Stromboli

Ides of March - Brute Breeding Day (Friday March 15, 2024)

And hey, unless I missed it, we didn't end up completely filling the AP with a solid wall at any point. We got to have our mass-breeding fun and the AP didn't become unusable. Everybody wins. Go team. smile.gif

Possibly because there was an organized effort to breed lots of other things to the AP at the same time. I'm glad you guys got to have your fun while others of us still had something besides brutes to hunt. smile.gif

Possibly because there was an organized effort to breed lots of other things to the AP at the same time. I'm glad you guys got to have your fun while others of us still had something besides brutes to hunt. smile.gif

well, if that's the case, it looks like I'll have to resume breeding my crimsons at various times just to draw out new complaints. I don't understand why People try so desperately to break such walls and tag them as evil - every brute bred and raised that way is one less clogging the biomes!

You guys got to have the fun you wanted, no? Why is is so important that there be nothing but a solid wall of one type?

It doesn't matter that it is 'one less brute clogging the biomes' to people who primarily hunt the AP.

I thought this was a nice compromise as those who wanted to hunt brutes had a lot to choose from while those who did not still had options too.

well, if that's the case, it looks like I'll have to resume breeding my crimsons at various times just to draw out new complaints. I don't understand why People try so desperately to break such walls and tag them as evil - every brute bred and raised that way is one less clogging the biomes!

Because we go to the AP to try and hunt many different kinds of beasts not just one. That's why I bred as many Stripes as I could to blast up the wall and give people AN OPTION as to what to grab.

I didn't see a single Striped - guess they are still very popular these days smile.gif

I wouldn't recommend doing this for *all* breeds in the cave. But for a one-time event, Ides was okay: an effort by multiple people to breed as many pretty eggs of a specific type as possible, on a specific day, followed by an effort by mostly the same people to grab as many of those pretties as possible. I think both efforts evened each other out, overall, and those involved had fun without spoiling everyone else's fun.

The few leftover Brute eggs on the AP aren't exactly ugly, so those that have been grabbed in the meantime must have been even more desirable - not messies like some seem to have feared.

Back to regular business smile.gif

This was a lot of fun. ^^ I was happy other eggs among the Brutes, though they were the center of my attention. Back to breeding projects it is, then!

Ey, however it happened, whatever. Just shows me that we can have mass-breeding events without having terrible lasting consequences for anyone's playstyles. So I won't have to feel even a tiny bit bad about it next time I feel like organizing something. biggrin.gif I love me a good mass-breeding.

Anyhow! Eggs bred on the 16th have started showing up in the AP. I think we've just about seen the end of our Ides babies. I think we can declare the First Probably-Not-Annual Ides of March Brute Breeding closed.

user posted image

Thank you to everyone who supported and participated!

Edited by Stromboli

I am just waiting for the last of my Ides eggs to hatch to show off my little tribute to the day's events.

Ironically, my last Ides pick up in the AP is a CB! rofl!

found a very fitting 2g pb brute, from "alea iacta est" x "et tu- brute". smile.gif

http://dragcave.net/lineage/aWl8M

ist an a-code, though. xd.png

I'm happy you like it. (; All of my babies found good homes as well, I think, and it was a lot of fun to breed and hunt for this event - thanks a lot for organising this, Stromboli! smile.gif

I was a little late to hunt, unfortunately, but I got one Brute from a pairing I would not have thought of: http://dragcave.net/lineage/l2ZEG - thanks anon breeder, I guess there is my next breeding project. xd.png

Well, the eggs that I have left from the Ides are close to hatching, and I will love these three forever: http://dragcave.net/lineage/l6mFG and http://dragcave.net/lineage/aWj4U and http://dragcave.net/lineage/A8z8i this was a very successful Ides in my opinion! smile.gif

OMG, just looked at the one egg I bred this Ides, and guess who got it? Marrionetta! I can't believe she owns one of my babies!! biggrin.gif See? ~For the protection of the new owner, please don't post dragons you don't own~

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

OMG, just looked at the one egg I bred this Ides, and guess who got it? Marrionetta! I can't believe she owns one of my babies!! biggrin.gif See? ~For the protection of the new owner, please don't post dragons you don't own~

Nice! Congrats!

Sadly I was too late to do any Ides AP hunting. I became unlocked after all the Brutes had gone.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Frankly, the people whining about this ONE FREAKIN' DAY event are such killjoys. Get over it, already. So you don't like brutes or want something else. Big deal. Go organize your own event, and we'll have to just have to put up with your fun for a short time, if we don't like your favorite breed. Then those of us who have to slog through your crabbing will mass breed something on the same day to "offset" the wall that probably won't even happen, as there was never that problem with the brutes this time. Lots of them in the AP? Sure. However, with so many being snatched up, and so few remaining for terribly long periods of time, was it really a hassle? No, and some of us even collected other breeds at the same time we were catching each other's brutes.

There are many folks who mass breed on their very own breeds that DO sit in the AP for hours, because they're not popular (I personally have no love for canopies, pebble (green), or purple dorsals which constantly show up and stay around forever, but eh, I go find something else to do with my time until someone else feels sorry for those particular breeds and cleans them out for me). That's their choice, and while it might delay my own playstyle, there's room for everyone's type of fun in this game. It's not all about any one person. This was all about the breed and the play on Shakespeare's famous line from a famous play and the fact that Caesar was killed by Brutus on the Ides of March. It lasted a total of 3 days, from breeding time to when those eggs started dropping into the AP queue, and never once did we have a true wall, and never for more than a few minutes. As Iside said above, it was like a holiday drop. Now some of us will have to put up with lots of stripes and other stuff for a while, just like normal.

That said, thanks to everyone who provided such pretty brute babies. It was so hard to choose, sometimes, and I think I will go write up a petition to TJ for more egg spaces, now. xd.png

I was disappointed that I wasn't able to catch more than I did.

I had dropped 3 3rd gen PBs and 14 2nd gen PBs..

I picked up 14 Brutes. 12 were laid on the 15th, and 2 were stolen from the cave on the 15th and tossed into the AP for me to grab.

At least 1 person I know grabbed Brutes just to bite them and toss them away.

Gah, I got sick and missed the deadline D: Seriously not happy about it.. But I caught a few useful brutes before and after the event, so I'll probably keep working on some cool checkers. ^^

Gah, I got sick and missed the deadline D: Seriously not happy about it.. But I caught a few useful brutes before and after the event, so I'll probably keep working on some cool checkers. ^^

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you're feeling better now.

I wonder who got the 2nd and 3rd gen PBs I bred....? Haven't seen anyone post them here.

Well my last Brute of Ides has hatched, I've used all of my Brutes to make my verse complete.

It's supposed to sound "Shakespearean", so please don't think I'm entirely blink.gif !

Yet 'Ware The Ides Of March

Edited by charlottekay62

Well my last Brute of Ides has hatched, I've used all of my Brutes to make my verse complete.

It's supposed to sound "Shakespearean", so please don't think I'm entirely  blink.gif !

Brilliant! Totally brilliant, and a perfect wrap to this event! <3

I ended up with 6 new Brutes and a Pyrope with a Brute mother. I'll post them all as adults. I'm ready for this to be an annual event - I'll be much better prepared for next year! biggrin.gif

At least 1 person I know grabbed Brutes just to bite them and toss them away.

yeah, its very sad when stuff like this is done just to spite others or correct "the wrongs we have been doing"

Edited by whitebaron

It's supposed to sound "Shakespearean", so please don't think I'm entirely blink.gif !

Oh, that is WOW ohmy.gif

Thank you both, iside and dragongrrl!

It was such fun to write and I had such fun with the whole event!

Thanks, Stromboli, for organizing this great event. I do not see a lot of brutes on the AP and I certainly don't see many brutes with interesting lines due to their continued prevalence in breeding, so having this day to encourage us to breed and share our brute lines was really fun and showed a great community spirit. I saw some things I'd like to attempt checkers for and got some more pb mates ready for my pb even gen. I wouldn't have made progress on my lineages without this. As well, anything where the community comes together to have fun together gets my nod of thanks. Seeing excitement from many over their great catches really made me light up and made my day. This week has been my spring break, but as a grad student, I haven't really gotten a break, so I was kind of down about that, so having fun with this event really just made my 'break' so much better. I thought this Ides of March was wonderful. <3

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you're feeling better now.

I wonder who got the 2nd and 3rd gen PBs I bred....? Haven't seen anyone post them here.

Yeah - me too. I've no idea where mine went...

-Dewdropmon's quote-

Yeah - me too. I've no idea where mine went...

Some of mine went to owners who show their scrollnames so I know where a few went. c: Keep in mind some of the eggs we all bred probably went to non-forum users and/or people who didn't participate in/know about this breeding.

All my Ides babies hatched and hopefully the two I influenced to be a pair will cooperate~ :) *knocks on wood*