *four* years is a little.... Pointless. That's such a small window of time and such a long time to wait. I personally don't think many people would like getting the Frills back if it's *that* limited.

But as others have said, this kinda isn't needed. There are only two discontinued dragons. One has already been given the green light for a re-release, and one is never going to happen.

Frills and BPs aren't coming back, but perhaps a regular release on that day would be nice. That way, the dragon would always be available after, but something special would have still happened on it! After all, leap days are only once every 4 years.

Cheers!

C4.

I think releasing a dragon, new or rereleased, for one day would cause a lot of drama since many would miss it. But something more trivial like a badge could be fun.

I think releasing a dragon, new or rereleased, for one day would cause a lot of drama since many would miss it. But something more trivial like a badge could be fun.

A new permanent release is just that: permanent and is still available in CB version after, so I really don't see how that could cause drama.

Cheers!

C4.

Frills and BPs aren't coming back, but perhaps a regular release on that day would be nice. That way, the dragon would always be available after, but something special would have still happened on it! After all, leap days are only once every 4 years.

Cheers!

C4.

A regular release is a much better option IMO.

In 2012, I picked up a number of Leap Day eggs, and successfully Summoned my first GoN. I don't think I want to see a new release on that day because I'd rather do some follow-up breeding with my other Leap Year dragons, and maybe even finally Summon my third GoN.

Maybe a little event with a badge, but no release, please.

And I am still waiting for the eventual Return Of the Frills! wub.gif

Edited by dragongrrl

No support to it being a special breeding day for Frills or Bright Pinks. The sheer number of eggs that would be produced and either traded, gifted, or dumped to the AP would quickly make it just another organized Mass Breed event.

While I would love to see a return of the Frills - it doesn't bother me one way or the other (I have a Male, Female, and s2 hatchling so I'm happy). Bright Pinks - never liked them so I'm kind of glad that they're gone forever (save the ones sitting on peoples scrolls)

However, I would support it being a day with a special badge (one that's obtainable every 4 years - so if you miss it in 2016...you can get it again in 2020) OR if a special release of sorts was done on that day that adds a new egg to the cave permanently (though it would have to be a sneaky, mysterious, or rare* breed of dragon to fit with Leap Day)...Heh heh, it could even be the day the Frills are re-released if that's still something on the table. Another option (that would probably never happen in my wildest dreams) - a day where you have a chance to summon a 4th Guardian of Nature. :D

To sum it up:

As a day to be able to get Frills/B. Pinks from breeding: No support

As a day commemorated with a Badge and nothing else: support

As a day of a regular release: support

*By rare, I don't mean rare like CB Golds and Silvers, I mean a dragon that's just describe as being a rare sight (sort of like how Chronos Xenowyrms are describe as "the most elusive of all Zenowyrm subspecies")

Maybe a special leap day raffle ~ ?

Oh PLEASE not a raffle.....

I see no need to make a big deal out of leap days. An event every 4 years would just be strange.

A regular release that happens on a leap day would be neat and not very disruptive.

A badge would be fine, there have been badges that were only given out on a specific day before such as the carrot.

A raffle - NO. People freak out enough over the Christmas one, and we don't want those rare dragons to become too common.

Releasing retired dragons - again, NO. BPs are likely not coming back ever, if they aren't HM prizes I doubt TJ would let them breed true. As for Frills, I would much rather see them permanently re-released. And releasing old CB Holidays wouldn't make much sense lore-wise since they only breed during one specific month, plus only releasing them once every 4 years is very limiting.

No official event at all - We can make an event ourselves if we really want to. I've seen organized mass-breedings on the forums several times, maybe next leap day someone can set one up.