Vorgin

Dances with Men (A Werewolf tale)

"...I have given her no reason not to trust me. I care for her house, read her stories, and even brought her food. I have done my part as a friend, there is nothing more I have to help her attitude. All she seems to want is seclusion. That, I can give her."

"She wishes for seclusion. She wants company. She laughed today right? That in itself is a improvement. She had asked you to do the bushes tomorrow.... She knows you're going to leave. She is scrambling to find things for you to stay. Watch her movement. A wolf speaks loudly with motion then they do with sound...." he said wisely and held out a hand for dak. " She's a different one. And so are you. Three men visited this place, all fled when they saw the talking wolf. What do you see. A woman, or a wolf...?"

"I... don't know what I saw... I don't know what I see. From what I see, she would prefer Dak stay. And now with this pup, she has the company she needs..." Dak landed on the man's arm and crowed. Luke thought for a moment, "...I'll go back tomorrow... observe as you suggested. Then decide my next move."

The man smiled and petted the bird. "A wise decision." He said as he got up and he smiled at the raven before a pop sounded and he was a eagle. He screeched and took off into the darkening sky, leaving a feather behind.

"...he's weird..." He shrugs and goes into the cave with Dak. "...Haven... Pretty name..."

That night moon works on a fur and leather cloak. This one was triple layered and would be coated with a rain proof oil. It had grown chilly and this is thicker then his old ragged thing he had around his shoulders. She left it folded on the couch for him in the morning, taking the pup upstairs and sleeping in her bed with the tiny thing.

Luke got up early and went to the house before the sun rose, Dak still asleep in the hood of his cloak. He saw the coat and sighed. He put it on and sat down on the porch looking out.

"Dose it fit?" she asked as she stepped outside. Her ears lowered slightly. "So... you finished the brushes. " she looked at the trees and the distance. a storm may come, I can feel it in my fur..." she shook herself.

"The coat is perfect... If a storm is coming then I should head out. Isn't that what you want?"

She chuffed and looked away from him, ears flat on her skull. " 'Corse it is. It was good having a pair of thumbs around while it lasted. " she said half heartedly. Looking everywhere but him. When she first told him to leave, she looked right at him. Now she avoided eye contact. "As long as I keep the books. I'll send you off with some food too. You repaied me enough for a few nights in a cave. Now you've gone and woken up the feeling of indebtedness in me, a human felling that would eat at me until I paid it back. I don't like that feeling. I'll check my traps. Keep an eye on the pup. " she said as she leaped off the porch and dashed into the woods.

"...he was right... she doesnt want to ask me to stay." Dak crowed and flew after her.

"hello birdie. " she said as she trotted. "I know you follow me. There's a rabbit here. Can you keep it still for me?" she asked as she pulled the snare rope to lower it.

"I hope you are not trying to avoid the important topic... you don't want Luke to leave." The raven perched and watched her careful, his voice caring.

She slowed down and stopped. There wasn't a rabbit in the trap, she was stalling. She lowered her head, sitting back on her hunches. "I have forgotten how nice it is to hold a conversation. To not be eternally alone in my own thoughts. I am too proud to admit it. And my pride is what kept me going for so long. You were right. He isn't like other men. He stayed until I was comfortable.... I'd actually be sad to see him go. And you too, our conversations are whimsical. I will miss them too."

"Luke and I have no obligations. No limits. If we leave we will just wonder around surviving on the land. There is nowhere we need to go... If you don't want him to leave, tell him. He is just as much as a loner as you were. He too could use the companionship of another non-bird person."

Moon remained silent for a minute. "let me think on it" she dashed off quickly. She was dragging back a doe to the house. Dropping it she looked at Luke. "You can use another hunter on your trip. I haven't left the house in a long time, and Jaku needs to be traveling if he is to learn how to be a wolf in the wild. One night to let me pack properly and prepare the house for my leaving. If... that is, you want a wolf to be with you. "

Luke blinked in surprise, "You sure you want to leave? This house is all you have. There is plenty of hunting around here."

" I can lock it up and leave it for a while. with the improvements you made on it, it would last a few weeks vacant. i haven't been out and away from this land for six years. nor have i found a man who would tolerate me. Under the fact that no firelight can touch mu skin, yes it would be tricky but i am up for an adventure." She said

"I see. Well then consider it a camping trip. We will go out for a few weeks to a month before returning here. And this time, I set the rules." He smiled.

Moon rolled her eyes in a show and trotted inside. "Fine, I'll get some things ready." she sounded bored but was actually glad he was letting her go with him.

Moon came and got him asking him to pack some things that requires thumbs to do. She then carried her pack on her back, the cloak and shifts in the bag, bottles for the pup and some extra power milk. The pup she had made a little basket to carry him in, so both can carry the pup if one got tired of it.

"If the little guy would like, he could ride in my hood. Dak will be flying recon anyway."

She chirped to the little pup who whimpers back and she lifted him out. "He would. He would like to know what it is like to see from up there." she said around the scruff of the pup.

Luke took him and placed him in the lowered hood. "...so you keeping him until he is independent to join a pack? Most wolves usually never take in wolves that smell of humans."