Wallie987

Caterpillar Cave

Personally, I think having little adventures or experiences with your caterpillars to bond with them is more worthy of a prize on a site that's themed like yours is :c

Personally, I think having little adventures or experiences with your caterpillars to bond with them is more worthy of a prize on a site that's themed like yours is :c

Adventures might be a bit hard - I can try though. xd.png

You can make them choose your own adventure, and maybe even let players write them themselves!

@KoalaNoob: To go with your contests idea, maybe there could be games as well? Like, have a game where you get your caterpillar to eat as many leaves as it can within a given time limit, and the more leaves it eats, the more fuzz puffs you get? Or maybe something like a little racing game where you gain lots of puffs depending on what place you make it in - 1st = 40, 2nd = 20, 3rd = 10, etc.? ^^; (just some extra suggestions)

@KoalaNoob: To go with your contests idea, maybe there could be games as well? Like, have a game where you get your caterpillar to eat as many leaves as it can within a given time limit, and the more leaves it eats, the more fuzz puffs you get? Or maybe something like a little racing game where you gain lots of puffs depending on what place you make it in - 1st = 40, 2nd = 20, 3rd = 10, etc.? ^^; (just some extra suggestions)

You huys may have to wait a while for games - got to learn javascript for that. ;3

Why not choose-your-own-adventure text adventures? The coding for that is really easy, I think. You get the story all written out, then make the multiple choices links to different pages for the different choices. It wouldn't be competitive but maybe it could give fuzz puffs, dreams, or maybe collectible so for beating them?

Just a suggestion I play on another site for pokemon and what they do for the more special legendaries is having explorations but different task for each part of the story (like interactions, having a certain item, feeding berries etc.) maybe we could do that for the caterpillars and we could get a special pillar or maybe just an item? fuzz balls and dreams would be good too xd.png

Kinda like what KoalaNoob suggested :3

Edited by Pestilence420

Personally, I don't like GPX's way of doing this. It's tedious, annoying, and is just outright boring. The stories aren't that great either.

Also, that's nothing like what I suggested :c

I never said make it exactly the same? Just a suggestion and it isn't a bad one...It gets people doing things more around the site then just clicking links to go on to the next part of the story now that is boring and one of the main reason why I stopped playing on another adoptable site it's way to easy

Yeah, but I stopped playing GPX because I despised the quests. Please, if caterpillar cave gets something like this, don't make the rewards exclusive caterpillars. A lot of people don't have the time or patience to click X number of caterpillars and then do blah blah blah. At least have something that focuses on an interesting story and has them really bond with their caterpillars.

The quests on gpx aren't bad at all but I guess that's just one opinion to another..you're talking like this is actually going to happen chill out it's just a suggestion

I'll just let you suggest things from now on since it seems like everytime I mention anything YOU always have something bad to say

Edited by Pestilence420

@Pestillence and @KoalaNoob

Let's respect the opinions of each other and not cause a commotion over such a trifling matter...

I may or may not do quests. If I do, they won't be anything fancy. School's starting again for me... tomorrow. :L

I think complex story quests that award creatures are best left to special events (christmas/anniversary/anything).

Now, little quests to click around or get certain items that reward money (in this case, puffs and dreams), I think they are okay.

@Pestilence Sorry if it feels that way, but I've only disagreed with you twice. That's because I disagree, sorry if you take offence when I'm trying to show you the downsides of a maybe good idea.

Yeah, maybe they should we left to special occasions. It's just getting a little bit boring, just clicking all the time. :c

Hey, did you ever read my suggestion on changing the link color of the night theme? I really love the theme, but the bright purple clashes really hard with the blue, especially when it comes to readability. I think just a silver or lilac color would do better.

Hey, did you ever read my suggestion on changing the link color of the night theme? I really love the theme, but the bright purple clashes really hard with the blue, especially when it comes to readability. I think just a silver or lilac color would do better.

I made the links a tad darker - when I made them lighter, it got really hard to see them on the menu.

The Nightcloud theme looks fine to me. It's not really changed that much, but it's a tad clearer which is very thing. I prefer the brighter, happier one, though. I just like the mood more, sorry if that's insulting.

The Nightcloud theme looks fine to me. It's not really changed that much, but it's a tad clearer which is very thing. I prefer the brighter, happier one, though. I just like the mood more, sorry if that's insulting.

I personally like the candy cloud theme more too, but I know that some people want a break from the PINK. :3

Yeah, you're right. More color schemes appeal to more people.

Honestly, I think growing should take longer. It only takes me two days to fully mature my caterpillars now, it's too fast. The wait can be what makes an adoptable site. Also, check the suggestions on the caterpillar cave forums, I think I found a glitch or something.

Edit: never mind about the CC forum thing, you already read it.

Edited by KoalaNoob

I'll see what to do with adoption levels once I settle this exploration thing. xd.png

Warning: it's going to take a while. :3

It's still take like 3 or 4 days to grow up mine o-o

Huh, that's strange. I generally get 20-30 clicks for everything growing per day, which I guess is how many people who click everything every day? The numbers should be the same, but it's not for some reason. I'll record how much my next egg gets, to see for sure.

I am slightly curious as to why these guys from the adoption center are so much larger than the ones we buy :3

user posted imageuser posted image

*edit: I wrote pound not adoption center lol

Edited by Asketil

The metals look like that too. It's a new pose, and the size is different as well. I think the others use the same lineart, so this is a new one.

I am slightly curious as to why these guys from the adoption center are so much larger than the ones we buy :3

user posted imageuser posted image

*edit: I wrote pound not adoption center lol

Cause big is fluffier! O.o