Vorgin

Dances with Men (A Werewolf tale)

Luke nodded, "Don't mind the cloak, Haven is very sensitive to light. It's a skin condition... Nothing contagious."

"Fascinating! It must be hard to sit by the campfire then. " Emily said and Haven did a 'so so" motion with her hand before writing in a flourish, Well, I'd leave you two alone to get...acquainted with each other. I'd take Dak and leave. Be at the cave by afternoon tomorrow or i'd drag you back by the bow string. She took Dak and left leaving the note pad and pencil there. Upset about something but her leaving it there was her way of saying she wasn't going to speak to him. Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

Luke sighed and took the pad and pencil. "...I really should help her back to our camp... I'm glad to see you again, but I got to go..."

"Why? you got a room here and she made it here herself. she seems to be the type of woman who can take care of herself. Is it because she left the pad here?" Emily asked frowning.

Haven snapped off a branch and whipped it around as she let Dak fly ahead as she tromped threw the forest. she reached the cave and went into her tent curled up and sighed.

"It's because she seemed upset... And I don't want her all alone out there when she is like that." He stands up, "She's my responsibility anyway..."

"You say that like she is a dog..." emily put in as she watched luke get ready to leave.

Haven pulled the note book close to her as she began to write:

Why? Why am I so jealous of this girl if he is to pay attention to another woman what is it my business? This Emily is quite beautiful even in the dark of the tavern. She can show her face in the sun and isn't cursed like me. She is talented, where as i can barely wright let alone any conversations i have with him is threw a pad and paper. Oh how i long to have my voice again! It was the bane of all men to hear such a lark sing. The nights grow and i am more as a human but this time it feels different. i no longer wait around and mope, but enjoy the company of the man who let me tag along.

It also saddens me, come spring time Jaku would leave us. He needs his own though... Luke needs his own. I should just head back home in the spring. That's what i'd do. I've bothered him enough.

Haven Winters

Luke sighs, "No... She is much more than that. And she deserves more than that... Sorry, like I said it was good to see you again." He gets up and heads for the door.

He left emily looking confused.

Haven had made dinner for herself, a thin stew of melted snow and tough salted meats. It had little flavor but she didn't know where luke kept his cooking supplies. At least she was eating. jaku was off wondering and she lost track of dak. She lay and watched her glow worms move around the jar debating going to sleep or walking around.

Luke quickly made his way to the camp. Dak flew down and pointed him to her. Once he gathered his things, he went to the cave. "Haven? Haven you there?"

Throwing a bone outside it was how she let him know she was there. She couldn't answer him. She put away her journal and stepped out of the tent with her jar of glow worms casting a eerie greenish yellow glow on her face, the fire was far enough away so her little corner was in darkness.

He walked towards her, placing the pad and pencil she left behind into one of her pockets. He stands a foot in front of her, looking at her directly, "Haven... I don't know exactly what you are feeling... If something was wrong with what either of us were doing... But let me tell you how I feel." He takes her hand, "Haven... I really like you. The woman, the wolf... You. I don't care if this is going to cause issues or problems, but I'm willing to endure them all, for you."

Haven held his hand looking like she was going to cry. hugging him for a moment she pulled back and pulled out the pad writing: I don't understand these feelings. I do in a way, but i guess im not quite ready to accept them just yet. I was jealous of that woman... i thought you wanted to stay the night with her. she wrote and leand against him with a sigh.

He read the note with a smile. He took her hand again, "No... I couldn't... Every time I saw her, I thought about you... How I couldn't leave you, I didn't want to. Haven, these days with you made me enjoy your company. Your a wonderful person. You care like a mother, you treat me well as a friend... I know your heart has so much more love to give. Let me give you mine too. Moon, Haven... I accept you for who you are, I don't want you to leave, and I won't leave you."

Haven smiled and put a hand on his cheek before writing another short note. I would stay. For you. To explore these feelings more. If you don't mind. She blushed, leaning her hand against his hand.

He smiles, "Thank you... Heh, now Dak can stop pulling girls in by their bows..." He sat down and motioned for her to sit next to him. "We are in this together now. No more fear or doubt."

Haven sat beside him and nodded. She leans against him and sighed happily. She pointed to the gloves and scarf he had on and looked at him wondering if the gifts proved useful.

Luke smiled, "The clothing you made? They are wonderful. Perfect fit and not too warm that I swear. Your very good at making clothing."

She mouthed the word Thank you and pointed to the pot cooking. Pulling out her pad again. Dinner may be a bit tasteless but i tried. You are a better cook then i am. My father was a tailor so of course i am good at making clothes.

Luke smiled and took a taste of the meal. He added a few spices and dug in. "Anything is good with the right spice. Good thing I restocked. I can teach you to cook if you want."

Three days pass and the group has gone further north. After admitting his feelings, Luke has spent much more time with Haven and Jaku, helping them with any learning they might need, play fighting with Jaku, and then helping Haven at night with writing and cooking.

Haven made a little bird house lined with soft stuff for dak to keep warm. She hid away to work on a gift for Luke. Since he told her his feelings she was more comfortable around him and cuddled with him more. At one point she kissed his cheek.

Luke stood up as she walking away, "Where you going to Haven?" He was obvious to the gift.

Dak poked his head out and cawed.

Luke smiled and went over to the pup, "Look how big you have been getting!!" He takes hold on half of the thick rope he bought and began to play tug-of-war.