Vorgin

Beyond the Soul

"It is carved... but I don't know, there are spells that animate inanimate objects....so I don't really know.. that's all my small family. Tell me more about your sister.. She sounds like a nice girl, and I do enjoy embroidery... and weaving, a made a tapestry for my parents anniversary...."

Jacus smiled, "Catherine. My sister is quiet and loving. She is a pacifist so any anger or violence mades her upset. She loves her work and is an expert though she is 18. She is dating my friend from the Knights and we expect them to marry in a year or sooner. A reason that I need to make it home."

"She sound vary much like us elves.. I would like to meet her. Don't worry, we are covering lots of ground. I'm sure we will make it back, and if we can't, I'll summon a giant eagle to carry you back home. You could tell her I give her my well wishes on her big day. " She smiled at him and picked up the pace, only a little, her wounds where still hurting.

Jacus looked at her blankly, "...couldn't you summon the eagle to take us there... that seems completely logical to not waste all this time if we could just fly there..."

((Better have a good excuse Gandolf.))

"Yes.... but the eagles take kindly to me, they do as I ask. I can only summon one, now, the Elders are hoping to increase my powers on this journey.... it would carry you and me, but not Drago. He is a piece of me, and I of him. If we are more then a few miles apart......."She shivered. "The bond is pulled tight and like a band, is snapped. We loose our connection, and thus our power. If he was a hawk like Kia, he could keep up with us, but the eagles fly high as well as swift. He would be lost to me..... "

((Is that good enough?))

((Lol))

Jacus thought of an excuse but shut up. "Alright. I enjoy both of you too much anyway to fast travel..."

Drago stopped at a small stream and Arwena slipped off and on to her knees groaning. "I've never ridden this long and far... " She checked her bandages seeing them red but haven't bled through to the shirt. She sighed heavily. "I wish I could do a healing spell on myself but it isn't possible.... look at me.." She laughed. "Not very Elven to be complaining now...Aye, but I'm still a child to them. It is expected...... I am not as experienced as you. ... how old are you? If I may ask..."

Jacus laughed as Arwena started to get more chatty. He stopped Kayden and jumped off at the stream, "28 going on 29. I know that many years means little to you though."

Arwena laughed, genuinely laughed, so hard she clutched her wounded side gasping for air. "We only perceive time differently. To the elves, I am nearly twenty... to you, I am almost two hundred years old. If you where an elf, you will be older than me. Ow! " she cursed in elvish and lay down. "I shouldn't laugh with this...... " She muttered to herself.

Jacus smiled as he saw her laugh, something he had not seen her do before, "For "20" you seem much more mature than some people my age. Do you want new bandages?"

"Yes... and more herbs.. they do help the bleeding...." She checked the bandages again, the one on her side was starting to seep through and she pulled up the tunic so blood wouldn't get on it she held the cloth above the wound. "Could you? It was hard putting it on myself...." her cheeks where pink at this, but she would deal with it, she needed help.

Jacus nodded, "Certainly. He helped her with the bandages. While doing so, he took notice of her smooth fair skin. He chewed up the herbs and applied it to the wound which looked much better than before. He covered it with bandages and sat back next to her, "You feeling good? If it feels painful you should tell me."

"It feels better now. Thank you... how much longer till we reach a human town? " She pulled out a bone and gave it to Drago as she ate some nuts. This knight wasn't like the cruel men she heard about, his touch was gentle, his voice light. She didn't know a whole lot about mankind to know if he was considered handsome or not, but he was always talking to her. It was rather... nice being spoken to as a equal. But... "you didn't answer my question... about wether or not men would see me as a warrior, and not just another pretty face..."

Jacus paused with pondering expression, "Men are... Diverse... It's all about mentality. Some could see you as a warrior goddess, some a barbarian, others a fair defenseless maiden, or a woman who thinks she is a man... I couldn't give you one answer."

"And what do you see me as?" She looked at him, her silver blue eyes curious, surely he wouldn't think of her as a defenseless maiden, considering she has proven that she isn't, and why would someone think of her as a barbarian? Elves aren't barbarians..... they are nothing of the sort.

Jacus thought for a moment and returned to look at her with a smile, "I see you as friend I can trust, and who I need to help. So that's what I'm going to do. For you and Drago."

Arwena returns the cheerful smile. "I am glad to have a friend such as you... we are glad... Drago is quite taken with you. He is normally shy or weary around strangers..." She petted her wolf. "Shall we head on? I think there is a river a little far. Streams from rivers.. so if we follow the stream we'll run into the river"

Jacus nodded, "On that, you are correct. Let's go." He saddled up Kayden again and started when Arwena and Drago were ready.

Arwena followed him and soon they reached a river. She frowned. "I see a town.. only a few houses but a small town up ahead. " She pointed but from human sight, nothing was there. "It's father up the river, should we head there to rest? It looks new, so it might not be on the map just yet..."

Jacus looked were she looked, "Uh... I don't see anything... But if you say so, lead the way then..."

Arwena had Drago go into a light run, fast enough to cover the ground before nightfall, without leaving Kayden in the dust, the wolf's long legs quickly surpassed the horse and was several yards ahead. "We're almost there!" She was right, a small town came into view, there was a single inn combined with a pub, a black smithy, and a clothing shop, and a small stable several houses, all farms where around the town. It was really quite small.

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

Jacus looked around, "Well then, this is new to me... almost too good to be true..." He smiled but wondered to himself if there was something off about the town.

"There is no magic if you are wondering... none that I could detect at least... " she heads towards the stable and has Drago stay in one. She seemed to have a silent conversation with Drago, rubbing her head against his and me huffed and snorted trying to push her out. Finally she gave in and gathered her things waiting outside the stable. "This journey is full of firsts for me. First time outside the forest, first time getting shot, first night away from Drago....." She looked back inside like she was going to sleep in the stable to not be away from her wolf.