Vorgin

Dances with Men (A Werewolf tale)

Luke smiled and rubbed her ears when she slept. "Heh, I know you would be perfect for me... I just dont know if I'm the one for you..."

Three days pass as Moon and Luke are on the road. Luke decided to go into the town for a supply restock and nothing more. It's high noon and they are heading North.

Moon had convinced dak to snag a ribbon from a woman's hair and fly to Luke with it when they are in town. She stayed in the camp guarding Jaku who has grown a little and moved more. He even started to chew on things. When of course played tug a war with the pup using a long stick.

Luke frowned, "Dak, what are you doing? You aren't to steal things." Dak just cawed in Luke's face loudly.

A frizzy brunette woman came running out to him holding a notebook and a pencil in her ear. Her hem of her dress was tattered and thin from traveling. She huffed at the bird. is He your bird? I just so happen to pick the one raven around here that's owned. I draw wild animals... could I have my ribbon back please sir? she said firmly like she was used to seeing men like him.

Luke nodded, "I'm terribly sorry about that... Dak..." Dak jumped off and went to the woman's feet, dropping the ribbon for her.

Luke smiled, "It's alright. Do you mind Dak?" The Raven crowed and flew to a nearby small tree. He perched on a branch and sat there for his drawing.

She smiled and finished her drawing him. She showed the bird her drawing. "There's a handsome bird in my book now. Thank you air.. um.. may I get your name? "

He nodded, "Just call me Luke. And that is Dak." Dak flew down onto Luke's shoulder. "Sorry about him taking your ribbon, I hope it wasn't too much of a bother."

"Oh... Sorry but I'm not staying long. I'm currently traveling a lot. This is pretty much a hit and run trip."

"Oh. I travel too to get animal sightings... but I'm here for a while before I leave again. Well, thank you Luke. Good day.." she said before she headed off slowly looking at the trees for birds to draw.

Moon paced the camp, the pup trotting after her trying to get her tail, and ends up getting it due to her still slight limp although it was healing it still was sore.

Luke came into camp and unloaded the supplies, Dak flew over to Moon to update her on what happened.

She grinned and trotted up to him. anything happen in town? What took you so long, I was worried about bears eating your sorry hide! she chided much like a friend would, a huge improvement since they first met. She trusted him more each day.

Luke looked at her with a blank stare. She wasn't usual this interested. Then it hit him. "You... Both of you. You set Dak up for that!" Dak cawed in his ear. Luke sighed, "You two are a piece of work..."

Moon let out a wheezing laugh. Did it work pretty boy? Dak told me about it, I simply told him to look for traveling clothes. so, what was her name? i want to hear it from you now.. she cackled.

Luke grunted, "Emily was a nice girl who liked to draw animals... That's all. I don't some silly wolf to matchmake me."

She huffed and nipped his leg. I am not some silly wolf! I have a brain and teeth you know! she said in mock outrage and huffed again. your socks need darning and your shirts mending. I'll fix them tonight when I have thumbs. A little raskle got into your bag when I took my eyes off of him for two seconds. You ... May need to make more arrows too...

Luke sighed, "Arrows are easy, but I'm going to hang my bow in a tree branch from now on..."

that would be a good idea. Now, what did you get? Anything for me? she asked. I'm only kidding, a wolf wouldn't need anything. I got some rabbit and a wild onion for dinner tonight. A stew for you may be good. It is getting chilly for humans.

Luke shrugged, "I don't mind the cold. But I'll make something from that. I was considering getting you a collar." He laughed.