Pixxelation

Same-Sex Lineage Pairs

I'm not sure if anyone else has ever had this happen, but sometimes, I find the PERFECT pair of dragons with complementing colors, poses, etc., and then I realize... They're the same sex, and I can't make a lineage out of them. Most recently, this happened when my green Nebula and male Falconiform grew up. I saw this:

user posted image

Perfect, right? The colors, the poses... And then the sexes came in. This has happened to me before with other pairings, and of course, I couldn't use those for lines either because of the inability for them to produce offspring ;P

Has this happened to you before? What dragon breeds, and their genders?

Edited by PieMaster

Male Teimarr x male Yellow Undine would have looked so good.

Heartseeker x Radiant Angel would be too decadent and beautiful for words. It was my first thought when the Angels grew up this year, but alas, it can never be.

Mine don't even have to do with how the lineage may look, per say.

I have some characters in a roleplay I do that are literally Gay Dragons and I would be so happy if I could recreate that here

user posted image

user posted image

Doesn't ^ look much better than this? :c

user posted image

user posted image

(edited because I derped and put the male pink below the female seasonal)

Edited by lazybug

This happens to be more often with unbreedable pairs--Vampires, Pygmies/Drakes x regular dragons, two-headeds, etc. But it's happened with Nebulae a number of times. sad.gif

Sweetling x male Black Tea is my main one.

user posted imageuser posted image

But also...

Basically Sweetling x lots of males.

Glacius Drake x Falconiform. It would be so perfect. Oh and Howler x Grave and male Vampire x Brute. As for gender, male Black x male Electric. The poses fit so much better. And Arsani x Val '09, for obvious pink reasons.

Male Coppers would go so well with several other male sprites, like male Ember, male Tri-Horn ... I'm kind of a fan of partnerlook biggrin.gif

The male Hellfire goes so well with the red Nebula, why does the blue Nebula have to be female, too?! It would go so well with female Hellfires sad.gif

Also, the female Daydream and the female Gray would make such a good-looking team!

Male Undine and Male Terrae sad.gif I know in a lineage they'd be tiled, and not next to each other, but they look like they're playing patty cake with each other (Or both swatting at the Undine's tail).

The male Hellfire goes so well with the red Nebula, why does the blue Nebula have to be female, too?! It would go so well with female Hellfires sad.gif

I would love that! I could totally dig a blue/red HF/Neb lineage...

Possibly also:

user posted image x user posted image - we are the queens of regal reclining! tongue.gif

I'm attempting an uv x ember checker, but what I really wanted was:

user posted image x user posted image

as I like the males of both these dragons better than the females. Eventually had to decide I dislike the female uv pose but am okay with the female ember pose so went male uv x female ember. >_>

Oh, another one I really wanted to do- male green copper x male teimarr.

Stahp it, you guys. You're making me all upset over these beautiful, but impossible, pairing combinations. Such pretty colors and pose combinations! D:

My breeding Problem is a bit different

I would have loved to pair Glaucus Drakes with so many other blue Dragons, but alas, not possible with Drakes.

http://www.coup-detat.info/NDER/Lineage.ph...en=1&mate=3xF95

Also I think the Dayglory would look perfect with GoN to create beautiful Avatars.

http://www.coup-detat.info/NDER/Lineage.ph...en=2&mate=3g9to

Edited by lilysally

Howler Drakes would make amazing Avatars of Destruction. wub.gif Alas...

Pose-wise, I wish these could work rather than the other way around:

I almost forgot I wanted to do this until I realized they were the same gender dry.gif

You know what I'd really love to do?

Some hatchies together. Black x Pyralspite for example. Looks gorgeous on my scroll next to each other, but will never be. smile.gif

Edited by whitebaron

You know what I'd really love to do?

Some hatchies together. Black x Pyralspite for example. Looks gorgeous on my scroll next to each other, but will never be. smile.gif

I get that with eggs, sometimes. rolleyes.gif