Stromboli

Earth Day Breeding Event!

Special thanks to whoever bred this one. It's actually only my second alt vine.

You're welcome smile.gif I'm glad it alt'd for you.

Yeah, none of these are particularly unpopular breeds (except maybe pebbles?) that tend to sit around in the AP. I only managed to grab a couple tongue.gif

Congrats on the alts, and thank you to everyone who participated!

It was fun. I hope we can do it again next year. I just hope we don't get a release so soon after next year. >_<

I grabbed 7 vines and one of them alt'd and 2 undines and one of them alt'd so I'm pretty happy with my alts. Thanks breeders

Edited by rubyshoes

I didn't do much grabbing for this event, except for three vine babies that I adopted from the departures thread. I'm just checking on the eggs I bred now. It's nice to know that two of my Undines alted. I hope the new owners are happy. smile.gif

Ou~ On of the vines I bred alted too and it's already been given a name. smile.gif This was fun to breed them to the AP like that. Great event! happy.gif

Avarule - You're welcome! Love the name you gave her! biggrin.gif

(I'm glad to see someone caught one from my dragons too haha)

This event was fun, definitely should be repeated next year :3

Having a concrete excuse to play the alt. lotto was pretty great too. (Though not a single alt. vine to show for it, but had an undine that went gold...the one from a PB green undie lineage that I was really hoping would hatch green. Of course. xd.png) Did see some of the ones I dropped go alt though biggrin.gif

Have a great time with these events, especially when you throw in a few breeds that can "alt" or "hybrid" when bred. Gives me also an excuse to dust off some of my less looked upon dragons and give them an excuse to be bred. Can't wait to see the next mix! But I do like the idea in the future of having breeds that can alt/hybrid with also the possibility of throwing in a pygmy/drake/two head option as well for shared love.

Can't wait to see the next one!

All the Terrae babies have hatched and seem to be fine, along with the two little Electrics. <3

While only one of the Vine babies I sent out appears to have alted, all have hatched. <3

The pb 2nd gen Greens that went out were all Geodes, and some are still eggs, which worries me a little. I hope the owners don't let them die. Only the 3rd gens were Green, and I know they're in good hands. <3 I tried three of my CB Greens with CB Frostbites, and the two eggs that resulted were Frost babies. One has been named, and the name is oddly appropriate with some things going on in rl. I don't know who got it, but I'll check when it's an adult. smile.gif

Edited by dragongrrl

Have a great time with these events, especially when you throw in a few breeds that can "alt" or "hybrid" when bred. Gives me also an excuse to dust off some of my less looked upon dragons and give them an excuse to be bred. Can't wait to see the next mix! But I do like the idea in the future of having breeds that can alt/hybrid with also the possibility of throwing in a pygmy/drake/two head option as well for shared love.

Can't wait to see the next one!

Glad you enjoyed it!

Personally I'll take any excuse to breed a whole bunch of dragons. smile.gif I was considering doing a two-head breeding in May for the start of the Gemini zodiac, but I wasn't sure if people were gonna get tired of breeding events every month... Maybe at the beginning of June, since it'd be half way through the Gemini transit? I dunno. Thinkin out loud here. happy.gif

definitely doing one for the 4th of July tho, i have a plan... >:3

Glad you enjoyed it!

Personally I'll take any excuse to breed a whole bunch of dragons. smile.gif I was considering doing a two-head breeding in May for the start of the Gemini zodiac, but I wasn't sure if people were gonna get tired of breeding events every month... Maybe at the beginning of June, since it'd be half way through the Gemini transit? I dunno. Thinkin out loud here. happy.gif

I've really been enjoying them, but having a little more time to prepare would mean I could contribute more (and with more interesting lines than purebreds or a 3G checker).

I do like the idea of a two-head-filled AP, though, and I have a few pairs. Considering how quickly the wall's eggs are picked up, I don't think people are getting tired of the events, though I suppose the only way to tell would be if the event didn't garner much support.

I'm thinking, I have had a lot to do these last few months, with the Mass Breeding Days contributing to that greatly because I do make each drop for the occasion, from what I have, and grab heaps of new lines and ideas in the AP a few days later. I haven't any new drop eggs yet, for example, my Earth Days won't mature for a few more hours yet.

So I'm feeling the need for a break - and we have the Birthday! to think about.

I was thinking a June mass breeding day would be fabulous if we can find a suitable excuse... It is summer weather for most of you, isn't it? Maybe a beach theme? We could share the Spessartine love, frolick with Shallow Waters, swim with the Two-Finned Blunas, and drown in Deep Seas! laugh.gif

Or perhaps that's better for July... But I have another idea I'd rather for the July event. After all, we have a couple of National Days that happen very close to each other, and the countires share similar national colours...

But I have another idea I'd rather for the July event. After all, we have a couple of National Days that happen very close to each other, and the countires share similar national colours...

Oh man, I've got a fun plan for July. But it's based on American Independence Day on the 4th, what other national days are near then?

And yeah, I'm sorry that this one was relatively short notice. The idea was brought up in the Ides breeding and I was like, "Hey, that's a great idea oh shoot it's in a month."

The one for the 4th of July will be going up soon, since it's gonna involve quite a few breeds between teams red, white, and blue. (ps, gather your stripes!)

PS, would it be helpful to have a calendar of mass breeding events - particularly the annual ones? I'd be happy to whip up a google calendar or something to keep track of it all.

Edited by Stromboli

Bastille Day in France, appropriately, is July 14th. And guess what their colours are? You got it, they have the "Tricoleur" for their flag - Red, White and Blue. Was meant to be...

I would certainly love something to help me keep track. I thought this whole "new dragons every month and holidays" all sounded very sedate. But I joined the 8th of May and have been run off my feet ever since. laugh.gif

Edited by charlottekay62

Just call it a breeding event - the "mass" seems to trigger fears in some players xd.png

At least a calendar of past breeding events would be good. Then we could still decide whether a repetition is favourable or not.

Bastille Day in France, appropriately, is July 14th. And guess what their colours are? You got it, they have the "Tricoleur" for their flag - Red, White and Blue. Was meant to be...

Nice!

And there's more than a week between them so people could do both! biggrin.gif We could have a Revolutionary breeding event.

ETA: Yeah, Ruby, I see what you're saying. happy.gif That's probably a good shift in terminology for us.

Edited by Stromboli

Oh wow! That is so perfect!! Celebrate 2x "fight for freedom" celebrations in two weeks. And that idea you have planned sounds a little competitive which would also be appropriate. Pity I can't think of another country with the same colours and a national day or something as well - one for each colour.

Perhaps someone else knows of others.

Yeeees! I've been wanting to build nice mixed Stripe lineages, that would be a great incentive. I may or may not have forgotten that there's an actual event on DC's birthday... so... yeah. A break would probably be best. ;>_>

I'm all for the calendar idea, with Ruby Eyes' suggestion. It'll probably allow for longer advance notice/better planning, at the very least. biggrin.gif

Oooh... My first thought was that Canada Day would give the Red and White teams an unfair advantage but it really won't since they won't be able to breed again on the 4th. Doesn't quite jam with the "fight for freedom" theme of the other two, but I'd hate to cut them out when their holiday is RIGHT THERE. tongue.gif

PS, calendar: https://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=b...uZ29vZ2xlLmNvbQ

I think I got all the past breeding events. Should probably also fill in the usual DC holidays just as a reminder for anyone who might want to plan events around those times...

Thirteen pairs, twelve 2g PB Vines. Now I just want to see how many alts I made!

Well....... one alt, and I think a few unclaimed eggs. When I checked at 3 days, there were at least 4 that had zero views. I had fun, though!

Glad you enjoyed it!

My son's (Gemini) birthday is in June, so that seems like a fun idea to celebrate! Just for me, I guess, but I feel like two-headed dragons are always in some demand.

How could we not include Canada? biggrin.gif

I finally got to see where some of my Undines went, most to nice-looking homes. biggrin.gif Found 6 of them had alted!

Not many really, considering the number I bred, but I couldn't track them all.

I finally got to see where some of my Undines went, most to nice-looking homes.  biggrin.gif  Found 6 of them had alted!

It's nice to know our babies are being cared for right? smile.gif Most of mine grew up nicely too, or are about to, although one is still an egg with no views at all.

Also wanted to say my thanks for some of the pretties I caught:

One of my favorite is definitely this pretty Terrae X Ice checker, thanks Terces!

I was hoping to catch some of those awesome Pebble X Terrae checkers, but hey it's a start... biggrin.gif Thanks sylviamaris!!

Also thanks Stagazer_7 for this Terrae from an unusual pairing, I will definitely try to find a proper mate next Halloween~

Last but not least, a 4th gen Thuwed that was kind enough to alt, thanks so much Lantean_Pegasus!

I'm looking forward for the next breeding events... French player here... ^^

I'm in for representing the Commonwealth (Where the British Empire still exists) as a player for Canada, Australia's sister nation in many respects. biggrin.gif

My favourite pick up was, I think, this:

Sparkling Gem

But it was a close call with this one:

Simple But Delightful

(Thanks stargazer_7)

Again, like the Ides Of March Event, I ended up with over twice as many Terraes as I started with!

This is a really wonderful way to dust off the cobwebs and have a really good look at the dragons you already have in your scroll, and sharing ideas with others.

Looking forward to July already!

A few Dark Greens from me were apparently frozen, 1 alted biggrin.gif and most grew up to be regular. 3 babies from my Undines alted (and quite a bunch of Undines went to the same 2 scrolls), and one of my 2nd gen Black Teas from Green is apparently being neglected (at 20 hours left).

Also, apparently I traded for an Earth Day z-code (I only just noticed the date xd.png): https://dragcave.net/lineage/zPa5n

Edited by Ruby Eyes