Vorgin

Dances with Men (A Werewolf tale)

((Yes))

Moon got up and was drinking at the stream feeding the pup and cleaned him. She then nosed Luke awake, pawing at him. get up lazy."

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

Luke grumbled, "As long as I get us our meals, your the lazy one..." He rolled away from her.

Edited by Dotzrus

She padded away and came back dropping a rabbit on him. I thought men like to do the hunting. Don't want you to be upstaged by a female now. Get up!" she barked at him setting a few sticks in the fire stokeing it so he can cook the rabbit.

Luke grumbled again and yawned, getting up. "Fine... Dak is the lazy one... He doesn't even bring back berries..." Dak crowed at the comment, though a laugh in Moon's ears.

He does bring back barries, just in his belly!" she chucked out she trotted over to the pup and coaxed him to stumble along a few steps. She was very tender around the pup. I wonder, why a man like you in your prime never settled down? Don't you miss your family?

"I do miss them, but it's hard to go to people who aren't alive anymore." Luke began to cook the rabbit.

"Nature and the outdoors are my home... and whats the point of living outside if I can't see ALL of it."

You make a valid point but there is more to settling down then having a home. you eat. i won't be hungry for a while. after all i am just a wolf.... she said. she gathered a bit more sticks and set him in charge of the pup while she wondered. she needed a run and she hadn't had a good run in a long while.

Luke sighed as she left, "I would think your more than JUST a wolf..." He took the pup and held it up. "You're a cute little guy."

"Hehe, you are a cute guy." He places him on the ground and gets on the ground with him, playing with his paws using his fingers.

He growls trying to bite at him and get his tiny mouth around his hands. A gun shot rang out and a streak of red shot into the camp skidding behind Luke panting heavily. Shouting is herd. hunters... they wouldn't hurt my pup.. she snarled loudly lowering herself over Jaku dragging the still playing puppy beneath her.

Luke got up and grabbed his bow, "Which way are they coming from?" He had an arrow ready, even though he knew a gun could easily beat his bow.

south. From the mountains. just then two men ran into the clearing, one with a revolver the other with a cross bow, both with racoon hats and beards looking like trappers.

"I'd get away from that there wolf. Their dangerous this time a year..." "look it there Mike.. her fur is perty. A lady pay lots for that color..." the one with the crossbow muttered to his revolver wielding buddy. Moon snarled loudly and backed away holding Jaku in her mouth ready to run.

"Hold off there, this be my hunting wolf-dog. Killing her is killing my property. I'm a ranger around here." He lowered his bow, "We wouldn't want the law involved now would we?"

"There ain't no ranger around here! Where's yer papers?" One said sharply. "I think we should listen to the man Mike. She did run to him. " "I didn't ask for yer opinion James! I'm training you. You do what I say...." his partner snapped back.

Moon watched them slipping further away. Inching to the north of the camp.

"You don't need papers to be a ranger, you need skills. And even if I wasn't, the wolf-dog is still mine. I can prove it."

"Oh really? Do so, cuz I don't believe yah." Mike said folding his arms. Moon looked at Luke. What was his plan? She was bleeding from a wound in her flank, and her adrenaline rush was giving out. Soon she'll collapse from exhaustion.

"...Moon... come here, and sit." Luke knelt down and held his hand to her. His eyes telling her to hang in there.

Moon moved slowly to him and sat awkwardly, whimpering as she put pressure on her flank. She watched the hunters wearily and tried to remain from collapsing on Luke.

"Telling it to sit is nothin. For all I know you can entice a wolf to you with a hunk of meat. " Mike said gruffly.

"Does it like like I have a hunk of meat? Moon, shake." He held his hand to her. He whispered to her, "If he doesnt buy it after this... I'll deal with them."

Moon over exhausted herself. She shook his hand before collapsing with a low whimper. Her legs folding under her weight. Mike looked impressed but still skeptical. "So a few basic tricks. If it was your hunting dogs, you would have had it fetch something for you. Shoot a duck or bird and have her bring it to you." He said.

Luke snapped at him, "I would if you didn't hurt her!! Now back off!!" Luke went to bandage the injured she-wolf. "It's okay Moon... I got you..."