Vorgin

Dances with Men (A Werewolf tale)

A romance 1x1 between Aroara and me... Again!

Name: Luke Scy

Looks: Here

History: Born intuned with nature, Luke has broken from civilization and make a living traveling in the wild with his trusty Raven, Dak. He is skilled in archery and a trusty survival knife.

((Request was to put it in the 1840s))

Edited by Dotzrus

All the 1x1s !

Name: Moon the name she calls herself. Haven winter

Looks: here by day the wolf, by night the woman

History: she isn't Aloud to say details, but she is cursed.

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

So off we start in the dark woods. Luke is making his way into new territory to him. The moon is in a crescent, making a dim glow over the dark wood. Luke's raven Dak comes back to earth and lands on Luke's shoulder. He sees a unusual shape in the thicket and investigates, only to see an opening in the forest, with a seemingly abandoned building. He smiled and patted the bird's head, "Seems we will have a room over our head tonight Dak." The bird simply made a low caw and balanced himself as Luke made his way to the building.

(Ment 1800. Western, old times sorry! Honestly it's up to you. You want an old bow and arrow fine with me. I'm just trying to keep the house to the time period))

The house was old, a long cabin mixed with brick. Inside it was dark, everything silhouetted, black on black. There was a living room with a fireplace, but any light in it wouldn't work. It seemed sparse, but there was a single rug, a table and a small lounge couch placed in front of the fireplace. There was a thick fur pelt, bear or something else across the back of it, folded neatly. There were stares leading up to the second floor, but it was far to dark and any light being brought up would flicker out three steps from the top.

Luke was fine with it being dark, he had hunted at night enough to at least get a view of his surroundings in the darkness. He carefully and quietly made his way inside, knife at the ready in case a predator had made dwelling inside before him.

((Let's make this easier on both of us. He can see her, fire lite can't touch her skin but she can't talk. Obviously he's waiting for something. I originally thought at night, he can't see her at all.))

A creek of a floor board. In a open door, by the dim light of the the crescent moon filtering in through the dinning room window, a woman stood in a simple white night dress. She looked ghostly with her creamy skin, her hair clearly dark... one can kinda see the red. The odd thing was her eyes. The glittered like a cats.... or a wolf, a pale yellow white. Stunning and piercing. She didn't move from behind the doorway that lead from the sparse living room to the sparse dinning area, where a small table and a single chair sat there looking lonely and detected, she just stood there and watched him silently.

Dak cawed loudly in the woman's direction, the warning made Luke spin around and ready his knife. His eyes attempted to adjust to look at the woman, but when he could tell she was human, he lowered his weapon. "Oh... Pardon me, I thought this place was empty. I did not mean to trespass." He lowered his head, "My name is Luke, I'm a Ranger."

The woman came forward a little and waved to the lounger. She held up one finger and pointed outside. She repeated it until he got she was trying to tell him that he can stay one night. She then strode gracefully, silently across the floor to the stairs and disappeared in the darkness on the second floor.

Luke blinked, "Uh... Thank you miss..." He did a slight bow before she left and then took off his pack. Going to the lounger, he laid back with a heavy sigh, Dak jumped off him and hopped over to the stairs and followed the girl. It wasn't long until Luke fell asleep. When Dak caught up to her, he cawed lightly.

She held out her hand for him to perch on and took him to her room, a wide window let in lots of light, a wide four poster bed with a canopy, covered with various furs and blankets. Furs covered her floor, mostly stitched rabbit pelts. She sat on the bed, looking out at the trees and sky before turning her attention to the bird and strokes his head lightly. It would be a little while longer before the sun came up.

Opening her balcony door she let the raven hop onto the banister where she had a bird feeder filled with wild sunflower seeds and apple seeds corn and a few bits of wheat. She let him eat as she crawled under her covers dosing but not really sleeping.

Dak Ruffles his feathers at her touch and cawed happily as he was gifted with food. When he was done and saw her go into her bed, he floated back down to Luke and rested next to the lounger until they woke up later.

"She let you stay for the night. Now it's time for you to leave. " a woman's voice sounded in front of him, but when he woke up, it was a wolf he saw. Vibrant unnaturally red fur turning cream on her lower legs and belly. Her eyes still the pale yellow, more dramatic now outlined in the black of the wolf's eyes. He didn't have to know about her other side.

The wolf in question "spoke" by opening her mouth. Although her lips never formed the words, her voice was clear, although some slight growls jarred her words, making them hypnotic and frightening.

Luke opened his eyes and his hands went for his knife which he held between him and the wolf in question, Dak also was surprised and flapped up, cawing loudly. "What the hell? What the hell are you?!" He held his knife steady, he had dealt with Wolves before, but a talking one was new to him.

The wolf laughed, throwing her head back and shaking her head. "A rock is smarter than a man! I am a wolf!" She snapped at him with a growl. "You never seen a wolf before? How rude of you to point a knife at me in my own home! Don't you know I can rip off your hand? I will if you don't lower that thing!" Her snarl jarred her words more now as she bore her fangs and glared at him.

His hand was firm and did not move, "Wolves do not talk... And this home belongs to the woman upstairs. Either you are a demon or a evil spirit in the form of a wolf... I will not lower my protection."

The wolf grew silent, her ears turning back slightly, lips covering her teeth once more. Her eyes seemed sad, her voice hurt and bitter. "Go upstairs and see for yourself. Have your raven lead you to the women's bedroom. I am the only other living thing here. There is no woman here, only a...demon ." she turned her back to him facing the fireplace, now alive and burning well. "Leave me in peace." She said quietly gazing into the fire place, her back still to him.

Luke blinked in confusion. He went upstairs and saw that no one was there. He then remembered the woman's eyes, how they matched the wolf's. Coming back down he lowered his knife, "That was you... You let us stay the night... How did you change like that?" Dak jumped down and stood in front of the wolf, a soft chirp to her.

The only thing that was a sign that the woman wasn't a dream was her shift across the bed. "That I can not say." she said, looking softly at the bird and nosed him lightly. "What is his name?"

Luke looked at her with confusion and slight pity, "His name is Dak, he's been at my side since I found his egg abandoned in a nest right before a snake ate it... and what do you mean you cant say? Do you not know?"

"A nice name... I do know. But I can't say why or how. If you want to know, you must find out for yourself." she moved from the living room to the dinning room and around the corner. "Sometimes things are too painful to say."

Luke's gaze followed her as she moved, "...can I at least know your name? You were very kind in letting us stay over night." By now he sheathed his knife and physically relaxed.

"Call me what you will. I call myself Moon." she said as she left the home out a hole covers by a thick leather flap in the door. She had to eat, and to eat she had to hunt. She didn't worry about the man in her home. There was nothing to take, and he should be gone by the time she got back.

Luke saw her leave and thought to himself, he then turned to Dak, "Dak, Follow." He pointed at Moon. Dak cawed and took to the air, disappearing into the trees. Luke then took his own way the opposite direction Moon went.

Moon trotted for a long while before coming to a hole trap she dug. Peeking inside, she found a fox trying to scramble out. She snagged a vine and pulled up a little platform inside the hole. It lifted the fox out and as soon as it started running she dashed after it, dropping the woven platform back in the hole. Within moments, she had her quarry in her jaws and brought the fox back setting it on the porch before heading in a different direction, and soon following a doe. This she ate right away, devouring as much as she can.

When she returns the 2nd time, Luke is sitting on the porch, shaving a piece of wood, sharpening the tip. He is humming and old tune, and as Moon returns, Dak comes into view and lands on his shoulder.

Edited by Dotzrus