Vhale

Impossible Breedings

Guardians aren't even that bad, yo. I've gotten a fair number of prizes out of them.

PYRALSPITES, ON THE OTHER HAND...

Edited by TheCompleteAnimorph

TurpentinexANYTHING

Like seriously.

Unless you want turpentines 5ever.

*sigh*

I have been trying to breed a mate for a 3rd gen turp x gold I have, and I am pretty sure I will die of old age before it happens. xd.png

Guardians aren't even that bad, yo. I've gotten a fair number of prizes out of them.

PYRALSPITES, ON THE OTHER HAND...

Oh, I dunno about Pyrals. Someone (after admittedly a lot of fails) bred me this lovely (who bred this on the first try), and less than a week later I bred this. I'd dismiss it as freak luck if it was only one shiny, but three in relatively quick succession looks more hopeful. And I've picked up the odd 3G metal/Pyral checker from the AP too, so others are getting metals from them as well.

Edited by Amazon_warrior

I have some Golden Wyvern x Turps but they were bred back when Goldens were new. Since they got added to the Metallic Thread I think they've been a little tougher to breed.

It's surprisingly difficult to get a terrae from a nocturne these days: https://dragcave.net/progeny/L1WW6 (all vamp bites are me biting children so they can't be bred once I abandon them). It's put this lineage on hold for nearly a year now (breeding semi-regularly). =_=

I have bunches of Nocturnes. I'll give them a go and see how they do.

40 Nocturnes later...

These fellows seem to be a roller coaster. I remember when they were on the rare trade list. Then suddenly, common. I bred them x Royal Blue (I have a large lineage) and got mostly nocturnes.

Edited by Vhale

I have bunches of Nocturnes. I'll give them a go and see how they do.

40 Nocturnes later...

These fellows seem to be a roller coaster. I remember when they were on the rare trade list. Then suddenly, common. I bred them x Royal Blue (I have a large lineage) and got mostly nocturnes.

Hah, well glad it's not just me. Thanks for sharing, Vhale!

Royal crimson x purple nebula= entirely royal crimsons, so far, at least from that pair, though Dad's mom gave me Calabash right out of the gate with her nebula pairing. Nebulae have been easier to get since they went common in the ratios, but still not so much as crimsons. But I do have to wonder if it has something to do with the dragons, themselves. Some are frankly promiscuous, while others just prefer to be asexual to the point of madness. xd.png Edited by blackdragon71

I think some is absolutely the dragons. I had a stripe that refused to give en egg until I was on the third mate. That's why I'm trying not to jump the gun too quick on some being labeled super-common if they're being bred with rares or uncommons. My nebulas are throwing Ices more than Nebs, so I think they are still up there at the moment. Magmas have been harder to get.

Now they're just mocking me. xd.png

I guess I need to take this back. *shakes fist at the pairing*

It's Lesser Murphy's Law. As soon as you complain about something, it fixes itself :3

Seemed like a few other people also had issues with Brutes, but they were also part of a mass breed recently. So maybe they are about ready to crawl out of super common status?

I suspect half the problem with the ones that people have trouble with is we had a bunch of super pretty blue dragons released. So, people might be picking one of those blue dragons to breed and not the other. We only have so much scroll space after all.

Obviously we need more blacks, purples, oranges, yellows etc :3

/hides purple bias within other colors

Carmines.. Carmines everywhere... I finally got a Royal Crimson from that first pair, but the other one has yet to give me a Balloon. >_> Also, this lady longs to have a Lumina child like herself. *sigh*

Anyone have some other pairings I can try? Not including rares/uncommons. IE metals, trios, Nebulas, Blusangs :3

All I get if I breed Red Fins and Royal Carmines are the Red Fins. Totally frustrating. Just got another.

I've been trying to Breed Stripes from Gemshards.

I just keep getting more Gems. Well, one Stripe to date.

Edited by Chronopie

Gemshards are pretty new. But, I've got several of those and stripes so I did 43 breedings. All eggs were gemshards.

My red finned tidals and carmines did not like each other sad.gif

But out of 10 breedings I did at least get 1 tidal egg.

10 Stripe + Gemshard breedings = 8 Gemshards, 2 no eggs.

28 Gemshard x Stripe breeding results:

18 Gemshard eggs

0 Stripe eggs

6 No egg/no interest

4 Refusals