Vorgin

Beyond the Soul

Jacus took her hand, "You and Drago are always together no matter how far your bodies are. He will be fine. It's just for the night. I promise." Giving her a reassuring smile, he went to the inn to get them beds for the night. "Single room and two bed please." The man nodded and Jacus paid.

Arwena held tight to his hand. "Drago snores like you do.. so it should be easier for me to fall asleep.... " he inn had several people in it, the loudest a group of young men everyone seemed to know, they quieted down when the saw Arwena, although the elf was aware of it, she ignored their murmured whispers and gestures to her. "Should we get something to eat too?" She looked at Jacus, height wise, she was only a few inches shorter then he was.

Jacus nodded, "Sure." He found a booth seat and a waitress took their order, "I'll have the salmon with a light ale. What do you you want Arwena?"

Arwena thought for a moment. "I think.. I'll try what he has... the salmon and ale..." when the waitress headed off she looked at Jacus. "What is ale? Is it like the wine we drink?"

"Ale is alcoholic like wine but instead of grapes, we use barley. I usually get it light since it is known to be strong. Light ale should have just as much alcohol as wine." He leaned back and looked around. Some people muttered and glanced at them, and some didn't care.

"Huh.... interesting.." when the food and drink came she studied it before taking a hesitant bite. "The salmon tastes really good...." She took a bigger bite and chewed slowly. Music started up and some patrons started singing and clapping. Arwena sniffed the ale and wrinkles her nose then tried a sip. "Certainly had it's own unique flavor.. that's for sure... and smell.... Huh?" Some young men where moving tables to the sides. "Do you think they are closing for the night?" When a young lad came up. "Excuse me, but can I ask this lovely lady to dance with me..."

Arwena stiffened her gaze intense on her tankerd. "I-i don't dance ..."

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

Jacus looked at her concerned and turned to the man, "She is new to taverns, she will pass for now." Turning back to Arwena he leaned over the table. "If you want to leave we can. They are just dancing and having fun."

"Please? I'll be up in the room... I ... don't dance vary well... I got my father's two left feet.... I always manage to trip and make a fool of myself..." She finished the ale, not really minding the taste and headed up to the room with her things. The man looked dejected. "She certainly puts the 'fair' in ' fair maiden' such a shame she is so shy.." the man muttered to himself before dancing with a waitress.

Jacus claps and songs with everyone and heads to bed later that night. He takes off his gear and is just wearing pants when he goes to bed and then wakes up that morning.

Arwena was asleep when he came up, and was awake before him. She had on a scarlet tunic this time and was combing her hair by the window, lost in thought. She hummed the song she heard last night. She had already changed her bandages, the wounds healing steadily. "Good morning...it looks like it will rain today... the clouds are dark....." near the little town, several miles away dark ran clouds gathered and was slowly moving toward them.

Jacus got up and looked outside, "Do you want to stay in town and wait for it to pass? Traveling in a storm is bad in this area."

"Only if you want to. My spell would keep us dry, but only for a little while.. I think it is best to wait it out. We can plan for our travel better, find the quickest route..." She looked at him and her cheeks matched her shirt and she quickly looked away. "Please get something on... I'll wait outside.." She quickly crossed the room and slipped out the door closing it softly behind her, she made a effort to hide her face with her long waist length hair.

Jacus watched as she left in a hurry. He looked down at his Abs and smiled, "Knight needs to stay in shape." He got dressed and called her back in. "Alright, let's go check up on Drago."

Jacus looked at her confused, "Are you okay. I can open the window if it's too warm..." He walked over to her and placed his hand on her head, "It's warm but not fever temperature."

"I'm fine .. I'm not sick ..." She waved his hand away. "Lets go check on the animals .." She walked out of the inn taking a deep breath. She had seen her father without a shirt on, no elf she knew had a body like that ...

((Lol he got the bod.))

He nodded and followed. Getting to the stable he went to Kayden and petted him, giving him something to eat out of his hand, "Good morning. I hope you enjoyed your well earned rest."

"He said he did." She petted the wolf murmured to Drago in Elvish. She still had a touch of color on her cheeks. She brushed down his fur and spoke to him rubbing his ears. Thunder rolled near by. "I'm heading back into the inn.. " She he went on back, and started to carve the bones they got, doing intricate designs on them.

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

((That's fine. I'm going to bed so if you want you can add more later. Night.))

When Arwena left, Jacus sat next to Dragon and rubbed behind his ears, "It's frustrating that I can't understand you... But at least you can understand me... Arwena is going through a tough time... If you could, talk to her. She needs to lighten up a bit. I'm trying to make her smile and laugh but I can do it alone. You with me?"

Drago lifted a paw for a handshake. He huffed and gave him a wolfish grin. Thunder rolled again, this time closer. Arwena was sitting in the corner of he inn, carving the bones. She felt homesick, and missed her dad's crazy antics, and Jeffrey, Jeffrey was always in on her dad's pranks.

Jacus shook his paw and headed back to the inn, went over to her, "You okay? I could buy us a drink..."

"I'm fine... just miss home...I'll live...." She spoke flatly. The rain came, starting out softly, and quickly getting harder until sheets of it came down from the sky. You could barely see out of the windows with all the rain.

Jacus sat next to her, "I miss my home too... But I like to look forward not back. When my job is done, we will turn around and your home will be forward."