Vorgin

Dances with Men (A Werewolf tale)

Haven nodded and yawned, getting up and heading to bed. She made sure everything was packed before the dawn came and she shook herself and stretched. "I don't think he can change me. Only I could change me. Although, now I'm thinking I would want to keep being a wolf but... change when I what to. I've been in this form for so long it has grown on me. i would be upset not being able to transform back.."

Luke went over to Dak and whispered to him. Dak cawed and flew off in the direction of the mountains.

A falcon screached near a slight plateau in the mountain. A home carved into the mountain, a stream running down the plateau to a waterfall that seemed to mist as it fell. It was beautiful. The falcon landed and transformed into a handsome man. He held up his hand to the raven. "You know that your kind is worshipped among my people? Your caretaker is a very lucky man with you around. Tell me.... why do you search for me so?"

Dak crowed, "He wishes to speak to you. That you may undo Haven's curse. I don't know when the last time you saw them, but they have bonded very close. Open about their feelings for each other. "

He asked me once before, but she has to break it. I think there's something that she is hesitant on. Lead me too them. I will speak with only her. " he let the bird take off before taking off himself as a falcon following dak to where Luke and haven where. Once he shifted back he pulled the wolf aside and asked her what was wrong. The talked for a moment and he hung a charm, made of ivory and topaz of a wolf and three feathers under. One from a swan, one from a hawk and another from a black vulture.

Lurk and Dak waited to the side with Jaku, not wanting to ruin their privacy. Luke stared into space while Dak let Jaku chase him around.

After he spoke to haven he went to Luke. "She has to wait until she is human. Once she is she can turn from human to wolf on her own. Something wrong?" He asked.

Luke looked up, "Nothing is wrong. That's wonderful news to hear... But what about her voice?"

"If she truly loves you, no doubt whatsoever, she would get it back once she admits it to you. Take care of her. She's a true diamond in a world of rock. Now... if there's anything else, play this three times and I'll come. Ah, and that talesmen I gave her... that only works with you loving her. The three feathers are from birds that mate for life much like a wolf. You stay with her she can transform willingly. You cheat, well, it's a powerful spell. She will know when she can't shift to her wolf form. "

Luke huffed, but then smirked, "Not that I'll be alive to see that if I cheat... Thank you for your help..." Dak landed on his shoulder and crowed.

The druid nodded and handed him a little bone piece on a but of leather so it can be attached to something. The bone was carved as a whistle. "See too it that you are faithful. Take care... both of you. " he looked at haven as well before taking off. "I do think he would've been a better choice then my first. I hope he finds another worthy woman." haven said trotting over to the two. "Tell me about his home Dak. No human has ever seen it before."

Dak fluffed his feathers, "Like a small paradise... modest but beautiful. Very attune to nature." Luke sat and waited for Haven to translate.

Haven translated and pestered him with more questions about describing the place a bit better as she and Jaku,now nearly full sized and a very handsome black wolf with grey markings, pounced on some new snowflakes throwing the accumulation up in the air and trying to eat it, began to move to another spot for a camp sight.

Luke took point as Dak rode his shoulder and watched their surroundings. They reached a pinewood forest. They came upon a large tree on the outskirts. He went up to it and brushed his hand over the tree bark. There were carvings on the tree. "We are close now. This is Travelers Tree. It's tradition to make a mark on it when you pass by."

Luke smiled and pointed to two slash marks on the tree. "My dada and I already did when he brought me up here. It was my first extended trip away from home."

"why did we stop then? I will not mark such a tree. Surely the travelers will hunt me if I leave a wolf mark. Wait.... your father made those marks with you? Tell me more about your life. You are still such a mystery to me." She inquired tilting her head one ear flopping down like a puppy.

"We stopped because of my memories of this place... and I highly doubt you will be hunted. Look." He pointed to a bear claw slash. "The famous ranger, Regar. His bear companion left his mark here. And there, Fred Hall's Leopard."

"Why are hunters all male?" she huffed absent mindedly. She still wasn't going to mark the tree, although Jaku did... in a different way. She sat in the snow looking around at the tree.

Luke sighed, "RANGERS, not hunters... and there are female ones... just few are in the northern regions... Except Big Jen. Bigger than most guys... her companion is an Arctic Fox."

"How many have wolves as companions? If i become a ranger, would i be the only one with a wolf? i know i'd be the only one who can turn into a wolf.." She bore her teeth in a smile and wagged her tail tilting her head at him.

Luke nodded, "There is a few... But as Rangers, we stay seperate. I haven't seen another ranger for months."

Her ears flattened. so rangers are hermits." she stood on her hind legs placing a paw on his chest."I know you like to travel, but I don't want you to feel obligated... a heavy sigh and she shook her snout and tucked her nose under his chin. any memories you want to tell me about?

Luke smiled, "Obligated? I choose this life. We are wanderers, not hermits. Some rangers have homes, others travel until they grow old and pass there skills to their children. My dad wasn't a Ranger, but my Grandfather was. My dad would have loved the ranger life if he didn't marry young."