Vorgin

Beyond the Soul

Jacus nodded and finished, "Alright then. We got a few hours to kill as the sun sets... So I'm not sure what you want to do."

"You start a fire, and I'll look around for things I can eat. " She got up and wandered off stopping at bushes to study them, sometimes picking things off of them. Drago herded Kayden to green grass so the horse could eat.

Starting a fire was easy as Jacus got some grasses and then branches from so nearby bushes. "Toasty warm."

Jacus took a long stick and tested its strength. Tying a string to it, he made himself a fishing rod, "Something I was thinking of making before I left. I guess this will do."

"The fish like Dragon flies. You could catch some in the cattails over there. " She took a bite of the root she cooked and when she was done eating she got out her bedroll and laid it on the ground getting set up for tonight. Her first day away from home.

Jacus smiled, "Thanks." With that he walked over and attempted to catch some dragonflies, "So though you care for all life, I'm guessing your not much of a insect person?"

"Mammals and birds, insects are of their own type and most of the time they harm the trees. No, I don't like them."" She lay on her bed roll and looked up at the darkening sky. "The stars are bright here..... so many could be seen..."

Jacus laughed as he walked back, "That's what happens when your not covered in trees. While not my forst time outside the Kingdom... I love looking around every time."

He grunted bit frustrated at her stern attitude. "Actually I did last night before I went to sleep. I was wonderful to hear the things in your woods." He sat back as the fire crackled and water boiled.

Jacus sighed heavily, "No... when does Dragon plan to return with some bison meat? I sure could use something other than salad, though your parents know how to cook."

Drago looked up at his name then headed out, coming back with a bison calf in his jaws. Arwena made a sound like she would vomit and walked away from the young bison.

Jacus smirked and walked over knife in hand, "Don't worry boy, we can have all the meat to ourselves." He patted Drago and started to skin the Bison. "Bark once for your meal to be raw, bark twice for cooked."

"Wolves don't bark, he says cooked." Arwena called from a ways away looking like she was trying not to be sick in the fading light. Drago lays down by Jacus making two chuff sounds. His ears folded back looking at Arwena. He didn't look to happy with her being so far away.

Jacus patted his head, "Don't worry, she will get used to it. I mean you HAVE to eat meat..." He took a slab of meat and cooked it medium rare.

Drago huffed and sighed with a groan, looking at Jacus with white blue eyes. Arwena waited until they were finished eating before heading back to the fire.

Jacus looked at her with a smile, "Enjoy your walk? I was thinking you could use the bison bones for something. Wouldn't want any to go to waste for the buzzards."

"Bones can be good tools.... or we can sell them to a medicine maker or shaman healer. Necromancers use bones too... I don't use anything of animals... skins and bones disrupt our power with nature. It's like using nature against it's self. Have you ever seen a earthquake disrupt a tornado? Persuading animals while having bones with predators might work, but not on the benevolent creatures....I can carve them to earn money.... people like elvish carvings."

Jacus nodded, "I will trust your judgement on what to do, luckily since it was a calf we can take all the ones that are usable. I already prepared the hind, so all we got extra is some meat. Still hungry Drago?"

Drago licked him in a 'yes' and opened his mouth for the meat. "Drago likes to chew on bones so the ones I don't use he can have, they strengthen his teeth and sharpen them. How does that sound?"

Jacus shrugged and gave him any spare mean that he wasn't bring with him. The piles he didn't keep were put into a pile next to him. "Alright. I'm going to bed. Wake me for my shift.

Arwena nodded and Drago fell asleep next to Jacus. She looked about the flat fields, keeping her back to the fire not wanting to obscure her low light vision. Four hours before dawn she woke Jacus up and fell asleep herself on her bed roll, Drago helped Jacus keep watch during his shift.

Jacus yawned and looked around. The plains were as flat as ever. The occasional fish rippled the lakes surface for the remaining hours. Jacus pet Drago, "I wish you were mine or I had a pet like you. All my cat does it get my clothes all hairy and drop dead mice by the door."