Vorgin

Beyond the Soul

Jacus nodded, "Yeah... not much to see in the dark, so we need to hit up an inn... the king recommended one for me near the entrance... there!" He pointed to an inn called the "Scaleless Snake".

"Sounds shady...... hopefully they have a room for Drago and Kayden in the stables...." She got off at the entrance and shivered at the cold, although the night was quite warm, she always ran colder than most elves. "Perhaps they have elvish wine... I would like you to try some, it really is better then the ale.. you'll like it I know you would."

Jacus nodded. "Most taverns offer stables. I heard some things in Unity ride on giant beasts bigger than even Drago." They move to the inn and see an elephant in it's stable. "Told you..."

Arwena stood agape at the elephant never having seen such a beast. She spoke to the stable hand and the boy lead Drago and Kayden into a large stall, both in the same one. She then spoke to the elephant and it's trunk lifted and brushed her cheek before Arwena turned to Jacus. "She is wonderful! So full of thoughts. Her name is Ella and she says her riders are very good to her. Shall we go in side and find a room? From what Ella said, they are nearly full for tonight, a ship came into port and many sailors are staying here..."

Jacus smiled, "Agreed." He went inside, the inn owner was a middle aged but good looking human, his wife was a dark elf, probably older but looking young and beautiful with her darkened skin.

Jacus- Hello. We are looking for a room.

Man- We are getting tight... name?

Jacus- Jacus. I'm from the Human Kingdom.

Man- Ah yes! Your king reserved a room for you ahead of time. A suite with a single king sized bed. Perfect for you two.

Jacus- ...one bed... what do you think Arwena?

Arwena's cheeks where pink. "I'll take the floor." She squeaked, then cleared her throat speaking normally. "Considering the king didn't know the elves would stop you let alone send someone who you it is only fair that you get the bed... besides, I slept on the way here.." She reasoned, although it didn't stop her from turning even more pink when the dark elf said something in her language and Arwena pulled up her hood to hide her blush, which colored from her slender neck to her pointed ears. She muttered something back to the elf and she only giggled at Arwena.

Jacus blinked in confusion, "We can decide who gets floor later. Would you mind taking up our things while I make arrangements with the owners on our stay time and food options?"

Arwena nodded, took his things and went up unlocking the door. She set his things down neatly then sat in a chair in the corner counting her arrows and studying her bow string for any fraying, afraid to take out her project in case Jacus joined her quickly, she used the time to meditate, calming her nerves. Why was she like this? She wasn't like this before... was it possible she saw something in him? He was the only other one besides her Dad who could make her laugh..... no no.. He was a human, she shouldn't grow too attached.

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

Jacus set up the plan with the owner and went over to his wife. "So Uh... What did you say to her. I've never seen her like that before..."

The elf smiled. "I simply told her that you two make a cute couple and I was sure you would make a handsome husband someday... She is a woodland elf, is she not? Their tradition and lifestyle is falling in love and marrying only one man. In a city like this one, things are different... I was lucky to find my husband." She smiled at him. "She said it wasn't like that though.. what a shame, you two do look like a lovely couple.."

Jacus flushed a bit, "Ah, thanks but we are just friends... Thanks for holding the king's reservation for us. I'm happy to see not all dark elves are as bad as Arwena's kind thinks."

"Welcome... and those who stayed in their forest are..... some of us left and came here after the war to get away from our kin's wicked ways. Others fled after, to avoid making a pact with demons.... the past is passed though.."She waved it off. "I'll send up your dinners when they are ready. Any drinks would you prefer?"

Jacus nodded, "Arwena wanted some authentic elvish wine. Would that be okay?

"Certainly! I do warn you, it is stronger to you then it is to her.. or.. the other way around.. hmm it affects everyone differently. Go ahead and head upstairs, it will be ready in a moment."

Arwena was cross legged and meditating when Jacus came in. Her hands loosely on her lap, and she undid her hair so it encircled her, breathing deeply. She looked peaceful, powerful....

Jacus smiled, "I'll keep that in mind." He went up and saw Arwena. "Elvish wine will come up as requested."

"Thank you. Will you be having some as well?" She opened her eyes studying him. Her bed roll and blankets was on the floor in the corner, she took off her cloak but was still in her dress. Her shoulders shook slightly like she was cold but ignoring it.

Jacus nodded, "I will... Only if you sleep in the bed. You need it. I don't want it."

Arwena's head dropped. "I sleep only four hours a night. My wounds are almost healed... I don't need it, your a human you sleep eight hours a night, you need a well rest. " She sighs. "Are we really arguing about who gets the bed? Look it's big enough for me and you, I'll sleep on one side, you on the other. Deal?"

"Deal." Jacus blinked as he answered without thinking first. "As long as your okay with sharing a bed..."

Arwena remains silent stunned he agreed so quickly. "Well.. I... um... are you okay sharing the bed because you agreed a little quick there, which makes me think my restlessness will keep you awake so it would be better if I slept on the floor... besides... if anything I'll sleep with Drago.. I'll be warmer with him at least..." she muttered softly.

(I'll be on later tonight k?)

((Okay))

Jacus nodded slowly. "It's fine... We are both mature. If I keep you awake you should go to Drago.

(Not yet.. I'm going in a moment though.))

Arwena fell into a uncomfortable silence until the food arrived. The tray ha a salad with candy nuts and melons and cucumbers in it for Arwena, and Jacus has a stake with garlic mashed potatoes. There was a long bottle of Elven wine and two goblets. The woman poured the wine and left the bottle with them saying it was ' on the house' and left. Arwena started eating, drinking the wine.

(Might roll for her.. she's a bit of a light weight.. and it is considered strong wine))

Jacus joined her and ate and drank. "Well they certainly got great food here! This is awesome!"

(Unless you want to have the dark elf spike their drinks)

(Certainly....xd.png same scale you went by....... oh snikers.....I got a 2.... oh my... I'm going to have fun with this))

"It really is! Way better then back home." She drank another glass. She finished eating, a blush across her nose. She sipped the wine. "This wine is really good isn't it?" She giggled at nothing in particular and kept on giggling.

(18 so Jacus is dealing with the drunk this time.)

Jacus smiled and kept eating, wine finished from his cup, "All of it is wonderful! I can't pick a favorite."