Vorgin

Dances with Men (A Werewolf tale)

After a week, the two fell into a daily routine. She'd hunt and come back wanting him to read more to her. After two days of Luke reading to her, she'd hold a small conversation about what they read before heading off again. The outside of the house was looking better than before. The shutters fixed, doors oiled so they don't creek. When he started to paint it she snapped at him telling him to do it a different colors then the creamy white, with sky blue trim it was before. She didn't want a reminder of that moment.

Eventually near the end of the week, they read through two books and there wasn't much to read for after six years of reading, the two were the last ones she had. Today like yesterday she lay on the couch watching him as she asked for a story from him. It can be a memory or something made up, as long as it was a story that doesn't involve killing wolves. Being one herself for so long she got emotionally attached to the creators.

Luke paused for a moment and thought, there wasn't many left to think about, "...a story... I honestly don't have many more to think about... And I suck at improvising. Maybe we could go buy you some more books."

"Me?! Go in town like this! They'll kill me, skin me! Burn my house! They'll accuse me of witchcraft! No, no I can't they don't know anything about this thing on me. Besides they wouldn't allow a wolf in a book store....." she paces panicked when he suggested the town.

"And How are you to know what books I prefer and already have? Fine go. It would get you away from here at least." she huffed bitterly and trotted back out of the house.

"...alright then... I'm going to the cave first then." He grabbed his bag and got up.

Moon wanderers further then her normal distance when she herd a wine. Following it she found a pup half starved and alone. She didn't even hesitate to bring the tiny thing home stopping by the cave. "Make a list, we need lots of milk, bottles, and a leather strap to play with. I'm taking in this pup. He said his mother has passed and his father hadn't come back. His name is Jaku."

((Oh okay...))

Luke comes back to her home with 10 more books. Some are new, some are older. Variety of genres.

When he got back it had been a day or two, the nearest down a half day's horse ride away by galloping. During the night, after some digging she found powdered milk and mixed several old milk bottles full of the stuff, warm from the clean spring. She kept them cool in the ice box, using a bit of rope so she can open it without hands during the day.

He got back finding her laying on a bottle to warm it, nursing a little pup as he whimpers and she was cleaning him. "About time you got back! I just missed you, we need milk, but I found some so never mind on that. His name is Jaku. I found him abandoned. At least I'll have some company."

Luke blinked and he dropped the new books onto a table, "...so... I'm guessing we will have another for story time." Dak flapped down and examined the pup.

"I guess so... but he is still young. He'll be asleep most of the time. He'll be a handsome dark wolf. " she nosed the whimpering pup closer to the bottle and he drank eagerly. "Any Charles Darwin or Charles Dickens? Edgar Allan Poe?" she asked tilting her head.

"There was one called "The Raven". I thought it would be funny for Dak even if it's a creepy story.

"ah! There was another, coming out. The pit and the pendulum? You can read the Raven now." she said softly as the pup nursed and fell asleep curled against her.

Moon started laughing. "Dak, you funny bird! It's supposed to be serious not funny! Although it makes it more interesting hearing the word in a crow's voice." she snorted and lay her head back down. please continue.

Luke did so and closed the book when he was done. "Welp... it's been a long day. I'll think I'll retreat to my cave. Anything I am needed for now or tomorrow... I'm assuming you got the pup under control."

"Right... See you later..." Luke walked outside, it wasn't dark yet so he decided to trim the bushes before leaving. He began to head to the cave when Dak landed on his shoulder, "...I don't know how much longer I should even stay Dak. I've certainly helped around the house, but being here for over a week, wasn't my original plan. She barely tolerates me still..." Dak cawed a low pitch, not sure what to do.

"Her scars run deep. You have to show you aren't like the man she once loved." A tall caramel skinned gentleman stood by the cave entrance with a smile. He was finely dressed in leather and furs. "Easy now, your raven has been told her story, so now I tell you it...." he sat outside of the cave telling the story about a woman, who's name was Haven, and how she worked herself ragged for a man that didn't return her love. "I could just change her to any animal from, but her devotion was like that of a wolf. Once she gets her teeth in, she wouldn't let go. Right now, her teeth are in something bitter. You will have to pry her jaws open again to make her see a different way. You want her to trust you, you have to show her why she should. Make sense my friend? Now I'm not saying you have to fall for her. Just change her thinking...." he chuckled.