Vorgin

Beyond the Soul

Jacus nodded, he pulled out more herbs and started to chew them. He nodded to her and grabbed the arrow in her shoulder. He pulled it out and applied to herbs. Pressing hard on the bleeding wound, he repeated the bandage process. Once done he washed off any excess blood on her and then washed his hands. "We will replace the bandages tomorrow. A night's rest will stop the bleeding."

Jacus set up his tent but gave her and Drago the blanket. He knew they needed it more than he did.

Arwena started to shiver, and Drago nearly hid her body with his own. She shifted in her sleep and seemed to be having a nightmare. She woke sitting up and cried out clutching her side leaning against Drago's side as he whimpered and held her up licking her arm. She burrowed her face in his fur. "My beloved forest was burning, the Great Tree of Ages was black and consumed by flames. The stars where dark, there was no day, no night. The moon was a black void of nothingness..... it was awful!" She sobbed, speaking in her native language to her wolf.

She could hear Jacus snoring from his tent, just laying in his armor, sword by his side, the other arm sticking out of the tent.

"Are you watching Drago?... hmm.." She fell asleep again curled into Drago's side, Jacus would find her like that in the morning. She woke stiff and sore, and stretched but cried out, Drago yowled and whimpers as she lay on her back again. "I hurt so much..."

Jacus flinched as they yelled out, "What the... Oh... Morning. We need to change the bandages before we go. You okay?" He got up and went over to them with new bandages.

"I'm in pain. Didn't sleep well... you seemed to be sleeping just fine....I never got hit before." She breathes closing her eyes letting him change the bandages. "I need to change my clothes.. .." She flushed red seeing she didn't have her tunic on, leaving only a thin gossamer covering and a thick stiff band of silk and soft bamboo strapped around her chest. She pulled the blanket around her tightly.

Jacus saw her flush red and back away embarrassed, "U-Uh... if you want to do the bandages yourself as you dress, I'll wait over by Kayden to give you your space..." He held out the bandages and her tunic which only had two small cuts in it.

Arwena took the bandages and tunic, folding it and rummaging around in her saddle bag pulling out another tunic, this one a rich deep midnight blue with silver leaf and vine embroidery on the hem and around the neck. She changed her bandages and slipped the clean tunic on, this one making her eyes silver and hair seemed to glow. She brushed it back in to a pony tail and tied it with a red ribbon, wincing as she stretched her shoulder. "I'm ready.. "

Turning around, Jacus froze as he looked at Arwena, captivated by her appearance. He had never seen anyone like this before, almost like he was travelling with a goddess. Shaking his head, he nodded, "Y-yeah... okay. You clean up really nice..." He got on Kayden once everything was packed.

She packed up and got on wincing. "I won't be of much use, I can't shoot my bow with a bad shoulder. Are there any human towns here by? Hmm.. maybe I can call on a hawk to scout ahead for us...." Drago moved forward keeping it slow, trying to avoid bumps in the path and making sure the ride was as smooth as possible. She kept a tight hand on her staff, it was her only close combat weapon other then her dagger.

Jacus opened the map,

(Rolling a dice to see if there is... 6...)

"...the nearest human town is quite a far distance from here... though... there is a forest nearby that is home to... Dark Elves."

Arwena looked murderous, her silver eyes flashing as she hissed and growls like Drago who's hackles has lifted. "Stay away from them... they use dark magics..... they are twisted in heart and mind, I have no love for our Dark cousins...." it took her a while to calm down.

Jacus leaned back as he could even fear Arwena's voice darken, "Okay okay, just telling you what I know. We push on and take frequent breaks, hopefully at water sources. If Kayden can manage, we could carry more weight."

"He could carry you in full armor, while wearing armor himself, and pull a cart full of weapons. Kayden can manage, he says he likes you and wishes to stay being your horse after the journey. ..... I am sorry for my reaction.... the dark and light never got along... no wonder I had that horrible nightmare last night..... " She sighed, she didn't mean to frighten him, she had bad blood between the Dark elves, her first teacher went dark... it was a frightening sight to behold.

Jacus thought for a moment, "It reminds me of people we exile for crimes or black magic... banished to the swamplands..." He never knew anyone who had to be banished, but he could guess the mental pain could make one go mad. Moving some gear off of Drago, they took a small break by a stream.

"Yes but these are more powerful than humans.....and far more dangerous...." She got down and filled her canteens, letting Drago drink. "I am a druid...there is a basic spell to create two gallons of pure water when we need it and am technically a level..(rolling dice) three... my spells are quite useful.. " She gets on Drago again and takes out the ribbon, combing her hair with a silver comb, before putting it back in to a pony tail.

((Huza! Found a list of spells I think we should ignore the dice roll things and just say she could heal one person or call a small creature.. I'll explain when we need it.))

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

Jacus thought for a moment, "My father taught me that not all darkness is evil. Likewise, not all Light is good. That is why I'm not quick to judge based on one's abilities."

"There might be a few drow who are good, but.... I have never met them. My first teacher went dark..... I was still really little and it gave me nightmares for several months after..... He was so kind, but something in his soul was corrupt, thus making him that way. Because of this, even I know the light could be hiding something dark.... should we press on? You told me about your family, what do you want to know about my own? It seems only fair that I tell you about my family."

Jacus thought about corruption. He had never seen it occur by he had seen the aftermath. The concept was still blurry to him. He nodded and pushed on, "Sure. You guys also have a longer history than my family does too so more stories."

"You may think so, but we really don't. We don't believe in doing things in short amounts of time, so the stories I have happened over a course three years or more... but I'll stick to the main details..." She rode in silence for a moment, thinking about which one to tell. "First off, what would you like to know about my family?"

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

Jacus thought for a moment and spoke, "Just do like I did. I talk about my young life, my parents and siblings, and my relationship with the kingdom."

"Hmmm... as you know, I have no siblings. My parents are both from strong lines of druid keepers. They had a arranged marriage to bring two guard houses together into one, but they both developed strong feelings for each other. My father... is not the most graceful elf. He claims to have camel feet and trips over them quite often. He goes to such great lengths to make my mother and I laugh. I am more like my mom, the serious one, but she has been known to play a few pranks on some elves... I have too, although my Dad was normally there to cheer me on. My father made this bow for me out of heart wood, a naturally hard wood, with an iron wood spell so I can swing it at something and it will not break. The staff my mother carved out of Burch, her favorite tree, the lotus flower bud on top. The flower means creation, the afterlife, enlightenment, fertility and sensuality, purity, and health. She thought it would bring me good fortune in having it."

Jacus looked at it closely, "Is it going to bloom? It would look cool if it opened up."