Vorgin

Dances with Men (A Werewolf tale)

unclear. I never had a ma. Please, explain. after a moment's thought she added, I wish to know, for when this breaks, I would like to be a mother. My own or take in strays, don't care. But I want kids.

"I'm not her, I could never describe how she cared for me for my early years..."

True she wrote and lay her head down. She made the motion that she was sleepy. After frowning for a minute, she wrote one more question. why did you let me stay with you?

You did not fear me as much as others did. she wrote immediately. You made sure I was comfortable. No others did so. Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

"...I see a living being with a bright future ahead of her, regardless of form."

She smiled at him before shifting slightly and falling asleep, liking that answer. She continued to sleep until daybreak. Her form once more blurring and shrinking to that of a wolf.

When she wakes, Luke is asleep on the ground, a campfire barely burning still. Dak sat on a branch and looked at her.

She yawned and got up, limping on three legs to gather sticks and stoke the fire. "morning Dak. How did you sleep? Or did you keep night watch on night's plutonian shore?" she jokes quoting the Raven from EA Poe.

Dak crowed, "Both. I slept most of the night until Luke decided to go to sleep. I wouldn't wake him yet, if you want to eat, he got some fish before the sun rose." The bird pointed a wing to a nearby branch where some fresh fish hung, there was a string Moon could pull to make them fall down to her.

Dak cawed, "Food is food... As a wolf you can at least eat raw food. Luke has to cook or he gets sick."

True she said softly and sniffed around. She dug up some roots and broke off a branch of huckleberries for Luke. He needs something other than fish. Then she set the still sleeping pup beside him once more and lay down beside the fire.

Luke slowly woke and smiled down at Jaku, "Heh, still out like a light... In a few days or weeks, it will be a challenge to get him to sleep."

He rolled his eyes, "You watch your tail. Your his mother now." He began to eat now.

I already knew that. she limped up to him and nipped at his hand. I got the roots and berries... your bird is only good at watching for things and stealing shinny stuff.

He smirked with a mock tone, "I already knew that." He laughed but the looked at her, "Now you need to rest that leg, let the herbs do the healing."

ever had a itch you can't scratch? If I stay still, I feel the urge to move. Although I think like a human and talk like one, I am still a wolf. We are nomadic by nature. You should know Mr. Traveler. Besides, I'm being careful not to put pressure on it. Would you feed Jaku please?" she limped off to the barrier he made and lay on the fur there.

Luke just rolled his eyes and smiled, and fed Jaku with the bottle. Dak cawed, "As you see, Luke is a lazy adventurer." Luke looked at Dak, then Moon, "He made fun of me, didn't he?"