Vorgin

Beyond the Soul

Jacus nodded "Sure. Oh! Could I ride on Drago and hunt with him? Would he be okay with that?" He sat up grinning like an excited child.

"Only if you hang on tight..... and shoot right. " She got off grab her bow and a quiver hooking it on Kayden's saddle and got on. Drago waited until Jacus got on before taking off, faster then any horse. Arwena pulled out a long blue cloak and some thread, starting to embroider the pre made cloak for Jacus. She made sure he didn't see it.

Jacus leaned low on Drago, holding tight so he didn't fall off. "No wonder Arwena hogs you all the time. Your really fun to ride!!"

Drago ran and stopped, crouching. He rustled a bush and a rabbit came running out, he ran after it to its den. No luck. He trotted else where until he saw a buck he froze and crouched letting Jacus hit it first.

Arwena worked on the cloak, they were talking a long time... She made sure Kayden was still going in the right direction knowing Drago would catch her scent and follow.

Jacus took Arwena's bow, and quickly admired it's craftsmanship. Notching an arrow he drew and took aim. "Time for round 2..." He took a deep breathe and held still. Closing one eye and looking at the buck, he released. With a "thomp" the buck died immediately from the arrow in the neck, hitting the spine.

Drago trotted over and flipped it on his back then headed back to Arwena. When he approached quickly, a white blur smacked into Jacus chest knocking him off. Arwena stopped Kayden and got off, throwing his bow on his belly and picking up hers. "The first and last time you would ever use my bow for such a horrible thing. I will teach you to use your own, not mine. " She moved her things over to Drago, moving the dead deer to Kayden and mounted Drago hurrying away from the corpse.

Jacus sighed and followed, "She really needs to lighten up..." He patted Kayden and they followed to the next rest point.

Arwena built a fire and started roasting salmon, she ate that as Drago paced for a hunk of meat from the deer, nosing the flank letting Jacus know he likes that the best. Arwena had set up a leaning tent type thing to keep the wind off of her, and she started working on her project. It would take her a few days, but she was good at embroidery.

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

Jacus petted Dragon and started to skin and cut the buck with his knife. It took time but he gave Dragon some of the choice pieces and then started to cook and season some for him.

Jacus whistles and looks at the map, "A day and a half. We will travel for a day and get there the next night. We will rest and then turn in my letter. Then we can explore the city for a day or two, then head back."

Jacus shrugged, "Same reason you didn't send me there on a giant eagle when I arrived at the Elvish Forest..."

"The eagle would have ate you as soon as you where far enough away, a hawk wouldn't do that but.. fine.. forget it.. " she sighs and continues her work. 'I'll take first watch tonight."

Jacus gulped at the thought of being eaten by an eagle. He nodded and set up camp, then fell asleep.

Arwena continued working until she was done with both of the green dragons she embroidered on the shoulders of the blue cloak she got Jacus. After that she scanned the flat planes for a while before starting on the gold Elvish writing on the caller of his cloak. She was able to do one side before it was Jacus’ turn to take watch. She went to wake him, lightly taping his cheek leaning over him, the tent being to small for her. “Jacus… wake up.. it is your turn now.” she hoped he wouldn't jump awake like he did last time, in this tight space... something would happen.

Jacus yawned and got up, "Alright... have a good sleep... I'll hold till sunrise. Good Night." He sat up by a rock and put his sword by his feet.

Arwena went to her cloth lean to and fell asleep. Drago sat next to Jacus, he started scratching at the earth, like he was trying to write, but the script was elvish... although easy to write, Jacus wouldn't understand it if he didn't know the language.

Jacus smirked, "Sorry bud, I couldn't read that even with a dictionary..." He looked out over the horizon. "That sunrise is going to be great."

Edited by Dotzrus

Drago huffed. It wasn't a sunset.. sunrise... but.. that doesn't really matter. He nudged him and looked at Arwena's sleeping form and back at him. The lack of communication with this man was clearly bugging him. He nudged him again, then looked at Arwena and back, then scratched again, this time a picture of a heart. He pointed his huge paw at his soul halves form and placed his paw on the heart, not braking eye contact with Jacus.

Jacus looked at him and the picture, then to Arwena. He spoke in a hushed tone as not to wake her. "...you don't mean? No! Of course not! She's my friend but I don't think she would take a liking in me. I'm just human... she has better elf males to live life with, I'll pass centuires before her..."

Drago looked like he didn't believe him then pointed to him then the heart jerking his head towards her once more then nosed him lightly. Almost knowingly. Nothing went passed a wolf's keen nose. He lay his massive head in Jacus' lap, wiggling his ears letting him know he would listen to him if he wants to talk.

Jacus sighes and patted Drago, "It's hard not to like her... But... I'm afraid to love knowing its doomed. Im only a small story in her endless life... I don't want her to think of me as another memory."

Drago dug out the bone Arwena carved the Dragon on and gave it to Jacus then drew a question mark then nosed the Dragon bone and touched his nose to Jacus's heart. ask a Dragon questions about you heart? He seemed to ask. Maybe they might help him. It was worth a shot.

Jacus thought for a moment, "...I have a Dragon's soul... but why would dragon's care about my heart... I've done nothing for them and that dead one already paid his dues. I wouldn't be surprised is some dragons hate me for stopping that dragon's soul from passing."