TJ09

2015-07-26 - July Release

re-"perception of evil" idk. given the lore on them that fiona was nice enough to give us, i think their 'perception of evil' is less based on the actions of the creature they're warding against and more so the magic aura the creature exhibits; which is concrete and not perception based.

so a black mage or evil wizard would still exude negative mana/energy. and the Spirit ward would read that aura, not the intentions or actions of the wizard to determine whether the wizard is good or not.

... at least thats my interpretation of it ninja.gif

Pretty much this. I don't think you can force a creature to be a familiar since it's a symbiotic bond. They have to be willing.

i was thinking less "bonding with a bad guy" and more "they're human is corrupted/tainted after the bond is established" sorta thing

Edited by Red2111

Maybe since their evil-repelling glow is controlled by them, what they repel is actually dependent on what they BELIEVE is evil.

Due to the nature of Light mana I don't think this would work. Oddly enough, we did consider a dark mana "alt" version of these guys. It could still happen someday I suppose, but no promises on if or when.

Red, I think that would break all bonds.

Though... I don't know that the idea of familiars has ever been explored in DC world. hmm...

Edited by Fiona BlueFire

Due to the nature of Light mana I don't think this would work. Oddly enough, we did consider a dark mana "alt" version of these guys. It could still happen someday I suppose, but no promises on if or when.

That would be so cool if there was a dark Mana Alt. But what would it look like though?

A light colored dragon that darkens during the day? Or a dark colored dragon that absorbs light? Hmm...*brain frying*

Fortunately, because of my own time difference, I think I'm going to get to see a lot of these guys in their shiny state. biggrin.gif I'm quite excited about that since the shiniest one is definitely my favourite sprite! smile.gif

Oddly enough, we did consider a dark mana "alt" version of these guys. It could still happen someday I suppose, but no promises on if or when.

o.0 o_o *_*

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Red, I think that would break all bonds.

Though... I don't know that the idea of familiars has ever been explored in DC world. hmm...

*nods* so they're like a paladin on steroids xd.png ultra good guy non-corruptable sort of critter wub.gif thats so cool

yeah, like i said, i'm coming at the "familiar" aspect with D&D in mind, not DC xd.png in D&D you're alignment can change whether by your actions or by being forcibly corrupted.

so i didn't know if some of the darker dragons we have here could forcibly corrupt/taint these guys

i'm a total villan girl

Wait, what? I come back in the morning and read that the sprites change even more? As the night progresses?

Well this sucks. If I'm calculating this correctly, I'll never *see* certain changes because I'm always asleep at that time. What the heck? That's not fair.

*pouts*

I'm sorry Marie. But it made the most sense for them to change based on DC's night time. For what it's worth, I may get to see the brightest change because I'm a night owl, but I'll never see them ramp back down toward dawn unless insomnia strikes.

Wait, what? I come back in the morning and read that the sprites change even more? As the night progresses?

Well this sucks. If I'm calculating this correctly, I'll never *see* certain changes because I'm always asleep at that time. What the heck? That's not fair.

*pouts*

To be fair, zombies work the same way ;;

Oh my gosh, I just checked the wiki since people were saying the glow increases, and I love all the stages! Amazing job. Five different sprites and dimorphism!

Oh my gosh, I just checked the wiki since people were saying the glow increases, and I love all the stages! Amazing job. Five different sprites and dimorphism!

Yeah, that is pretty incredible.

Fiona and Verridith you guys have done an amazing job with that and really it's just super cool.

They are pretty - now trying to decide if screenshots of their stages is enough as don't really fancy trying to see the brightest stage at before light exists time. (I know it makes sense around DC time but I get to pout a little too)

Fiona BlueFire and Verridith our Queens of mastering the light mana in the dark.

May the glowing Spirit Wards repel evil at the right moment on our scrolls!

ADP, I don't remember if TJ and I discussed that at all. I guess he's the one to ask.

I really like the adults! You both did a great job on them. Sadly I only will see the dark version from them since I am too far away from cave time (6 hours).

Do the gendered hatchies glow too? Has anyone posted their changes?

Do the gendered hatchies glow too? Has anyone posted their changes?

Yeah the gendered hatchlings glow but I don't know if their glow changes intensity like the adults does.

The gendered hatchlings glow but nobody paid attention if this glowing incereases or not...

Frozen hatchlings should do the same since frozen Nocturnes change time, that i know for sure.

Since the hatchlings are smaller and have less areas of glow it seems it may be hard to tell if they glow more or not. I don't think I noticed any stages of change in mine last night.

edited for clarity

Edited by purplehaze

The S2 hatchlings only have two stages; glow and no glow, not five like the adults. (: