MessengerDragon

Solstice Sprites

The more I look at the sprites, the more I realize I actually like the blue wings better than the sunsong-y wings. =o

"...I think it is unfair towards players if they can't collect the "original" sprites. I think it is also unfair towards breeders who wanted to make lineages that are now going to look "less pretty" because of this change. If I understand this correctly, drama like this has occured before when the Bright Pinks and Frills were pulled of the site. It feels like nothing has been learned from those dramas and history is repeating itself..."

This.

While I do find the new sprites nice and think it's a good addition to the game, it's still very unfair to newest players. So, even if I i'm somewhat happy to get both variants, I'm still very sorry for those who don't. This must be changed somehow.

Edited by Xorath

I don't see what the big deal is. I honestly like the blue wings more, they seem more christmassy. (Because that's now a word.) It's still the same dragon and I think it's cool that they did this.

Sort of ruined my lineage plans. Since I have that particular type of OCD where if everything's not perfectly right, it'll drive me nuts. And unfortunately, that's what the new sprites caused. =_=

I'm probably a bit weird, but after I got over the "Oh, so that's changed!" surprise, I decided I quite like this mechanic (but then, Snow Angels are one of my favourite Holidays *because* of their wing variants, exactly the thing that most people complain about). I picked up a couple of Solstice x Alt Sweetlings, which will be fun because my scroll is coded for pink Sweets and now, with the blue wings, the 2Gs will both look different to the CBs and I rather like that idea. That said, I do sympathise with people who hoped for a different outcome and with newer players who wouldn't be able to get the rosy wings, but now there's been a suggestion by TJ and Odeen in S&R that would solve this issue and that has my complete support. I love both the rosy and the blue sprites and am looking forward to having fun "playing" with them. smile.gif

I don't see what the big deal is. I honestly like the blue wings more, they seem more christmassy. (Because that's now a word.) It's still the same dragon and I think it's cool that they did this.

Same here - the color change in the 2nd generation made me fall in love with the solstices. They were not really my favorite dragon before, but now I'm looking forward to making GoN x solstice lineages, that will look so good with the changing solstice sprites smile.gif

This is the typical kind of DC-Drama out of missing communiction we had often in the early years. It actually shows me, that the site is now normally managed more mature and with more communication, which I do appreciate!

I was fascinated by the CB Solstice sprite and totally in love with them, Their wings have a warmth, a depth AND a transparency which I truly cherish. I would be grateful, if there would be a solution based on timing for example, to go on with the original sprite.

I feel glad, that there is the will to inform us and to react on our suggestions, it is lovely to see!

i just bred my 3. gen from Solstice and Sunsongs, and to be honest, I don't think the lineage is ruined now by the Sprite change^^ In fact, I think it still does look very good indeed and I will surely try to continue it next year.

http://dragcave.net/lineage/MUFhl

I like both of the sprites, and I don't think the change is major enough to ruin my lineages, but I sympathize with those who feel otherwise. I wish the change could have been handled better - I wish we would have known beforehand - but what's done is done.

*snip* - I wish we would have known beforehand - but what's done is done.

(not directed at you, Gingehfish, just something that came to my mind when reading your post)

Something about the DC community I fail to understand, no matter how hard I try:

What makes us think we're entitled to be told everything beforehand rather than finding out by playing the game?

(not directed at you, Gingehfish, just something that came to my mind when reading your post)

Something about the DC community I fail to understand, no matter how hard I try:

What makes us think we're entitled to be told everything beforehand rather than finding out by playing the game?

I don't think it's the case that players want to be told everything in advance (although I'm sure there *are* people that wish this was the case), but it seems like there was a "You told them, right?", "No, I thought you were telling them!" miscommunication issue here, which suggests that there *was* an intention to share this information in advance on this occasion, but it fell through the cracks. Additionally, I think this would have been a brilliant thing to add to the encyclopedia, since I can't easily think of any other good way to have shared the info on the different sprites in advance of the first bred ones maturing.

So my original ones have the sunset hue, and the others all have blue. Personally I think the all-blue takes away some of the "depth" of the original wing color, but still, that's the game, right?

I have no idea when the ones I adopted and might still trade for were bred. I'd rather not have them Change to this or that but stay all blue for now. And only implement this night/day Thing for future breedings...

i just bred my 3. gen from Solstice and Sunsongs, and to be honest, I don't think the lineage is ruined now by the Sprite change^^ In fact, I think it still does look very good indeed and I will surely try to continue it next year.

http://dragcave.net/lineage/MUFhl

Okay, you're right. The Checkers do still look okay.

the originals were my favorite dragon. i liked the sunset wings. i agree with the person that said they had a 'heart warming' feel to them and the plain blue ones seem just plain and cold.

i am extremely disappointed as i planned lineages based on the original wings. i planned lineages with sunsongs, almandines, and kept some pairings i found in the AP based on how they looked with the original colors.

normally i try to stay out of the drama, but i feel the same way. i'm sorry to say this but i feel like its a slap in the face.

Edited by spring_dragon

I never noticed that difference until when I saw this thread. I personally like the reddish hue better; it makes the dragon look more colorful and bright. The ones without the hue look simple in a good way, but they don't look as bright and 'heartwarming' as the original.