Vorgin

Beyond the Soul

Arwena looked at him. "Wise words... hmm.. what do you think?" She showed him the bone that she carved a Dragon twisted around it, it's mouth spewing flames down the backside of the bone. "Should we sell it in the next town.. or... would you wish to keep it?"

Jacus shrugged, "It's your creation, I think you should make that desicion yourself."

"Keep it, as a gift for welcoming me outside my realm." She handed him the bone then worked on the bison horn. The inn was empty save for the owner, and the sound of rain was the only broke the silence. "If.... if you teach me how to dance, the human dances... I will help you to shoot better. Deal?"

Jacus looked to her in surprise, "Are you sure? You don't have to make a deal for me. I can try and teach you and you don't owe me anything."

"I just don't want your shotty aim to injure another poor creature and hearing you belly ache about it getting away and you have to go another night without some meat you carnivore, so do we have a deal or not?" She huffed, trying to fake being angry, but it wasn't working out to well. In truth, she wanted to learn more about men and their ways, dancing was a big deal for elves, although the moves where complex and always made her trip. The human dances looked fun, and far less complicated than the elvish ones......

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

((Woo Nat 20))

Jacus nodded, "You got me. Well want me to teach you now or later? We can't really shoot today."

Arwena set down the horn and her knife. "When ever you want to teach me... now would be a good time... no one is in here to see me trip up.." she stood. "But what about music...? Do we need it to dance?"

"Music would help... We could wait for them to play downstairs... That sound like a plan?"

She nodded and picked up the horn, carving every bone until it was nearing dinner, she didn't have lunch, being so focused on her work. When she was done with the bones she mended her tunic that had the arrow holes in it.

Jacus brought up dinner, handing her a crab salad while he ate pork chops. Afterwards they heard music from downstairs. "Well, ready to learn?"

Arwena are dinner thanking him, glad he got her something with fish, she had crab before and liked it. When she heard the music she hesitated then nodded. "Yes I am... thank you for dinner..." She headed down stairs surprised that some people still came even though it was still raining.

Jacus followed her, not wanting her to feel pressured at all. "If you want to stop at any point, we can head back upstairs."

Jacus saw that it was a slow dance, "Well this is a slow dance. Usual couples dance with this music... You don't have to learn this if you don't want to..."

Arwena pinned his with a glare. "Are you trying to back out of our deal. I want to learn all the dances including this one." She huffed and turned her back on him. "Unless you don't want to..."

Jacus waved his hands, "No no!! I'll teach you." He took her hand and pulled her to the side of the room. "So you will put your hands on my shoulders, and I will put mine on your hips..."

"On my...?" She looked shocked and then saw another couple dancing that way. She cleared her throat and placed her slender fingers on his shoulders. "Isn't there something called ball room dancing too?"

Jacus nodded and started to sway with her in the dance, "This is close to it. There is a whole matter of positions and foot placement for dances."

"Elven dances are three parts with places for hands and feet should move split into man and woman, typically the woman has to do the leading. This is simple to what I know. You would fall flat if you tried a elvish dance." The music picked up tempo and the other couples where swinging each other around, it seemed to go with the beat, but had no moves in particular. "What is this one? A folk dance?"

Jacus laughed, "Not really. Sometimes you just move the way your body tells you. Most dance is just for fun and you dance in your own way. I'll be your partner, you lead. Dance the way your body wants you to."

Arwena listened to the beat tapping her foot. She closed her eyes dragging him out into the middle of the floor and start to dance, her light feet hitting the wooden floor to the time of the music. She started laughing. She never knew it would be such fun to dance!

Jacus laughed to as they danced together. People clapping and dancing, drowning out the rain outside. A patron bought everyone in the tavern a round.

When the song was over she kept on giggling. "My! I never knew dancing like that would be such fun!" She took a drink and swallowed hard. It tasted different then the light stuff. She didn't touch it after that...

(Hmmm.. should Jacus fail his drunk save roll? Just to the point where he's talking nonsense.. that'll be funny!)