20mia08

Night Pack Roleplay OOC

Names shouldn't be a problem. Torbjorn and his parents have Norse names...and probably worship Norse gods...despite being in central Alaska...I should figure something out to explain that lmao.

Names shouldn't be a problem. Torbjorn and his parents have Norse names...and probably worship Norse gods...despite being in central Alaska...I should figure something out to explain that lmao.

Firstly, you should explain how could wolves worship gods. Not saying that they are human Norse ones xd.png

Well, I imagine that these wolves have a culture. They can communicate, and have human-like intelligence. Maybe the gods the wolves worship are based on stories that have been handed down from dogs or something. I dunno. I'm not terribly concerned about it. Tor is from several hundred miles south, after all.

There wasn't much info on the world or the belief systems these wolves have, if any, so I sort of decided to wing it. It'd be nice if there was some clarity on this, I love the idea of there being a theology and culture that dictates what behaviors are acceptable. Fantasy~~~

Sorry for a delay in posts, my brother has claimed the computer lately...Next time I get on, I'll make some posts.

I don't see a problem with such quirks like believing in the Nordic gods.

But I'm with Brotato on this. We need a verdict from OP herself.

There wasn't much info on the world or the belief systems these wolves have, if any, so I sort of decided to wing it. It'd be nice if there was some clarity on this, I love the idea of there being a theology and culture that dictates what behaviors are acceptable. Fantasy~~~

Some wolves, like people in real life, dictate their own morality based on societal norms and other variables.

However, I wouldn't mind implementing Nordic mythology as a belief system within the RP.

I frickin love that censorkip.gif . laugh.gif

Edited by Brotato

Edited out. I'll just PM her. wink.gif

Edited by Ælex

If mia is okay with it, maybe we could discuss how to build the world a bit more? Like, the variety in cultures the wolves have, maybe the history of the area, etc? I dunno, I live for that stuff.

These wolves are wolves, they have no "beliefs", though that can be added if the character's owner wishes. To them (the wolves), when wolves die, they are usually the stars watching over them, or are just straight-out dead with no resting place. The wolves are primarily focused on survival rather than beliefs, and names are simply names to them.

As for humans, they do occasionally wander in, but rarely, since human civilization is rather far away. After all, these wolves live on a mountain and, in the summer times, a dense forest. Also, it's currently 2015 in the roleplay, not the past or future.

So the wolves have kind of a "survival of the fittest" way of thinking? Interesting. I like it.

So, Tiga and Brotato both want one of the three... Possibly Eskowolf too, but I'm sorry.

Mine is really bad at the moment, but I also can't write personalities.

You guys can work out which one you want but they don't differ all that much. Color and name, that's about it. Oh, and sibling rank.

Username:

Character’s Name: Chioni

Nickname: (optional) Chio

Text Color: Up to Claimer

Mate/Crush: None

Family: (Can be Deceased or Searching for Family)

Mother: Hiera

Father: Hachi

Aunt: Kestra

Sister: Asimi

Brother: Chalyvas

Personality: Up to Claimer

Appearance: (Both picture(s) and description)

user posted image

History: He was third-born, born in a snow drift just outside of the cave. That's about it.

Siding with: Up to Claimer

Password: Ace Rules

Other:

Username:

Character’s Name: Chalyvas

Nickname: (optional) Chaly

Text Color: Up to Claimer

Family: (Can be Deceased or Searching for Family)

Mother: Hiera

Father: Hachi

Aunt: Kestra

Sister: Asimi

Brother: Chioni

Personality: Up to Claimer

Appearance: (Both picture(s) and description)

user posted image

History: He was second-born, born in a snow drift just outside of the caves. That's about it.

Siding with: Up to Claimer

Other:

Just because I've nothing better to do, so I made them. I cherish my internet whilst I have it. They aren't coming in just yet, but my internet keeps crashing and I'm impatient.

Put their names into Google Translate. I kinda want them to be like their elements. Although, tis up to you.

Edited by MyaMouse

Oh, also, question. Can a pregnant wolf beconsidered an Omega, or do preggers wolves have their own rank?

They are like subordinates until they give birth, I assume, and then they go back to their own rank.

If you are asking if an omega can be pregnant, then prubly not.

... often aren't allowed to take on mates, but some rarely do.
Edited by MyaMouse

I guess what I meant is if an already pregnant wolf joined the pack, could she be considered an Omega?

After she gives birth, yes. Would you beat up a pregnant lady?

Although, humans and wolves are different... Still, I had a point somewhere in this.

After her pups reach the appropriate age and are made subordinates, she will be demoted to an Omega. In that position, it's highly unlikely for them to have pups again until they move up in the ranks, if they can. After all, Omegas are looked down upon by most of the pack.

Ah, okay. Would a pregnant omega be treated any differently? As in being ignored by pack members, etc. Not necessarily harmful behaviors, but still negative.

Hello! This RP looks good, and I want to join! Just one thing though: do we have to make five characters to start with or is there simply a starting maximum of five? If I have to make five characters I might not join, simply because I can only RP female characters (I suck at males) and it would affect the gender ratio. If you don't mind that, I'll make as many characters as you like!

We don't need Warrior Cats names, I guess, but can I still use some? I have a few favourite characters that would be interesting to play as wolves for a change.

I'll probably make an Omega or two, a Pup if anyone is willing to take one in, and a Mother if nobody is. I might also make a Subordinate or two if you'd like.

Okay, redicision: I'll make an Omega or two, possibly sisters. Then I'll make a heavily-pregnant rogue wander to the camp, I'll play one or maybe two of the pups, and someone else can have any others. Three or four in a litter is reasonable, right?

No, you don't have to make five characters at the start, that's just a starting limit. I suppose you can use warrior cat names, but keep it to things that these wolves will be familiar with, such as "pine" and "claw", rather than "glass" or "comet".

You can make an Omega and so on, but I don't know how many pups poor Hiera can take in, she has her own and an adopted one currently. Perhaps that adopted pup can enter with your expecting lone wolf? The size of the litter is up to you, but it does sound reasonable.

EDIT:

As for Odd's question, yes, she will likely be treated differently, as they aren't supposed to have offspring in that position. They'll be looked down upon, and their pups will probably have harsher and ruder treatment as well.

Edited by 20mia08

Okay, good to know.

DONE! tongue.gif

Username: oddinomaly

Character’s Name: Menemith

Nickname: (optional) None

Text Color: green #4d7f1a

Family: Ayita (mother, living), Unaduti (father, living), Wakiza (brother, living), Diwali (brother, living), Nashota (sister, unknown), roughly a dozen other family members who I really don't want to spend time naming...

Personality: Unlike the rest of her family, Menemith lives in fear of...just about everything. She is the most skittish wolf in the pack due to her past as a loner, and because of it, she does not make friends easily. She's very easy to push around, being the natural omega that she is. Whether her submissive nature is caused by her anxiety, or is just her personality, no one is really certain. What is certain is that she is considered a coward by all who have met her. She seeks comfort wherever she can find it. Safety is a rare commodity for her. Her loyalty lies with whoever can provide her protection. Due to her cowardly nature, she is hesitant to fight on a good day; on a bad day she'll just bolt and find somewhere to hide until the battle is over. Wolves who aren't fond of her use this to question her loyalty to the pack. Menemith is also very easily blackmailed; if someone knows something about her, they can manipulate her into doing their bidding.

Appearance: here, art by me

Menemith is a large, heavyset she-wolf with thick fur, roughly-textured fur. Her belly is a pale tan, while her markings vary from dark gray to a diluted brown. Her coat pattern is largely softly blended agouti. Her uniquely slanted eyes are a greenish-yellow. They sit shallow-set in her face, above a thick muzzle with distinct contrast between light and dark. Her ears are a dark, saturated brown, and are unusually pointed for a pure wolf. Her neck is thick and her ruff is full. She has broad shoulders and a powerful build. Her rump is muscular and strong as it is designed for climbing up mountains. She has a distinct fluffy tail. Her voice is gruff and masculine, occasionally misleadingly so. At the time of writing this, she is about three weeks away from giving birth.

History: Menemith was born into a large pack, and was the last daughter of the aging alphas. The only pup in her litter and the youngest in the line for leadership, she was often bullied by her older siblings. She was known mostly as her parents' greatest source of shame, for despite her warrior-like build, she avoided combat as much as possible and would submit to even the slightest show of aggression. As soon as she was able to survive on her own, her pack chased her out. They were tired of feeding someone who was too afraid to hunt. Menemith continued to hang around her old pack's territory, trying time and time again to convince them to take her back. Finally they had enough and attacked her. Her cowardly nature got the better of her and she fled.

She ran until her paws bled. After two weeks of nonstop running she collapsed of exhaustion. She no longer wished to live. Several hours later, Menemith was awoken by a muzzle prodding her in the side. She lifted her head to find a sleek, handsome black wolf...with a dead rabbit in his jaws, the first prey she'd seen in weeks. Days went on and he nursed her back to health. When she was finally able to stand again, Menemith promised to stay at his side. He introduced himself as Muqua. Whether it was gratitude or inexperience that blinded her from the truth, she still isn't sure, but she became convinced she was in love with him. When he said he returned her feelings, she believed him. The black wolf brought her confidence and the chance at a new life. They soon became a mated pair. The euphoria she felt quickly faded when she realized Muqua had other things on his mind. He threatened to abandon her if she didn't do as he told her, even going so far as to bite and claw her if she continued to argue. The confidence he gave her was frail; one derisive word from him could shatter it in a second. He played with her emotions like they were a bit of tasty bone.

No matter how bad it got, Menemith stayed at Muqua's side. He believed she owed him, and wasn't afraid to remind her of it. She hoped for months that he might change, become the wolf she met while starving. As time went on, that hope fizzled out. It was replaced with dread. While it may have been obvious to onlookers, Menemith had no idea what was happening was considered abuse until she became pregnant with his pups. She knew if she allowed these pups to be raised with Muqua, they'd end up irreparably damaged. One night, in the early onset of winter, she snuck away from their makeshift camp and headed for the mountains. She had no idea Muqua followed her.

Siding with: Neutral, will automatically side with anyone who promises her pups protection.

Other: Anyone can play Muqua, he's not going to end up joining the pack. I dunno. If nobody decides to grab him I can make him an NPC.

Edited by oddinomaly

Hullo <:

Username: Shiny Hazard Sign

Character’s Name: Dionne

Nickname: Dia

Text Color: #817f7f

Rank: Loner-- though might be interested in alpha female once she joins, if possible.

Mate/Crush: None yet

Family: Jackle was her brother, though that's all she remembers.

Personality: Dionne is quiet, but she is not shy. She is an incredibly observant wolf that carefully calculates her actions and words before jumping into a squabble. She also is quite guarded with what she says and whom she trusts, though occasionally she does attempt to strike conversation of her own accord. Because of this, others have often considered her more aloof and distant, perhaps even cold at first. Her stoic demeanor allows her to keep a level head during times of high stress or contention, as well as affords her the ability to deflect insult or hostility without much effect. However, this ability is often manifested in wit and subtle sarcasm, since she finds aggression and anger directed at herself to be more amusing than anything else. She does not particularly care if she makes others angry, though it may not be her intention. Dionne does not search for trouble or attempt to rouse aggravation, as she is not inclined to violence unless it is absolutely called for-- but others should not be mistaken, since Dionne is perfectly capable of being a dangerous wolf should she feel the need. Yet, for a loner, she is surprisingly civil.

Appearance: Dionne's pelt is mostly creamy-white, but along her backside and flanks is flecking of dark gray. She has thick, wiry fur, but she also has a solid body structure that suits her better as a fighter and places her at a height more common in male arctic wolves. She is built for endurance and offense, rather than agility and speed. Dionne carries herself with poise and grace, despite having been a loner for most of her life.

Her eyes are a stunning gold and ringed with thick black around the outer lids.

{x} {x} {x}

History: Dionne was born in a litter of four to a pair of loner wolves that roamed the country. She and her brother, Jackle, were inseparable among the pups, and did everything together when it came to learning how to hunt and fight. However, when the pups were close to six months old, her family accidentally trespassed on a pack's territory during a chase. The pack was furious and tracked down Dionne's parents to the little den they had carved out beyond the pack's borders. They fought, but her parents were outnumbered, and thus they died at the paws of the pack. The pups were spared, although just barely-- the alpha, who had come to confront Dionne's parents, had just lost her own pups a few months ago to disease, and decided to take on the orphans as her own. They were raised as the alpha's heirs, hopefully to one day lead the pack once the current alphas passed on. Because of this, they were rigorously taught the finer arts of pack life and how to carry oneself with regality. However, the rest of the pack was not thrilled with the idea of orphan pups becoming the heirs. A few months after Dionne and her siblings turned one year old, Jackle and a pack-born wolf got into a massive fight. He was injured permanently as the fight escalated, and Dionne came to despise other wolves. Jackle's disability was a perfect excuse for the others to run him from the pack. While their two sisters remained among the pack, Dionne left shortly afterwards on her own, vowing to never participate in pack life again-- but as time dragged on, she found herself aimlessly wandering, until she finally decided years later that she would give pack life another chance. She does not remember much of her puphood, other than her tight bond with her brother.

Siding with: Undecided-- she knows of neither, and will make her decision if it proves to be necessary once she learns more.

Password: Ace rules

Other: Seeking a new family, for the most part. She may never admit it, but she is lonely, and has grown weary of living her days by herself, never knowing if she would encounter a friend or foe each morning.

Edited by Shiny Hazard Sign

Wow. I really hope Dia gets accepted. I love her character. I think Tor might too, they have similar personalities.