Vorgin

Dances with Men (A Werewolf tale)

Four days had passed. The days grew shorter, nights longer. She was getting better at her writing, and started a journal in her new notebook. She still fumbled with the utensils but she was picking it up quickly. She was a fast learner.

Now she was playing with pup as a human, having on thick clothes to keep warm and a fur cloak, it was nearly seven o'clock and it was already sunset. Pup had grown bigger a little, and was getting a thick winter coat. He was adventurous and spirited. Haven had made him a little collar out of some braided hide so if the grey pup ran off someone would think it was a dog not a wolf.

Luke had also acquired heavier cloths, his skills were polished as he hunted for them. Every once and awhile we would ask the two wolves to come hunting with him, teaching the pup about tracking and stalking, skills he would need if he would be an Alpha. Dak continue survey and recon, telling them the best campsites, nearby towns, and berry patches.

Jaku was fetching a bone haven threw over the wall made for her, although now she pitched it in a tent. The inside was thick and made like a den with a nest of furs she helped make and since the fireflies quickly went away, she used glow worms she found in caves and iridescent moss for a lite to sew and not by. She made most of Luke's warmer clothes before practicing with her pen in her journal.

Luke entered the tent, "Evening Haven... I'm going into town tomorrow, is there anything you need?"

more pencils, some spools of thread, yarn, a handful of buttons, needles, and a book. I would like you to read to me again. It's getting chilly. Pick one you like. I'll make a bed for you so you can stay out of the cold wind. Stay safe and warm. I made you gloves and knitted a scarf for you. she tore off the list and handed it to him. She smiled a little as she handed him the soft fur lined gloves that fit the fingers and a scarf made of died wool his favorite color.

Luke chuckled, "Man, you really know how to give a man presents. Thank you Haven. Dak will come with me and then come back to tell you that I arrived at the town safely. Anything for our growing Alpha?"

Haven tilted her head. Jaku was starting to hunt on his own and quickly fending for himself although it'll be some time before he moves on. She shook her head on that. There wasn't any she could think of. She turned back to her journal, hiding it's contents from him as she carefully penned words trying to get better at her penmanship.

Luke nodded, "Alrighty I'll be off in the morning... Good night." He patted Jaku on the head going to his bed before going to sleep.

Luke left at first light. Around noon, Moon could hear the crowing of Dak overhead.

Moon was up and trotting around to warm up, throwing more wood on the fire to keep it hot. "Dak! dak is he safe? i was thinking about checking out some caves, see if there is one nere by that we can get out of the cold in." She called up to the sky trying to search the trees for any sign of the bird.

Dak flapped down and landed next to her, "Yes he's safe. The town seems like a fishing village by the lake. Nice place, nice people."

"Good. That means a surplus of traders, he'd get the items I want for cheep. Jaku, watch the den. Mama is going hunting. Dam you go keep an eye on Luke please it gets darker early and I worry for his safety..." she nosed the pup who trotted around camp and watched it while moon went out and hunted and looked for a cave to sleep in.

Dak crowed in acknowledgement and flew off.

Luke was in the town market looking around.

Emily was in this town too. she was holed up in a tavern for the winter, selling her artwork.

Moon found a suitable cave and went back to wait for dusk so she could leave a note for Luke. she played with the pup.

Luke came into the tavern, his bought items in the his bag. He bought a room for the night and sat at the bar. At the same time, Dak flew I and on his shoulder.

Moon wrote a note saying where she was and where to find the cave as she moved the things to the cave setting up the tent in the cave. when the nigte drew on and she didnt see him, she hesitated before dressing in thick clothes and a deep hooded cloak and set out for the town.

emily sat down beside him. "Nice to see you here! why hello dak.." She fed the bird a bit of bread.

Luke smiled, "Oh, hello there. I wasn't expecting you to be here. Still being artsy?" Dak ruffled his feathers.

Emily nodded. "You still running around playing wild man? "

Haven had on thick gloves and her face hidden. Her feet was bear and she couldn't feel the cold anymore. She headed into town and stuck to the shadows, as she came in the tavern, she was glad it was dimly lit.

Luke smirked, "If I don't do it, who will... But in reality I'm traveling with a good friend. She helped me out, so I'm giving her the nature life experience."

Emily tilted her head. "Oh? are you close to her? " she ashed as a new cloaked figure sat down on the other side of Luke. Haven listed intently pointing a gloved hand at lukes mug and pointed to herself indicating she'd have the same thing he has.

Luke nodded, "I think we are close... And it turns out... Even closer now... Hello Haven... I though you were going to wait for me..." He smiled at her. "Emily this is Haven. Haven, this is Emily, the artist I told you about. Haven is a mute just so you know, so she need to write down her words."

Evening. You took so long. I got worried. Found a cave to stay in. I can head back if you want a night. she wrote.

Emily waved to the woman who hid her face in the cloak.