Vorgin

Dances with Men (A Werewolf tale)

He'll be strong enough to start his own pack. If not,I could use a guard dog." she said as she hooked the basket to her pack so it swings beside her. She was sniffing everything she saw as they left her territory.

"Ha! A guard dog, that's funny. I'm waiting for the day I rescue and raise a bear cub, then no one would mess with us.

"Stick around long enough and you and the fluff ball here could be part of 'us'." He walked a casual pace.

"Your going by gender? The pup is looks about two weeks old... And Dak is a bird... So of men and woman, it's one to one."

She leapt up on a log. "I am more animal then human, so no. The ratio of male to female is three to one. If you live six years every day as a wolf you'd understand. At night, one sleeps, so there isn't a whole lot of time I am the woman. Besides, I can't speak in that form. "

"A man told me that actions speak louder than words. Besides, I know some nocturnal people. It's a livable lifestyle." They came up to a small river in which Luke pulled out his bow. He quickly fired an arrow into the water, and then another. Pulling out the arrows, two large mouth bass were dead, one on each arrow.

"so you're saying i act human?" she said as she shimmied out of her pack and went into the river, snapping at some fish, but only ended up getting wet. "I say you are-" Splash! "-A magician with that skill! darn things.. slippery!" she came out and shook herself off laying in the sun. "Its time to feed Jaku. could you get a bottle from the pack for me?" Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

Luke laughs and grabs the bottle. "Magic is cheap. I prefer doing things myself."

"What do you mean? Magic is quite complex like this -" it cut off and all that was herd was wolf noises. She sighed took the bottle and lay on it hitting the spot with her tail where he should put the pup.

"Remember when I said I can't say anything about how I became to live like this? That happens when I do. I loose the ability of speech for a moment." she said as she fed the pup. Laying her head between her paws she sighed. "I will be digging a den so the fire wouldn't touch my skin at dusk. If it does, I can't speak at all."

"It's okay. I know enough that you don't need to explain. Let's just focus onwards." Dak flew back and cawed three times. "Three miles to a spot he thinks would make a good camp site"

She nodded and cleaned Jaku's mouth and picked him up setting him in the basket and carried the bottle in her for the tree miles. She dug a hole facing away from his intended campsite and gathered sticks for his fire before disappearing and then was a woman walking back to the stream to clean the bottle.

Luke looked to the woman and smiled, "I'm happy that Mage wasn't cruel and made you transform naked, Haven."

She froze at the name. Startled she looked at him her hand on her chest. Then she looked around picking up a stick and wrote in the dirt. He did, and under that, my name. I 4got my name. mouthing it but no sound came out. Haven. Her name. So many years of lacking usage caused her to forget about her own name.

Luke looked at her with a smile. "It's a unique and nice name... I could call you that more if you like... Unless you prefer Moon... I won't mind either."

"...Haven it is..." Luke sat down by the dark camp. Dak sat by the fire that faced away from them.

She still moved away from the fire lite deep in the shadow of the trees. No glow can touch her skin. She looks out at the forest, not really the best conversationalist when she can't really talk.

Luke ended up laying back and staring at the stars blended in with the tree branches. "...tonight reminds of the night before I met you... Dak and I were tracking a mountain lion that was concerning the locals. We tracked it to a high peak were we found its cave. Heh, the mother had six cubs. SIX! No wonder she was stealing scraps and killing livestock. I turned down the job and killed a deer, throwing it outside the cave. Dak confirmed to me that they are it once I left."

She wrote again, her eyes still wolfish thus able to see at night better then he can, although she didn't know if he can read her words in the dark. most would kill lion for money. You different from others. Dak right about you.

She nodded and looked up at the stars. She enjoyed the silence and the sounds of the forest at night. Getting up she walked, well, more like gilded across the ground. She didn't know what else to say.

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf