Vhale

Impossible Breedings

Just bred 9 pairs Gems/Stripes - got 9 Gem eggs. But it DOES make sense since the Gems are so new.

All I wanted was a few Spring eggs from this pairing last season..

I'm just hoping they'll give me a Summer Seasonal this time so I can make an interesting lineage..

Edit: It worked! I got a Summer Seasonal from them! Hooray! Oh well. Maybe this pair isn't so bad, after all.

Edited by lovecats99

Just did 8 breedings of RFs and RCs

2 RC eggs

3 RF eggs

2 no egg

1 no interest

Trying to get an Ember from Cassare for a while now.

187 Cassare : 0 Ember xd.png

And I need 4 Ember eggs for my lineage (just from my own scroll, so there's no way to get help, except making Cassare become less common).

I'll report back in ten years if I finally got the 4 Embers laugh.gif

Edited by Ashtoret

Just bred 20 stripes to gemshards: 2 refusals, 2 no eggs, all other gemshard eggs.

This is going to be hard...

Just bred 20 stripes to gemshards: 2 refusals, 2 no eggs, all other gemshard eggs.

This is going to be hard...

It wont last, gemshards are listed as uncommon, so whenever their ratios update they'll start throwing stripes. Probably just the opposite problem as people have now.

Sadly I don't have more Royal Crimsons to test with as far as the other breeding test went.

:<

Cassares. They are such a nice, unique dark orange.

It wont last, gemshards are listed as uncommon, so whenever their ratios update they'll start throwing stripes. Probably just the opposite problem as people have now.

Sadly I don't have more Royal Crimsons to test with as far as the other breeding test went.

Just popping in for a quick moment - I have 8 Tidals that I've bred once with Crimsons - all eggs were Tidals. I will try them again later today and report the egg count. I've also been trying Crimsons with Brutes, result have been almost all Brutes, and will try them later as well.

I want to start on Anagallises and Crimsons soon, too. We'll see how that goes laugh.gif

However, I've been trying for Golds from Crimsons for two years now, and this month, finally, they have produced two of the four Golds I need. biggrin.gif

I'm doing an alternating checker with olives, those two seem to be perfectly balanced so far. Easiest project in a long time!

I recognize the pain with carmines, I'm trying to get pyropes from these: one and two.

Sunstones are actually giving me trouble in both directions: I need a sunstone from cassare (not happening), and I need a GW from sunstone (also not happening). Which means they're not ultra-common, but still common enough. In my opinion, the trick is to find breeds that are close in 'common status', that way everything becomes a lot easier.

Trying to get an Ember from Cassare for a while now.

187 Cassare : 0 Ember xd.png

And I need 4 Ember eggs for my lineage (just from my own scroll, so there's no way to get help, except making Cassare become less common).

I'll report back in ten years if I finally got the 4 Embers  laugh.gif

Wooooohoooo! Maybe I should have posted here sooner. After ten months and now 199 Cassare eggs - no kidding! - the 200th egg is an Ember!!!! Wooooohooooooo!

I don't believe it! One down, three to go (and then the further generations... where I can only breed 8 pairs, 4 of which need to produce Embers... opposed to the 34 CB pairs I can breed now. Oh dear!

edit: blink.gif ! Another one and after only 6 Cassare eggs! I hope the ratio will still be more reasonable next week since I'm out of breeding pairs for this week smile.gif

Edited by Ashtoret

http://dragcave.net/progeny/YXxfw

I tried to get a HORSE out of a nhiostrife. Finally after months and months of fails and no interest and no eggs and a few refusals, a horse.

Just popping in for a quick moment - I have 8 Tidals that I've bred once with Crimsons - all eggs were Tidals. I will try them again later today and report the egg count.

I have a royal crimson/red-finned tidal checker - 13/16 tidals. I think the vamp's one, too. So have hope.

It hasn't proven itself yet, but I have a sneaking suspicion....

Red from Brute

So far that's 2 brutes out of 2 breedings. I'm.... sadly anticipating a lot more than this.

I actually have no idea how common reds really are, since people immediately snatch them up because of their BSA. I see them often enough in the cave but their ratios escape me.

It hasn't proven itself yet, but I have a sneaking suspicion....

Red from Brute

So far that's 2 brutes out of 2 breedings. I'm.... sadly anticipating a lot more than this.

I actually have no idea how common reds really are, since people immediately snatch them up because of their BSA. I see them often enough in the cave but their ratios escape me.

I usually purebreed Reds (and when I do, I get an egg most of the time, at least 3/4 breedings since they're established pairs) but in my very limited experience with Red x Striped checkers they break even (gotten one Stripe and one Red, every single time). Red x Black gives me more Reds. Definitely less common than blockers, but very agreeable in breeding.