Vorgin

Beyond the Soul

((Rolled a 9))

They danced and drank and laughed as they had a good time. Jacus started to hiccup as the night went on, getting a tad too drunk. "So there we weress... the plains were flat and sssilend... all these bison charges us from nowheres. I starts to hack and hack all of them until we had enough meat to feed everyone from the human kingdom."

Arwena looked horrified. "Hopefully you used the meat! Let's go upstairs, you are too drunk. Sorry bout this.." She practically carried him up the stairs. "You need sleep. Rest!" She sat him on his bed sighing, her silver eyes studying him, concerned.

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

"Oh come onzzz! I'm old enough to drink all I want!" His eyes when relaxed and body swayed as he sat on his bed, "Your not my momzz... your older but look decades younger!"

"I am old enough to be your mother's mother! We have already missed a day's worth of travel... I won't miss another one because you are to drunk. Besides, you might hurt yourself. I won't let that happen." She scolded him lightly.

At this point he was talking non sense, "Your being too clozed mindeded... I probably would care less if you weren't soo beautyfulz... the king would givez up hiz crown in jellozy if I brought a gurl like yo homez..." He laid on his bed and started to drift asleep. "Maybez I could bring Dragoz home, make my kitty jealouz..."

"Go to sleep Jacus, you're drunk..." She tucked him in, taking off his boots and anything else that might make him uncomfortable. She hummed a song, helping him to fall asleep faster. Then she got out of her tunic and cloth paints slipping into a silk light green night dress that reached her ankles and when to bed herself.

Arwena could hear snoring but suddenly it was much closer. If she turned around, somehow Jacus was in the same bed as her, happily asleep.

Arwena woke the next morning, and rolled over............into something warm...... She opened her eyes and jumped sitting up. "Jacus! Man ceril? Echuio!!" She shook him.

((( look what I found! elvish! Man ceril = What are you doing? Echuio = wake up))

Jacus woke up wide eyed and fell out of the bed, "What's going on?!? Are we under attack?!?" He flailed around on the floor tangled up in a blanket.

"You got drunk last night and somehow got into my bed. Calm down! We're safe.... " She then murmured something under her breath and got up untangling him and hauling him to his feet. "Are you alright? No headaches, sensitivity to light..... sound maybe?" She clapped her hands once and opened the curtains slowly studying him for the signs of a hangover.

Jacus covered his eyes from the sudden light but quickly recovered. "You need to not scare me like that... Oh yeah, good morning."

Arwena sighed in relief. "You scared me. Good morning, we should plan today, the rain is a drizzle, and it is still early, we can leave when it stopped completely." She got out clothes for the day, then glanced at Jacus, she couldn't change when he was awake and in the same room.... and he couldn't either with her there, but she wasn't going down stairs in her sleep wear...

Jacus nodded, "Alright, best to get our gear together." He gave her a casual flick of the wrist in a salute and walked out of the room to give her privacy.

Arwena was glad for the privacy he provided and got dressed. She would need to wash her clothing at the next stream. Some of her clothing where dresses, or something like a dress, her mother insisting on her taking them and repacking her bag when she refused to bring any. She kept on a pair of dark brown cloth pants, and her knee length leather boots, but she walked out with a furious blush on her cheeks wearing a dress with a green cape over her shoulders, carrying her things. "I'll ready Drago and Kayden.... " She spoke flatly, her anger directed elsewhere, silver-blue eyes stormy.

Jacus just watched her storm by, admiring the dress but noticing it was not in Arwena's favor. Smiling to himself, he followed her not making any comments.

When she got into the stable she brushed Drago. "Yes I know.... I packed mostly tunics but my mom thought I would need a dress so she apparently packed a few. I wasn't going to muss up my clothes to find a tunic so I put this on." She saddled Drago and sighs. "I don't mind dresses.... I just think they are cumbersome for traveling." She spoke to Drago, have what looked like a single sided conversation with the wolf.

Jacus remained silent and packed up on Kayden. Something sloshed around in his bag and he readjusted it, he brought some light ale for the road, "So next should be... another small plain and then our destination."

Jacus looked over from Kayden with a confused look, "That's a random question... blue... why do you ask?" He got Kayden to start at a slow trot, still on time and not in any rush at the moment.

"Just asking, that's all..." She got on and headed out and to the edge of town before she stopped. "I think I left something at the Inn... wait here, ill be back in a moment..." before he could answer, Drago whipped around and sprinted back into town. She came back ten minutes later holding an arrow. "Never can have to many of these.... " She slipped it into her quiver. "Now tell me about the crown, the family of the king. You are close to them right? You should know what they are like.."

Jacus smiled and looked up, "The king is very kind... but my father is the one who spends with him a lot. From what I understand the queen is 5 years older, very wise, and not someone you want to get mad. Beyond that she is almost a mirror to the king's kindness. The current prince is energetic and a born leader. He rushes to conclusions and is still learning from his father... he is also my friend... the one marrying my sister."

(Argh! I need to check my email more, I won a prize Dragon but I didn't know until now...))

Drago froze. "What!? You mean your sister would be the next queen....oh my... I didn't expect that sudden turn of events...... my mother would be the next elder if Farthen was to retire. She is my teacher, and grandma.... " Drago started to trot again keeping up with Kayden.

((Congratz! What dragon is it??))

Jacus laughed, "Yeah... you would be correct... I guess that would make me brother to the future king and queen. I try not to think about it much, I want to think of them as family, not royalty."

((I didn't get it I think.... I was to late))

"True enough.... " She fell silent as they crossed the small plain....She messed with her dress constantly, trying to make it sit right on Drago. After a while Drago seemed to get restless and run ahead and and back again. "Can I ride with you? Drago wants to hunt again..."