Vorgin

Dances with Men (A Werewolf tale)

This time she bit his ankle I am not some dog! I'll refuse to wear a caller like some common pet! she huffed kicking up dust at him like he was something unpleasant and trotted over to her new wall laying behind it

Luke cringed as she it him, "Unfortunately that is your cover in case you get hinted again..."

Luke pulled some things from his bag and set them out. There were some sharpening stones and a piece of flint. Two extra containers for food or water, A lot of their previous meat he took to get dried for the trip, some string for his bow and for fishing, and a ball.

Jaku tried to fit the ball in his tiny mouth but moon took it and started a game of keep away with the pup, prancing around as the little klutz attempts to follow, falling on his nose most of the time.

Luke smirked, "We have plenty of bones to chew on too. Next time I'll get a rope to play tug-o-war."

Well that sounds nice... now about dinner? Are you going to start it? It'll be dusk. Any clothes you have torn set behind the wall and I'll fix them for you. she told him as she gathered sticks. Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

Luke smiled, "I'll do that. And I'll have dinner set up. Just keep the fuzz ball under control."

will do. she took the ball and ran around until dusk and went behind the wall shifting. She had donned a huge cloak that covered her face and body in shadow, pulled so low the fire couldn't touch her. She lured the pup away with a stick and played until he passed out and went behind her wall to work on the clothes she needed to patch up for him. She hesitated when her stomach complained but she looks around like a animal made the sound and continued working.

Luke heard and laughed, bring over a warm stew of meat, rice, and herbs. He sat next to her and have her a small package, "I lied, there was one more thing I wanted you to have. Open it." Inside was a leather bound journal, a pad of paper, and a set of pencils, one ink pen. "The journal is for your own using, the paper pad will let you make and leave notes around if you don't want to write stuff on the ground all the time. Besides continuing to work on penmanship is never a bad idea.

Edited by Dotzrus

She took the stew and set it aside to cool before looking at him curiously and taking the package. She tilted her head and opened it. She rubbed her eyes and sniffed like she was going to cry but blinked rapidly to hold back the tears. Picking up a pencil and writing on the pad in a loopy scrawl, her hand trembling and unsure how to rehold the writing implement again, she wrote: Thank you. It is very kind of you. She then did something shocking; she hugged him. She held him for a moment sniffing again and rubbing her eyes as she pulled away to finish a patch job and then attempt to eat, but like the pencil, she didn't remember the correct way in holding a spoon. The soup threatened to make a mess with her trembling unsure fingers.

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

Luke laughed and smiled, "No need to thank me. You deserved this. Letting me in your house, saving me from the hunter... This gift isnt even worth the debt I owe you."

She showed him a ghost of a smile on her thin pale lips as she attempted to take another sip and dropped her spoon in the bowl. She set the soup aside and picked up another shirt to stitch up, ignoring another complaint from her belly. She would be able to hold the utensil and thus couldn't eat until morning. She can wait for that.

Luke frowned, "Hey... you can't just ignore eating. You need the energy, you still aren't at 100% since you were shot. Come on now." He holds up the bowl to her with the spoon. "Dont make me feed you myself."

She pulled her new notebook to her and wrote again in it. I can't hold the spoon. I don't remember how. I barely remember how to hold a pencil. she looked up at him, her thin brows creased slightly in worry and frustration. I can wait until morning. Thank you though for the stew. she set the pad aside and continued working in the light of the fireflies.

Luke gave a stern look. He moved closer to her and took a spoon full of stew and held it to her mouth, "Eat it. I'm not going to travel around with you if you refuse to eat when you need it. Now open up." He wasn't tryin to be aggressive, but he knew this was best for her. Her pride and stubbornness meant nothing if she was starved.

Haven looked at him, taken aback by his actions and took a bite from the spoon. She ate as long as he fed her, a blush across her nose in embarrassment in needing such childish treatment. She at one point tried to take the spoon and feed herself but proceeded to drop it on her lap and she huffed in irritation.

Luke smiled, "Look, I don't you don't like this, but this is between you and me. No one is going to laugh at you or make fun of you. You need nourishment, day and night. Alright? I just want you to be healthy, because I care."

She flushed even more pink and fumbled with the pen. I took care of myself for very long time. Not used to having someone care for me. Teach me to eat again as a human? She wrote the question, then wrote another on the pad below that one. Say my name please? she looked down and his her face in a curtain of red hair at this.

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

Luke nodded, "In due time Haven... in due time. Right now, eat and get some rest. We can begin lessons when you are next in human form."

Haven continues eating until it was finished and she lay down to sleep. She hugged her gift to her chest keeping it away from the pup as she relaxed and fell asleep.

Luke put a blanket over her before going back to the fire and sleeping by it.