Vorgin

Dances with Men (A Werewolf tale)

Moon closed her eyes and let him bandage her up. A click of a gun sounded. Moon was on the man biting his arm as he fired it, the bullet spraying dirt on Luke as it landed a few feet in front of him. Moon stood over the now screaming man until Luke told her to heel, and that she did. "Aye... she's.. your mutt alright.. ah!..... fast sucker she is....... clever too.." he ground hiding what he was really intended to do by his comments. Shoot the man, you have the wolf. But the wolf proved have a second wind when Luke was threatened. Now she stood on three legs snarling and snapped her jaws until her saliva frothed, making the two men stagger away, well one crawling away with a mauled broken arm .

Luke blinked in shock, but then slowly got up with his bow. "...just leave... please just go away now."

The men stagger away leaving them aloe. moon collapsed again. don't read into that. you were the only thing standing in between them killing me. she said weakly. she ran several miles at a dead sprint to get here. and that's when the men shot her. they left their horses behind before they came into the camp.

"...just rest now, I got you both now..." He took the pup and put him into his hood, he then took Moon when she was bandaged and carried her to their camp.

"Heh... I know..." By the time she woke up, it was night. Luke had a campfire up to keep them warm with a small wall blocking the light from hitting Haven. She had a fresh banadge on with some medical herbs to stop infection. Luke was cradling the pup but he was asleep himself. Next to Haven was a lantern full of fireflies.

Edited by Dotzrus

((Wait... she's still a wolf? Because that's permanent. That means she can't be human at all or talk at all. She's just a wolf. The spell can't be broken or is really difficult to break if she forgets her human shape... by night she's more animal now. By day still remember her human reasoning, but it's gone in a week. Leaving only a animal.

Might as well end it now because she can't return human if she is fully beast. ))

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

((I thought she just stayed a wolf if there was fire light on her during the night and that getting out of the light would make her human, you never said that it would make the curse permanent...

Regardless, I'll edit.))

Edited by Dotzrus

((I thought I did. Sorry xl))

She had shifted back. Her image seemed to blur and stretch into that of a woman. It was painless for her, and the bandage moved with the wound to her thigh. . She woke slightly wincing as her leg hurt, and pulled a piece of hide around her to cover her body, having not slipped in a shift. She lay still looking at the fireflies in the jar mesmerized by their dance before seeking out Luke. She spotted him, with Jaku twitching his paws and half nomming on his thumb as he slept.

Luke lightly snored, a blanket to keep them warm. A crow was heard overhead as Dak swooped down and landed by the firefly jar.

Haven stretched out her hand to the bird and strokes his chest. She shifted a little and gasped as she bent her leg wrong. Pulling the hide tighter around her she sighed and once again looking at the fireflies.

Dak fluffed his feathers and flew over to Luke and starting pecking his head. Once he woke he looked over to the woman, "Oh, your awake." He got up and went over to her, still holding Jaku.

Haven looked up him and gave him a half smile. She pointed to her leg and made a face that clearly ment it hurt. She reached out for the still sleeping Jaku waving for him to give the pup to her.

Luke gave the pup to her, and then got to work making the bandage fit her leg. "Better?"

Edited by Dotzrus

"I'm fine... You stuck with me until you had nothing left to give... I admire that. I'm sorry you were in danger like that... I guess you need to stop making runs out from here on." He smiled at her and sat next to her when he was done, the fireflies bright enough that they could see eye to eye.

"Heh, I'm more of an animal guy I guess... Wasnt very good with human babies. Things like wolves and birds were easy for me."

Edited by Dotzrus

why not? she wrote. I'm not going anywhere. Spill. Or I bite your hand. she raised a slender eyebrow, holding him in her startling gaze. my папа wasn't good either when ma died. Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

She smiled and would have giggled if she wasn't mute. no man starts out knowing. Nor woman. Ma a mail order bride from Russia. None knew how to raise a child. Pa raise me fine with ma gone.

"Heh... That's nice... My father taught me to hunt and camp, mom taught me to cook and sew... Then the rest I learned from old Rangers."

what was she like? she asked. She, who never had a mother wanted to know. And perhaps there was a little curious about the rugged mountain man's childhood.