Vorgin

Beyond the Soul

Drago sighed and watched the sunrise. He didn't know what to do. Arwena woke and stretched giving Jacus and Drago a piece of bread eat a slice herself. "We should start packing up.." She did so as she spoke.

Jacus remained silent in thought that morning and helped pack up. He got on Kayden and was ready, waiting for Arwena.

Arwena seemed to be distracted, her eyes glazed as she spoke silently with Drago. Drago was more animated then her tilting his head and ears, opening and closing his mouth with whimpers wines, and huffs. At one point he shook his massive head as they walked making a low growl. He then fell silent, and looked at Jacus sadly like he was trying to calm her mood but failed. He needed Jacus' help.

Jacus looked forward and patted Kayden, "The weather is really nice today..." He stops Kayden and gets off. "We got up a bit early, why don't we walk ourselves for a bit?" He gave a slight smile.

"Glad you asked.. Drago's saddle isn't the most comfortable thing to ride on.." She got off and rubbed her back stretching before walking. Drago took Kayden's Rain's in his mouth and walked a little behind them. "As much as I miss home .... I don't want to go back.... not knowing what is going to happen there..."

Jacus turned to her in surprise. "What do you mean? Why wouldn't you want to go home? Your family and friends are all there. I for one can't wait to return."

"I... I want to see my family but they don't know. ... " She sighed. " My grandfather is Thrii. The ranger elder. In two years time he will have a marriage arranged between me and Orion. A ranger elf, but a good friend nonetheless. But you see, he is timid and shy, preferring to be alone...... and he is scared to death of wolves........ Grandfather doesn't know that I know of his plans.... my grandma, the druid elder doesn't know either, and wouldn't approve of it. Every other man in my close knit community are afraid of me, or they like me, just not Drago. ...... I do not wish to be with anyone who would only care for half of me. They seem to forget... Drago can not leave me, he is apart of me....So you see... that is why I don't want to return...."

Jacus thinks for a bit and suddenly takes her hand, "I'll come back with you when we are done. I will explain to them that you need to come with me back to my kingdom to be honored for assisting me. That will give you more te to work things out."

Arwena's fingers curled around his, she smiled softly. "Thank you, I would appreciate it... perhaps I can use my time at your city to meet your family, and your cat..." She smiled a little wider at her joke glancing at him then looked back at her boots. "I would like some time to plan, I need to speak carefully around my grandfather.... not that he would harm me but, if he follows through.... I would be the third generation to have a arranged marriage. My mother was lucky, having found love in my dad.... my grandma is.... well they are quite close, and over time developed feelings but.. it is still vary fragile, I don't want to ruin what they tried so hard to get to over many centuries..."

Jacus smiled, "relax and use the time to think, not dwell. Enjoy the rest of this time while you are away."

Arwena squeezed his hand. "Thank you.... I really need someone other than Drago to listen to me... What races do you think are living in Unity? Do you think there are half elves there? Eladrin?" She kept her hand in his, needing the support he gave her. The young lads at the small town only seemed to be interested in her for her looks, Jacus seemed like he truly cared for her. It was a pleasant change and she enjoyed his company. Even Drago likes him, his constant complaints about the lack of his ability to communicate made her annoyed, so she hoped she could find something like a trinket that would help Jacus speak to Drago.

Jacus smirked, "Well we won't find out until we get there, won't we?" He let go and started to run down the path. "I guess I'll find out first!!" He laughed as he ran.

Arwena laughed then took off quickly over taking him leaving a trail of dust. "I'm an elf with the speed of a wolf! Good luck!" She shouted back at him. She had stopped and was a speck of emerald in the brown and dull green hues of the plains.

Actually Jacus was very strong and while not agile, could plow through most with great speed, keeping pace with her. "If your a speedy wolf then I'm a powerful dragon!"

Arwena was about to retort when Drago shot past the two of them with Kayden on his back and over took them quickly. She laughed and continued to run enjoying herself entirely. Eventually she slowed painting and collapsed on the ground struggling to catch her breath. "I can't....... run...... anymore....so tired...... "She huffed.

She was faster than him by a good 5 minutes but Jacus is better endurance. "Hey you okay? I thought you had more energy than that. You should tell them to stop so we can catch up."

He offered her his hand, "Need me to be Drago and carry you till we catch up to them?"

(Night)

"Please?..... I don't think.... I can get up...." She closed her eyes. "At least.... I know you....can carry me...where do you get so much energy!" She just folded her arms around her chest and sighed still breathing heavily.

Jacus smiled as he helped her get on his back. He then started to walk. "Well we have been riding for the last few days... so it's been built up. I'm an endurance guy anyway, unlike your quick bursts and then running out of energy."

"I have been in the woods, and send my energy to Drago who is allowed outside the gates to hunt. Otherwise, I would have more energy.... ....." She cooled down fast, and if Drago's heat wasn't around, she would be cold all the time. Jacus was warm and he smelled nice. She fell asleep on his back. Drago was far ahead and huffed when they came up. Kayden was back on his hooves and shifted from hoof to hoof wanting to walk, they where almost there.

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

Jacus smiled as he got to them, "You two seemed like you had fun. She dozed off didn't she?" He gently helped her onto Drago's back and got on with her after moving some gear on Kayden to balance out. "Move on friends."

Drago started walking, Kayden following when there was a cart up ahead, with some people in the back. The sun was lowering, they were quite close to Unity by now. Arwena still was asleep, leaning against him.

Jacus waved as they passed, knowing people meant the city was close. The central tower peaked over the trees and they soon hit a gate.

Guard- "Hello, what is your business in Unity.

Jacus- "I have a letter to the mayor I must hand deliver. It's from the King of the Human Kingdom. These are my traveling companions.

Guard- The seal look official. You may pass.

With a nod Jacus leads them in.

Arwena jerked awake rubbing her eyes. "Don't yell at me you over grown throw rug. " She yawns then looked around. "Oh..... wow... we're here.." She twisted and grinned up at Jacus.