MessengerDragon

Solstice Sprites

I thought Odie had already commented on the matter, which wouldn't really leave much for me to add.

Not unless she said it on the IRC. There's been nothing on the forum that I can see (just checked her comment history.)

Well, there we go, not a glitch. I don't have that much of a strong opinion one way or the other (it's Christmas, less drama!) but I suppose I like the change. I'd be a little upset if I didn't have the sunny-winged ones, but that's life. The blues are quite pretty as well.

I find it interesting that with the Solstice, at a quick glance, one can tell which was CB. I did rather like the rose colored underwing <big sigh> ...that said they still are most beautiful.

My opinion on the matter - I don't really care much either way. Although I am ever so slightly in favor of this interesting little change, simply because it's different and I like dragons that have offspring different from the parents (lookin' at you, Avatars). It's a neat little feature.

I am very disappointed with the removal of the sunset colors from the Solstices. IMO it was handled poorly and inconsiderately. There is no reason to believe that they'll be back. Since the sunset wing color was a significant component to this dragon and thus for breeding activities, those are no longer possible. With no information about the future of the sunset winged Solstice, one of my favorite dragons in DC, has been eliminated.

I really like the CB coloring...but I don't mind the change either.

Sometimes different is good. wink.gif

I disagree. As I recall, the major drama from the Snow Angels came mostly from after the recoding due to person or persons unknown hacking the site just to get the color wings they wanted. That's when the rest of us woke up to find our dragon's wing colors had changed as TJ had to recode the sprites. (Yes, I was one of the unhappy folks who went from the wing color I most liked to the one I least liked, and still roundly curse the hacker(s).)

Mmm I remember a lot of people complaining about the wings both before and after the recoding, and because they couldn't get all three ("scrolls are going to be incomplete furevrrrrrrr" and fuss like that.) Some people quit because of that, as well.

Kind of mad we did not at least get a warning and all I got from Odeen's post about the dragons is the picture.

https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showt...0entry7931118

If you look at her post and on the picture the first solstice has no sunset/sunrise wings. (which never occured to me as weird at the time)

I mean I have CB ones but some lineages I was hoping to checker will be ruined. After all that planning, gone to waste. Got to rethink i guess.

I like both sprites, but I based my breeding pairs around a red-shaded wing so that would be a bit disappointing.

I have the Snow Angel sprite that i like the least and my scroll didn't error so i will never get my favorite sprite of all time, the Alt Sweetling. Compared to either of those, this apparent sprite change is no big deal.

Kind of mad we did not at least get a warning and all I got from Odeen's post about the dragons is the picture.

If you look at her post and on the picture the first solstice has no sunset/sunrise wings. (which never occured to me as weird at the time)

I mean I have CB ones but some lineages I was hoping to checker will be ruined. After all that planning, gone to waste. Got to rethink i guess.

Yes, I had to look it up, too, but it wasn't anything I paid attention To until just now.

Yes, I had to look it up, too, but it wasn't anything I paid attention To until just now.

I thought that was just the back of the wing? huh.gif

That's because what's shown is the back of the wing. The pink is only on the underside.

Edited by Kith

I really don't get what all the fuss is about this, its ultimately a collection of varied colored pixels to make something pretty. I think what TJ and the spriters decide is ultimately their decision and they don't have to report to everyone like a little kid to their mommy. I like both kinds of solstices and I am sorry that not everyone's lineages are going to look as good as they hoped but at the same time if you want a say in how a dragon looks why don't you all go try spriting. Its not as easy as it looks and our spriters are wonderfully talented and TJ didn't have to even make this game in the first place.

I think our spriters deserve some credit for their talents instead of being slammed every time the majority gets something they don't expect.

I thought Odie had already commented on the matter, which wouldn't really leave much for me to add.

But yes, this is on purpose (and has always been the intention since they were made).

So the intention was always to disappoint and disadvantage new players with yet another exclusive? It's beyond unfair.

I really don't get what all the fuss is about this, its ultimately a collection of varied colored pixels to make something pretty. I think what TJ and the spriters decide is ultimately their decision and they don't have to report to everyone like a little kid to their mommy. I like both kinds of solstices and I am sorry that not everyone's lineages are going to look as good as they hoped but at the same time if you want a say in how a dragon looks why don't you all go try spriting. Its not as easy as it looks and our spriters are wonderfully talented and TJ didn't have to even make this game in the first place.

I think our spriters deserve some credit for their talents instead of being slammed every time the majority gets something they don't expect.

This. Just this, is exactly how I feel.

I just have to say that I feel bad for those who missed out on the CB Sunset-Colored wings last year and had high hopes to have them on their scroll this year.

The blue one is so bland to me, lol.

Oh and I wasn't planning lineages this year and bred what to whatever; but I sort of was excited for this girl: http://dragcave.net/lineage/CUTaR to be like her mommy, but now it's going to look so bad xd.png;

Whatever.

I'm actually pretty sad about this change because of the two solstices I have gotten neither are second gen and as such the lineage looks a bit... Odd? Red-wing, red-wing, blue? As someone who was hoping to at least have the original sprite on their scroll this is a pretty sudden and upsetting thing for me? I've missed out on most all cb christmases except for one ribbon dancer i lucked out on last minute. So, I spent a lot of this year getting my first ones of all the years I've missed. To now not be able to get a red-wing solstice is kind of sad for me?

I'm sure I could hope for another year but well... That's a whole darn year just for a red-wing solstice.

EDIT: here's an example. It's a tinselkin which is great but now it looks funny to me. :/

Edited by tenyasyugan

That's because what's shown is the back of the wing. The pink is only on the underside.

oh well oops, but that was the only thing I actually saw anything that might give us a clue since TJ just said she has told us before xd.png

which I highly doubt or we would not be confused like this.

Edited by lollipop00

Snow Angel and Solstice, it looks like Holiday dragons are a quite exclusive breed. blink.gif

Luckily I like Halloween better. biggrin.gif

I like these news - suddenly, I want to make a Solstice/Avatar checker laugh.gif

I'm actually pretty disappointed.

My entire breeding/catching plans this holiday have revolved around the Soltices, on the assumption that they'd look the same as the CBs. They're kind of pointless to me now, all 15 or 16 of them.

I wish I'd have known this was going to happen before I bred and caught, because I'd have done something very different.

Not pleased.

Except holiday breeding happens for one week of the year, and people have been planning their lineages for weeks if not months.

Is it too much to expect that we know what we're going to get?

Credit for talent and "if you're not happy try spriting yourself" is a pretty disingenuous argument. If I COULD change these things back to the way I've spent the past year thinking they'd look, and had NO warning whatsoever that they wouldn't, then I'd do that.

Since I can't, all I can do is express my deep disappoinment at the badly handled way this was sprung on us.

I like them both ways quite a bit.

The older ones do look like sunsets and the new ones look like Lapis Lazuli, which happens to be one of my favorite gemstones.

I really like having both types. Imagine, if like stripes it ended up changing depending on if it were bred with a dragon of predominantly warm or cold colors. That could make for some amazing lineages.

When does Christmas breeding end anyway? (Found it now.) The calender for the site is pretty much worthless sometimes. I would love if it could be updated at the beginning of each month so we could do some planning.

Even if they don't want to tell us exactly when the new drops are for the other months anymore, would it be possible to have a few days marked as possible egg drop days?

I like them both ways quite a bit.

The older ones do look like sunsets and the new ones look like Lapis Lazuli, which happens to be one of my favorite gemstones.

I really like having both types. Imagine, if like stripes it ended up changing depending on if it were bred with a dragon of predominantly warm or cold colors. That could make for some amazing lineages.

I really like this idea, and Seshat I am not being disingenuous. A lot of the spriters are my friends and I get sick and tired of time and time again their talents being ripped to pieces by the majority because they are wonderful people who don't deserve it. and whats the difference between this and alt sweetlings just build lineages with the CB gen being the CB solstices and move on.

Edited by beautifuldragon5000